• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigfoot? "No, melted bunny print"

Free episodes:

mothaeffinxhailey

Paranormal Novice
I am going to qualify this by saying the evidence has been taken, which is why I can't show anyone what we had found. Also, I am no expert of anything, I'm still learning and therefore I can't say that I KNOW anything to be true or not. I just thought I would share an experience that happened to my family when I was about 2 years old.

My parents and I lived in a SMALL town in Washington called Onalaska. It's a spit and miss it town in every sense of the phrase. There is only a blinking stop light and a gas station, so it's still pretty far away from any of the big city bustle.

My dad and my uncle had gone hunting in the woods directly behind our pasture. Only about a mile or so into the woods from our property line are foothills that lead up to mountains. While they were out there, they had noticed a HUGE foot print in the snow. My uncle (who is a big guy with large hands) put his hand next to the foot print (which was seemingly that of a large humans as it had an obvious heel, long arch, and a row of toes) and my dad took a few pictures. They thought nothing of it other than it was strange and took off.

When my dad returned home, he asked my mom to drop the film off and develope it for him, which she did the next day. The following Monday, my mom was home with me when she received a call from the University of Washington, asking about the pictures she had just developed for my dad. Within hours, they met my dad at our milking parlour on our family's farm, took the photos and negatives and asked my dad to give them directions RIGHT to the footprint.

A few days later, the University called my dad and said that it was nothing more than a bunny's footprint that had melted outward to give it it's huge size. To this day, my dad and uncle maintain that it couldn't have been a bunny print and my mom who saw the pictures says she would be more inclined to believe it to be a melted bear print, but that the snow wasn't melted and the print was indeed too human and too big to be a bear print.

Again, I haven't seen the pictures but I find it to be odd since Bigfoot has been spotted in the woods of Washington state for decades. I guess this is just one more story that could added to the "truth" side of the Bigfoot scale.

Number and location of toes, and claw marks would certainly determine whether or not it was a rabbit print.

footprint.jpg

I don't think it would be easy to mistake a rabbit print for a humanoid/primate footprint-even if there was melt involved.

welcome!
thanks for the post. i have seen "melted" animal tracks quite often here in minnesota. they can look very strange. i have seen thousands of dead animals or remnants of dead animals as well. having hunted for 40 years i have seen some strange things in the woods. i have never seen a dead or decaying bigfoot and no one i know has either. i would never say they do not exist but i am doubtful they do. having said that, new animal species are found all the time. lets hope someday someone finds one.

i wonder what they taste like?

My mom, dad, and uncle all tell me that it was almost impossible to count how many toes there were, but they have all said that the row of toes were straighter than the pads of a bunny's feet. They also said that they were in descending order, which would coincide with that of a human(iod).

My mom, dad, and uncle all tell me that it was almost impossible to count how many toes there were, but they have all said that the row of toes were straighter than the pads of a bunny's feet. They also said that they were in descending order, which would coincide with that of a human(iod).

a friend of mine has freakishly strange feet like a monkey. i mean they are like hands on his feet. i can't even stand to look at them. his first toe next the the big toe is as long as my pointer finger! i swear he could probably hold a can of beer with them things.... :eek:

That area is right next to the Cascade Range, south of Mt. Rainier and north of Mt. St. Helens. That is a huge area with plenty of space to hide.

It's really statistically unlikely to ever find remains of a dead creature. The scavengers move in fast and tear apart the skeleton, carrying much of it away. That area is very damp with rain and mold. A corpse would deteriorate to unrecognizable in just a few days. The area is hundreds of thousands of acres of dense forest with lots of undergrowth. Of course, if Big Foot buries its dead.....

Amen. David and Gene asked Loren Coleman why we haven't found a bigfoot corpse and his explaination was more than plausible, including the theory that perhaps bigfoot bury their dead.

Washington is still very unexplored. Aside from the strip down the middle of Washington, everything else is pretty much either mountainous and full of trees or it's the canyons and plateaus. This could be the reason why there are so many bigfoot sitings here.

When I was a young man with a driver's license, but no sense, a bunch of us would take to the logging roads up around Shelton--other side of the state, but just as remote. We'd take a case of beer and go 'hunting for big foot' by drinking around the campfire and speculating on what we would do if we ever encountered one. I don't remember all our options except for Option C, which was "Learn to Fly."

Never saw anything, but we managed to hear something 'in the bushes' to scare us. Of course, we fancied we saw submarines in Puget Sound, too, way before there were Tridents.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Well, my question would be why would the University of Washington be calling in the first place? So, we assume the person who developed the film looked at the pics and called a University? Why would someone do that? Where did she drop the film off at? Was it just a regular film developing place? And why would your dad just hand over pics AND negatives? That all sounds strange, indeed.

No one is quite sure how the UW got ahold of this information. In the small little town this happened in, my mother had taken the film to a store called Yardbirds, which I guess is a pre-walmart type store. Except for hicks. They had a little photo place set up where one person developed with all the machines and you'd get it back the next day...way before one hour photo. No one can seem to remember the name of it now, so I can't provide anything more than the pictures were developed at an outlet store that was local and is no longer around.

Why they would hand the pics right over? Well, I don't think they thought it was bigfoot, thats for sure. He was completely dumbfounded. My mom was the one who thought it was strange, but they were his pictures to do what he wished.

Yardbirds is right on I-5 by Centralia, right? That's about 100 miles south of the UW.

You are correct, sir.

Interesting fact, which many of you might know. There is a professor at the UW (I believe...it could be one of the other colleges here...) who studies bigfoot. If I remember correctly, he is the one who has the casting of the so-called crippled bigfoot. Perhaps he had something to do with it....

Interesting fact, which many of you might know. There is a professor at the UW (I believe...it could be one of the other colleges here...) who studies bigfoot. If I remember correctly, he is the one who has the casting of the so-called crippled bigfoot. Perhaps he had something to do with it....

That would be Grover Kranz of Washington State University in Pullman. He died in 2002.

Back