• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Best Evidence Teasers

The only people that are gonna buy this (in the monetary sense) are those that already accept the reality of UFO's.

So my question to you is are you doing this to extract money from those that already believe in the UFO reality or to educate those who haven't looked at the evidence before?

I'm pretty confident that those who haven't looked at the UFO subject before won't ever see this video because they will have to pay for it - so, why not put the whole thing on google video for free - get maximum coverage?

You'll feel better knowing that you helped get the 'truth' out there to the general public.

That is what UFO researchers want isn't it? To get the truth out there to the general public?

No that won't happen. Just a rehash of stuff thats already out there.

I think maybe Paul you shouldn't shill here. You come in bad mouthing the competition then try to sell us your products, It doesn't look to good.

Maybe If Gene and David have you on as a guest it would be appropriate.

Good grief.

So now offering alternative viewpoints based on facts and common sense is "bad mouthing" people (BTW, Greer and Hellyer aren't the "competition").

This is the kind of blinkered thinking that has got ufology to the rut its in today.

As for shilling, and selling stuff, I've got news for you fellas - I'm a professional filmmaker. I work in lots of areas besides UFOs, everything from classical music to small town pro wrestling (i.e. anywhere there's a compelling story). I don't make my films unless they're already pre-sold to at least one network, with a fully financed budget. In the case of Best Evidence, that would be Space in Canada, and TVNZ in New Zealand, and we have a British distributor to sell the rest of the world.

In other words, I don't have to "sell my wares" on a message forum that has less than 200 members. And people aren't paying for it - they're getting it when they watch those channels. If I sign a DVD distribution deal later, then they can pay for it if they want, but unlike most UFO filmmakers, I always make sure to add plenty of extras that aren't in the film, at my own time and expense.

As for the target market, it's NOT the UFO crowd. Why would I bother - they're already pre-disposed to watch the stuff anyway (and it's a fairly small market anyway). The market I'm after is everyone else, to try and convince them that there's a phenomenon worth taking seriously.

But, as this little clip of Nick, which I thought people might find interesting just for the short statement he makes (and which you ignored, i.e. the need for corroboration to make a really good case), offends you so, I've removed it.

Your loss.

Paul

paulkimball said:
As for the target market, it's NOT the UFO crowd. Why would I bother - they're already pre-disposed to watch the stuff anyway (and it's a fairly small market anyway). The market I'm after is everyone else, to try and convince them that there's a phenomenon worth taking seriously.

You should hire someone in marketing then...

Paul your the one who came on this little board of less than 200 people and started tearing other researchers down.

I actually don't have a "side" to bicker for. I will listen to anyone who wants to speak on the subject. Including you. I've been to your Blogs and enjoyed the things you have to say. But your no different from all the other people who say "don't listen to them they're crazy" listen to me and buy my stuff instead.

I'm not really a "greer" supporter. I'm more interested in the people he's gathered together than the man himself.

Paul,

I welcome your thoughts and input on these forums. While 200 is indeed a small audience, I'd like to think that reaching even one other person who has some useful ideas on these subjects is worth the effort. We have some truly interesting folk lurking here, and more people are gradually discovering the show.

After watching the Project Disclosure press conference, I came to many of the same conclusions as I suspect you did, including having some issues with certain testimonies and specific info. There is a heck of a lot of noise uut there, the layers are perplexing and elusive, and that's before even scratching the political element, which is a nightmare. The mudslinging and personal battles are sad, but not surprising, given the polarized positions and general lunacy. Still, it's fascinating stuff, and I would like to hope that there are some answers for the finding. Perhaps I'm deluding myself. Gotta find out.

Please feel free to share whatever words and media you'd like. I hope you can find some time to chat with us on the show in the near future.

dB

Hey, I'm a new member here. I'm really excited to find a forum that Paul Kimball posts on. Seriously. I really find your viewpoints refreshing and few of the only ones worth listening to out there. Cut him some slack guys, that's pathetic.

j-rod said:
Cut him some slack guys, that's pathetic.

I thought the whole point of the paracast was to NOT cut people "slack". Give them a fair opportunity to state their viewpoints free of ridicule certainly but no free rides. If you think someone's opinion is crap, you have the right to call them on it, it's what free speech is all about.

CapnG said:
I thought the whole point of the paracast was to NOT cut people "slack". Give them a fair opportunity to state their viewpoints free of ridicule certainly but no free rides. If you think someone's opinion is crap, you have the right to call them on it, it's what free speech is all about.

you make a good point. although i never heard that the attitude of the paracast was to not cut people slack. i'm all for free speech, but there is something to be said for tone and attitude. question people, yes. but to attack and accuse of "shilling" is just plain ridiculous. it's exactly what turns me off in this field. exercise your right to free speech and i'll exercise mine: the attacks on paul were immature and ridiculous.

read david biedny's response. that's the proper way to do it.

I like Pauls point of view too. But he came on here and started tearing other people down etc. Not cool.

Guy.W said:
I like Pauls point of view too. But he came on here and started tearing other people down etc. Not cool.

I didn't tear anyone down (which to me is a simple ad hominem attack) - I offered an opinion, which I can back up with facts, re: either Greer or Hellyer, as to their legitimacy with respect to the serious study of the UFO phenomenon. No apologies here, because if UFOs are ever going to be taken seriously, guys like this need to be exposed for what they really are, and then discarded.

If you want to look for people who shill, start with the guy who charges hundreds of dollars for people to wander about the woods at night beaming flashlights into the sky in an attempt to vector in aliens.

Not even Billy Meier is that blatantly phoney. ;)

Paul

David Biedny said:
The mudslinging and personal battles are sad, but not surprising, given the polarized positions and general lunacy.

David:

It's also not unique to ufology - just have a read through the history of 19th century exploration, for example, to see how people went after each other. Any human activity is bound to bring out the best and the worst in people - it's human nature.

Besides, we all have egos. I sure do, and happily admit it - because I know I can back it up! ;)

Paul

David Biedny said:
I hope you can find some time to chat with us on the show in the near future.

David:

As we discussed, sometime in the new year, when work dies down a bit, and I can discuss the top 10 UFO case project in detail.

Good to see you had Mac on - I don't always agree with him, but he's a good, decent, honest guy, who is well-spoken and has some very interesting ideas and perspectives on a wide range of topics, especially transhumanism.

Paul

Here's more shameless shilling.

Of course, one could ignore the shamless shilling part (I do), and start a conversation as to what you think of the McMinnville case. ;)

Paul

paulkimball said:
Here's more shameless shilling.

Hi Paul, List,

I haven't seen any of your "shameless shilling" for the Best Evidence video recently.

How are things coming along? Can you give us the current forecast for dates for broadcasting / release of the DVD?

All the best,

Isaac

Back