• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bill Hicks - Drugs and Evolution

sh1fty

Paranormal Novice
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSH6ofHbeUw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

I love Bill Hicks. He makes such great observances about life and such. This one is no exception, he basically asks "How do god-fearing humans get off banning nature?". He's talking about marijuana and magic mushrooms. It's almost as if we are saying "We love you god for all you have done... except for this, oh and that too, we are banning those".

Anyways, I'll let Bill do the talking since he's much funnier.

I love the Hicks. Been a longtime fan of his, and I'm still saddened by his passing. Society really needs thinkers like that in the limelight. Man, he would have been an awesome guest for the show! Sigh, alright, dreaming aside, this would probably be one of my favorite quotes of his, also featured on the track "Third Eye" by Tool:

"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs."

Ah hell, I can't just pick one quote. For anyone curious about him, here's some more from him.

"People are bringing shotguns to UFO sightings in Fife, Alabama. I asked a guy, "Why do you bring a gun to a UFO sighting?" Guy said, "Way-ul, we didn' wanna be ab-duc-ted." If I lived in Fife, Alabama, I would be on my hands and knees every night praying for abduction."

"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fucking cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."

"We gotta come to some new ideas about life folks ok? I'm not being blase about abortion, it might be a real issue, it might not, doesn't matter to me. What matters is that if you believe in the sanctity of life then you believe it for life of all ages. That's what I hate about this child-worship syndrome going on. "Save the children! They're killing children! How many children were at Waco? They're killing children!" What does that mean? They reach a certain age and they're off your fucking love-list? Fuck your children, if that's the way you think then fuck you too. You either love all people of all ages or you shut the fuck up." (Ah God, I remember the intensity of the gut I busted when I heard that! Hilarious.)

"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

Bill, we miss you man. Hope you're enjoying your time in the "fifth dimension with the UFO's".

Back