• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bassett and Steiger Show

Kim323

Paranormal Maven
Well, here I am invariably giving my thumbs up to the latest Paracast show. Oops, Roger Ebert has that patented and has refused his replacement hosts the right to use it in their reviews until he gets back on. Anyway, great show, and I'd like to heartily agree with David and Gene with their comments that they must surely have Steve back on to go into MUCH MORE detail as to why he is so sure the ETs are here and interacting with government(s). He demurred when asked to supply those details and evidence, and if my memory serves me right he was positive about a return visit. By the way, I've seen audiomartini with Rick Wood mentioned in the forums here and there, and he, while very skeptical (though in his very recent interview with Steve Bassett he said he believes we've been visited by ETs), he is nearly always polite. But he really drove into Bassett in that interview, and frankly Steve was rendered speechless, either because he was unprepared, or he got flustered by Rick's intensity of questioning. That interview is worth a listen, all of you, and yes, get Bassett back on right away! I want to hear more, and no matter what you think of him, he is an interesting and intriguing guy. Kim:):):)

Kim323 said:
Anyway, great show, and I'd like to heartily agree with David and Gene with their comments that they must surely have Steve back on to go into MUCH MORE detail as to why he is so sure the ETs are here and interacting with government(s). He demurred when asked to supply those details and evidence, and if my memory serves me right he was positive about a return visit.

I found him insufferably dogmatic, and after a while I just couldn't listen to the podcast anymore. His angry refusal to discuss any real evidence reminded me of the creationists, of whom I have also had all I can stomach.

Didn't care for Bassett myself. Steiger is interesting as always, but seems like a large part of his schtick is telling other people's stories with total belief. Now, I say that without having read anything of his. I've only heard him interviewed 3 or 4 times. I know he has some of his own ghost stories, but he often spends time talking about anecdotal evidence of the paranormal.

But I really liked his story about the guy who encountered the strange girl and her crew. It's probably much ado about nothing, but it was pretty interesting...it wasn't the usual ghost, demon/angel or alien story. It left you really wondering what they were...sort of like that Julianne Moor movie with the people flying up into the air (don't remember title). I like the idea that the beings aren't one of the usual suspects.

Back