• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bashar the amazing!

This crap just puts me on edge.

And to be clear - I think that channeling is possible, because of the case of Arigo, who channeled a German doctor and a host of other entities, the result of which is expressed by amazing physical manifestations, healings that have no other modern counterpart, and for which Arigo took not a single dime in payment. Then you have BS like "Bashar", or my favorite charlatan in this genre, JZ Knight and her ridiculous Ramtha. In this clip - and take note, The Clueless One:

Knight being interviewed by the joke AKA Alan Steinfeld, a blight on the paranormal field.

Yeah, she needs terrible plastic surgery and Botox in order to channel a multidimensional entity. What a stinking pile of dung, and man, Steinfeld's stoned doe-eyed love of this travesty speaks volumes to his own ignorance and sheer stupidity.

dB

Dear David,
I know Alan Steinfeld and he is a nice person. He is not a scientific parapsychologist by any means. But he is generous and friendly. He may be innocent or ingenuous, but he did make possible my meeting Russell Targ, an intelligent and insightful voice in the parapsychological community, at his symposium in New York City. I like Alan as a human being.
Best,
Fahrusha

Dear David,
I know Alan Steinfeld and he is a nice person. He is not a scientific parapsychologist by any means. But he is generous and friendly. He may be innocent or ingenuous, but he did make possible my meeting Russell Targ, an intelligent and insightful voice in the parapsychological community, at his symposium in New York City. I like Alan as a human being.
Best,
Fahrusha

Fahrusha,

I have met Mr. Steinfeld on more than one occasion, and while I agree that he is "nice and friendly", I also think he's ignorant and highly gullible. I tend to like human beings who are thoughtful, intelligent, inquisitive and logical. Alan might be inquisitive, but he displays few of those other traits, IMO. The way he stares at Knight, ready to lick her toes clean, makes me ill. I'm just expressing how I feel, and the fact that he confers legitimacy to this - and other - charlatans, disturbs me to no end.

dB

Dear David,
I think of Alan as a facilitator. He presents a variety of programs and it is up to the individual to decide whether or not the particular presenter is valuable or interesting. One must be discerning as you well know! Caveat emptor! :)
Best,
Fahrusha

THE FUTURE, DEATH AND ENTROPY

Copyright 2008 Gil James Bavel

The future? Who wants to see the future? The future is a cold, dark, smoky place inhabited by all manner of deranged scuttering things. What man cares to know when he will die and by what means? Only a fool wishes for such things. You want to see the future? Take the past of a dead man and spread it out before you, and there is your future.

In the course of a lifetime a man may acquire knowledge such as to fulfill his own needs as an intellectual creature; to sustain himself as a being driven by the hunger of ambition or the craving for information, and yet find happiness in his life without ever knowing what will become of him from one minute to the next. To have true precognition would damn him to a purgatorial existence to the end of his predestined days. What joy is there to be found in twice living any event or occasion, be it pleasurable or painful? Once the freshness of life is gone, the time for dying is at hand. Such an experience would be meaningless.

Who can truly see the future? Gypsies and seventh sons? Astrologers and psychic readers? Some can and do. Some of the future knowers are Indian medicine men, shamans. Fortune tellers, and wizards. But what of them, those that really see into the mists of forward time? And what toll does it take on their mortal minds and souls to grasp that of which perhaps mankind was never meant to have an understanding? It all comes out in the balance, that which they gain in seeing the future, they lose in burdening the weight of their conscience. It is a curse as real as the ground they tread, the ground which will likely refuse their incorrupt bodies once their own futures have run out. You will see it in the faces of the wise old men, in the eyes of carnival crones... it will be the chill in the breath of a young man who looks as if he knows too much, something awful. He is the dark boy you avoid without a second glance as though he will give you the Evil Eye.

What does the future hold in store for those who will be patient and wait out the passage of time? A daily dying; a temporary stay of execution which will keep the grim reaper at bay only one day at a time, until the sands of his hourglass run out. Then the voyage from life begins, a return to the unconsciousness that is entropy. A merciful oblivion from which one never awakens, and in which one never dreams. It is nothing more or less than the completion of a neverending cycle of futures both realized and unknown. Only Time Itself is exempt--and although it never dies, Time Itself has no future--and so can hardly be included.

Can not the future hold hope and light and life as well, you ask? No, sadly, for the future is absolute, as is all time, and ultimately there is no hope, no light, no life at all. In the constant decay that is called life, there can be all of these and more, but they are only fleeting memories in the future. Quickly forgotten are the loves and lives of yesteryear, for all good things must come to an end, as must all things eventually.

And what of folding the future back upon itself? Or raising the fabric of the timecloth present to lay against the fabric of its future? What of time travel, destiny and fate? Yes, the weave of our lives may be affected by the threads of another time, so much so that to attempt such willingly would be foolhardy, not to mention disastrous. And yet, it does happen from time to time. Witches, Illuminati, fakirs and spirit handlers propel themselves regularly into the vaults of the past, and into the vast open spaces that will be the future. Some never return, others return never to be the same. The rest who survive the ordeal net a celestial perspective, a comprehension of the overall oneness of the universe which is particular to those who transcend the dimensional barrier.

And yet, do they attain enlightenment? There is no inherent enlightenment in knowing the future, or in seeing the past. Traveling to such "destinations" provides nothing but opportunity for an unwary idiot to become food for one of the many temporal monsters indigenous to time. Awareness of the Timesystem mechanics is a seer's only reward, and it is a dangerous attribute to own. Such knowledge in the heads of humans was never meant to be, and can certainly never be contained without knocking a few crucial screws loose.

Be satisfied that the present will eternally be the present, and the past will always be the past. The future, by definition, is yet to come, and we will therefore never know it, or what it is. We have only yesterday's tomorrow to call the future, but alas, it is already the present, as is all experiential time. We have always been in a constant state of fluid present, the present being forever static as we move along the timeline. To move to the future before the present achieves it would mean simply waiting for the one's past to catch up with him. Then, the present would once again move along as usual, and he with it. By that rationale, once having traveled into the past, one would find himself stranded, because the present would never come back in a forwards direction to pick him up again.

ANCIENT ILLUMINATED SEARS AND ROEBUCK PROPAGANDA PLAGUE CATALOGUE # 23-666, HAIL ERIS ALL RIGHTS REVERSED FNORD

I'm a fan of Abraham-Hicks, and Jane Roberts-Seth. Other than that, I haven't really found any channelers that are more than fluff. Not sure what to make of Cayce, but he wasn't the typical channeler imo. I can't say that Hicks and Jane Roberts aren't frauds, but I'm impressed with the brilliance of what is written and spoken. It's changed my life for the better in many ways and answered a lot of tough questions.

I think I first became familiar (though I've heard of her/him before) with JZ/Ramtha via the first What the Bleep, which I enjoyed. I did a little reading up on her on the net, and wasn't too impressed and haven't really paid her much attention since.

Oh, the Patience Worth Ouija board stuff is interesting.

Yeah, she needs terrible plastic surgery and Botox in order to channel a multidimensional entity.

And apparently Ramtha doesn't want to visit us from the Great Beyond without fabulous collagen-filled lips!

Another thing I have noticed is that Ramtha speaks in an accent that sounds identical to an American who thinks she can drop a few R's and sound British. Hmmmm.
I understand the theater of using an accent when channeling but I don't get why they don't put in some damn effort!

Bashar the amazing... as an entertainer, that's really pathetic, but I guess some individuals might like his delivery.

and if anyone pays for his services, that's their prerogative, too.

:rolleyes:

Back