• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Best Evidence: Top 10 UFO Sightings

That was GREAT, thanks for posting, id love to see a top 20 sequel.
I liked what Mac said at the end , that we may not yet have the vocabulary to describe the enigma, its a sentiment ive long held myself.

Exceptional video!!!! One of the best, if not THE best I have seen yet!
No woowoo, no spacebrother crap....just facts and some level headed commentaries.
Loved it!

As an aside, I'd like to see that top 70 list...., and I'm with Mike, I'd love to see a top 20 also!

The original film, in its entirety.

I like the film for being distinctly non-hysterical in tone and as one of the small number in the genre to steer clear of dramatic music.

With our great friend hindsight, is there anything you would change in the film? Will the upcoming enhanced version include new information, different commentators or even see some commentaries edited?

I like the film for being distinctly non-hysterical in tone and as one of the small number in the genre to steer clear of dramatic music.

With our great friend hindsight, is there anything you would change in the film? Will the upcoming enhanced version include new information, different commentators or even see some commentaries edited?

Oh, there's always things that one would change in hindsight, but I never worry too much about that. The new version will have me narrating, from more of a first-person POV, which is what I should have done in the first place (there's that pesky hindsight...). No editing of the film itself is planned, but there will be bonus extras added on the DVD - unreleased interview footage, director's commentary, and some other things. You know, the usual!

Paul

Paul, Thanks for posting. Those are precisely the kinds of cases that keep us scratching our heads and searching for answers.

I certainly hope this pays for itself, for it certainly should be aired. Bravo on a fine piece of work -succinct and thorough and just a hint of the mystery it deserves. I will definately be doing my part to provide some buzz. Sincere thanks for posting this.

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet although I think I've seen excerpts before. Could anyone tell me which are the 10 cases included? I wonder if it was easy to whittle it down to 10 or were there lots which almost made it?

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet although I think I've seen excerpts before. Could anyone tell me which are the 10 cases included? I wonder if it was easy to whittle it down to 10 or were there lots which almost made it?

#1 - 1957 RB47 case
#2 - 1976 Tehran case
#3 - 1980 Rendlesham Forest case
#4 - 1950 McMinnville photos case
#5 - 1953 Santa Barbara Channel case
# 6 - 1967 Shag Harbour case
# 7 - 1967 Malmstrom AFB case
#8 - 1996 Yukon case
#9 - 1973 Skylab III case
#10 - 1561 Nuremberg case

I added the 1561 case, to make a point about the timeless nature of the UFO phenomenon. It bumped another case that the experts had voted in at #10. Such is the editorial discretion of a filmmaker! ;-)

Most of the people I polled to come up with the results did indeed say that they found it tough to whittle it down to ten. The late Dick Hall refused to call it his "ten best" list - rather, he called it a "ten of the best" list, and then told me that if he was to do it again the day after, he might have a different list. I think that's a pretty fair analysis. However, by combining all of the lists, I think I came up with a pretty good top 9 - all cases that remain unsolved (no matter what the disbelievers will tell you).

Paul

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Thanks Paul !
I'm getting a copy for sure (hopefully available in Canada ) :)

As I live in Canada, our home and native land will be the first place the English-language version is available! :)

Thanks for that insight Paul. I'll definitely be watching this. I remember asking Mr BIedny which were the best UFO cases and him directing me towards some of these clips.

Back