• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Best Books

J.T.

Maybe Logic
What are the best current (last 10 years) books on ghosts? I'm interested in open minded exploration of the at best problematic issue, not a book length treatise of ghosts as dead souls.

A real recent book that should be the Bible when it comes to "ghosts" is written by the grand daddy of all the Paranormal investigations, Dr. Barry Taff it's called Aliens Above Ghost Below

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0557445280/?tag=rockoids-20

Dr. Taff really doesn't subscribe to ghosts being incarnate intelligences "dead souls".

I would easily put it in my top 5 paranormal books, not only of the last ten years but of all time.

Thanks Ward, looks like an excellent suggestion. I found a couple of podcast interviews with the author (which seems to be the best way of 'vetting' a book these days) that I'm going to listen to, and then get myself a copy. But it looks and sounds like exactly the kind of a book I was looking for. Other suggestions welcome.

Try "Ghost": Investigating the Other Side.By Katherine Ramsland. I read this some years ago and it is a very good read. She is skeptical but not dogmatic and really bold in going into a place and doing the footwork.

Back