• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Basset the whack job

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
My beloved Steven (the UFO lobbyist who has never had a meeting with a congressman) Basset has recently been spewing nonsense yet again. Here is a nice nugget of absurd conspiracy speak.

“Is it possible,” Bassett wondered, after detailing President Clinton’s interest in UFOs, that the impeachment trial was staged “to prevent (him) from becoming the first disclosure president?” Did Hillary Clinton forsake a $30 million private-sector job to become Secretary of State “to protect Bill’s legacy” in this field? Did the U.S. military-intelligence establishment reject George Bush as its appointed disclosure agent “because he’s not as smart” and he “went rogue”?
(Full story here)

Can we all just agree that this guy is at best an inept well meaning buffoon and move on? Is there any reason whatsoever to even bother paying the slightest sliver of attention to him?

Can we all just agree that this guy is at best an inept well meaning buffoon and move on? Is there any reason whatsoever to even bother paying the slightest sliver of attention to him?

Ignoring the irony of that last sentence, I sort of agree and don't pay much attention unless he appears in a thread somewhere or other.

He's made some reasonable points on his journey and possibly introduced a lot of people to the mysteries of the UFO enigma. At the same time, I could pull my hair out in despair to read something as totally lacking in 'feet on the ground' logic as this Bill Clinton gem. What's worse are the many people who would happily argue in his defence. It's scary.

Does the conspiracy extend to preventing Clinton having access to any media whatsoever? Is he implanted with a 'mute' device that prevents him from talking to people about the 'disclosure?' Have 'they' put an embargo on Bill's libido to blackmail him into silence? If not, is there anything stopping Bill from tweeting, emailing or posting a letter to the press?

The guys in Exopolitics and Paradigm-whatever worry the hell out of me. Are they allowed to use scissors and other sharp items? Are their cars fitted with transponders so that road users know there's a potential hazard with no critical thinking behind the wheel? It's as if we could draw a chalk-door on a wall and keep them bemused for hours like hypnotised chickens. The consistent lack of critical thinking goes so far against the laws of probability that I don't believe they are as daft as they make out. He's clearly intelligent so what gives with these endless claims?

The guys in Exopolitics and Paradigm-whatever worry the hell out of me. Are they allowed to use scissors and other sharp items? Are their cars fitted with transponders so that road users know there's a potential hazard with no critical thinking behind the wheel? It's as if we could draw a chalk-door on a wall and keep them bemused for hours like hypnotised chickens. The consistent lack of critical thinking goes so far against the laws of probability that I don't believe they are as daft as they make out. He's clearly intelligent so what gives with these endless claims?

Thumbs up for that comment Kandinsky I could not have said it better.

As for "He's clearly intelligent so what gives with these endless claims" I would think the attention and what money can be made would be a good start.

Back