• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Holes are Fake

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
I confess. I'm very angry to learn that black holes are fake.

I wasted a considerable amount of time viewing the plethora of Discovery Channel television shows describing them. I wasted a lot of mental energy reading Stephen Hawkings' dumbed-down popular books.

My only benefit from this black hole nonsense is: Lessons learned The Hard Way, are learned well.

I confess. I'm very angry to learn that black holes are fake.

I wasted a considerable amount of time viewing the plethora of Discovery Channel television shows describing them. I wasted a lot of mental energy reading Stephen Hawkings' dumbed-down popular books.

My only benefit from this black hole nonsense is: Lessons learned The Hard Way, are learned well.

Dammit - now I need a new theory as to where all my socks are going . . .

Or just under the washing machine? :D

I do need an investigation - I threw out all of my old socks when my boys moved out of the house and bought several packages of exactly the same kind (OCD anyone?) and the other day I pulled everything out of my drawer and counted over 20 different kinds of socks with no matches . . .

When you understand the science its no wonder washing machines cause socks to disappear.

And others have created white holes in liquids such as water. When you run the tap into your kitchen sink, the water striking the surface forms a circular disc of water surrounded by a ‘lip’ known as a hydraulic jump. Water waves cannot cross this lip into the flat region, so this is a white hole. In your own kitchen sink!
Back in 2011, Unruh and a few pals decided to produce a similar kind of a white hole in water flowing through a channel in their lab. Their goal was to send water waves against the flow, towards this white hole and see what happens to them.
The results turned out to be interesting. Since the waves could not enter the white hole, they began to pile up outside it, at the region known as the white hole horizon. But as they piled up, the group velocity of the waves dropped until it was less than the velocity of the flowing water.
When that happened, the waves were swept downstream, away from the horizon. The result is that the horizon appears to be emitting radiation, exactly as Hawking predicted. “What we measured in our experiment was precisely that conversion of the ingoing waves into outgoing waves,” says Unruh.
First Observation of Hawking Radiation? — The Physics arXiv Blog — Medium

So you see washing machines create white holes, any socks slipping over the event horizon are lost

"...because of the formal mathematical equivalence between white holes and black holes, the answer is yes: they really have seen Hawking radiation for the first time."

Apparently, the boys in Vancouver suffer the same notion as the Discovery Channel frauds, that math = observation.

Albert Einstein and Karl Schwarzchild did not believe in black holes. I have to go with those guys rather than some hacks in Canada.

Well its been my direct observation socks do indeed go missing in our washing machine.
I put a load in, shut the lid and pull the chain a few times, and without fail some are gone.
It doesnt seem to matter what brand of powder i put in the cistern either

Mike, it is well-known among seasoned warriors in the 100 year-long Socks versus Black Holes war that the ability to Divide by Zero is far more important than what brand of detergent you employ.

All the best mathematicians and physicists must posses this ability.

Well its been my direct observation socks do indeed go missing in our washing machine.
I put a load in, shut the lid and pull the chain a few times, and without fail some are gone.

Australian washing machine eh?

cone4.jpg

All you guys whining about missing socks should contact me, I've got a few additional socks that I can't account for.

Last edited:
Australian washing machine eh?

cone4.jpg

Spooky.... the downstairs washing machine has a lid identical to this one.

Actually the gag dates back to the 50's when the australian govt built lots of new houses in the northern territory and encouraged the last of the nomadic aborigines to live in them.
The issue with the washing machines was reported to the social workers who checked in on them to see how they were adjusting.

Spooky.... the downstairs washing machine has a lid identical to this one.

Actually the gag dates back to the 50's when the australian govt built lots of new houses in the northern territory and encouraged the last of the nomadic aborigines to live in them.
The issue with the washing machines was reported to the social workers who checked in on them to see how they were adjusting.

hahaha well it shows that real life can be stranger than fiction

I don't think you guys are taking this with enough gravity . . . when my boys left the house, I purged all the white socks and bought bags of matching socks . . . then we moved, I am telling you the only socks in my house were those I had bought (that matched) maybe a few different kinds, but lots and lots of matching socks - I now have about three pair that match (six total socks - not even enough to make it through the week) and I can post a picture of well over a dozen different kinds of socks laid out on my bed - with no matches . . . where did these come from??

Mike, I'll try to post so you can see if some of yours are in my pile here. If so, I can send them - might have to be COD though.

at one point in my early 20s i was the proud owner of 3 pairs of socks and 3 pairs of boxers, i worked from around 6 am every morning, 6 days a week until dinner time, my mrs did the laundry, but most times/days, i was up at 5am and in a quick bath to wake/refresh me, and frankly i would just wash my socks and boxers i was wearing in the sink while the bath was running, then fold them, and stick them in the micro-wave, take them out every 2 mins and shake the steam out, and repeat whilst sat at the kitchen table eating toast and drinking tea, whilst wrapped in a towel, job was a goodun.

Black holes are predicted by general relativity...also, Hawking didn't say black holes didn't exist. He suggested that the event horizon of a black hole isn't permanent. Other physicists define it as just a horizon (as pointed out in the article), but Hawking's actual statements are more subtle, and it's not easy to draw definitive conclusions from them.

Last edited:
If you pay smart people a comfortable wage to sit around doing brain teasers and hobbies, guess what they will do?

I'm sure the math is very, very pretty, but black holes are still fake.

Back