• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Beached Ants

they were put there by all of the 'ORBS" that are visible in the last photo.

Those are fainting ants. Also known as stiff-legged ants. They're like these goats that topple over any time they become excited:

;)
-DBTrek

ew, gros, blech, disgusting! I vehemently hate ants with passion. Thanks, A. LeClair...Guess what my next incumbent nightmare's going to be about ;)

As a digression, has anyone ever seen a 'red tide' before? I grew up in Ventura, Ca., a beach-town about an hour below Santa Barbara in Southern California. Twice a year, there'd be "red tide". Some kind of sea algae, would come ashore to lay its eggs and die (I think). They produced a red translucent glow, similar to fire-flies. You have to be at the right place at the right time. I saw it once. It was a red, glow-in-the dark coastline (evening-time), that went for miles and miles and miles. One of the eeriest things I've seen. PS: It's not supposed to be very healthy, either. No swimming during red-tide.

This image is pretty close to what it looked like:

red%20tide.jpg

Sure beats ants!

About the ants...My guess would be an extremely large colony, or set of colonies, was probably flooded out. The ants die, and get washed into the ocean. They got washed into the ocean during low tide, so the rising tide pushed the dead ant-debris onto the shoreline.

Or it could be alien ant-mutlilations, maybe?

They were obviously put there by the same people that faked the moon landing. :p

Back