• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bitcoin

Hahaha. You should read articles before posting them.

Your faith in government is impressive, but I encourage you to learn how Open-Source and P2P work.

oops, you are as mis-guided about my faith in government as you are about my usage of p2p.

i am all for operating outside of the banking system, and still having a 'normal' life without the maggot's, just aint gonna happen, if it does, then you can visit my plot and tell so, cos it aint happenin in my lifetime.

How about doing a show on Bitcoin? Maybe supplemental to regular show? Off topic? Maybe but consider a software controlled money system, and distributed consensus systems generally would seem to be valuable for intergalactic societies. I'd be happy to help organize or contribute to such a show. Some great questions and concerns brought up here. Keep in mind while bitcoin may seem confusing now, most fail to appreciate the abstractions and illusion behind the financial system you have participated in your whole life. There's layers of services and infrastructure to simplify things to your perspective. Bitcoin's infrastructure is still being built.

The change is beginning...

TigerDirect Tops $1 Million in Total Bitcoin Sales
TigerDirect Tops $1 Million in Total Bitcoin Sales

Florida-based online high-tech retailer TigerDirect passed $1m in total bitcoin sales on 13th March, less than two months after it began accepting the digital currency.

...In addition to the sales increase, Leeds indicates that customers have benefitted from the arrangement as well, saving money on transaction fees when compared to other forms of online payment such as credit cards.

TigerDirect joins Overstock as the second merchant to pass the $1m bitcoin sales mark. Overstock announced that it reached the milestone on 4th March.

This brief informational video was shown on the Conan O'Brian television show.

A Bitcoin executive explains the concept in Layman's terms even the most feeble-minded prole should be capable of understanding...

63.png

I feel like all the bad press and the elimination of some
High rollers and the outing of bitcoin creator was a spook operation?? I could be wrong but the timing of the hack co insides with a bunch of negative press in forex and other global paper trading markets and took a lot of press away from some fairly important issues that we all may have wanted to take closer looks at. The high profile deaths of some major bankers and other info that was only briefly touched on by very few mostly fringe "wack jobs" whom no one listens to unless its all that's available at the time.... Anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And:
IRS to treat bitcoin as property, not currency, for tax purposes - latimes.com
I am so glad I stopped taking Bitcoin donations. Talk about a can of worms.

This is awesome news. This IRS ruling pushes tax compliance costs to absurd levels. It is well-known among tax theorists that high compliance cost wildly reduces compliance.

While amusing to watch the IRS and big banks slowly begin to realize they are dead, it is also pathetically sad in a certain way when we witness emerging technologies destroying old paradigms and changing societal structures in ways the victims cannot understand.

My first secretary refused to learn WordPerfect on the 80386 we bought her. She pounded out forms with her old IBM Selectric typewriter until management finally forced her to retire.

This guy sums it up nicely for a bunch of clueless institutional investment managers at the CIC last February...

The Bankster Oligarchs are just beginning to realize that private currencies like Bitcoin are LETHAL to their thousand year-old system of human livestock exploitation.

The article below describes how the U.S. Military is gearing up to fight crypto-currencies.

U.S. Navy Preparing Bitcoin Battalion Bitcoin Magazine

Decentralized, open-source private networks are the key to winning human freedom from the predators. All kinds of open-source networks; agricultural, social, commerce, and communication.

Back