• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Barack Obama,,

Free episodes:

Politics is energizing stuff to discuss alright....
The SPP however seems to be a non discussion subject when it come to news reportage or even private speculation.....
Im thinking were gonna get our laws changed to harmonize with a country who outside of isreal, has the highest prison population in the world....(per/capita)
Thats saying a lot about the home of the free.
I can see this harmonization process take some of the traditionally tolerant viewpoints of certain things which we have in Canada....Pot,Peace,Med Care,and many others and trash them.
As well as can se the US citizens loose their gun rights in a similar process to the Canadian scheme of just making it all too damn complicated and expensive to own them.
The gov boys`ll have field day snipping off our a right here, and a common law principal there....
Not top mention a unified currency has our money tied up in the value of the US debacle, as well as the peso...that cant be good for the great white north...
we just got our "old" dollar back!
bergle

Have no fear! I'm certain once the US election is over they'll get back to the important business of railroading us into a North American Union none of us wants.

Politics: It sucks no matter where you live!

Ah Duck Tales... I remember another episode where Scrooge and co. found Shangri-La, a perfectly ordered and peaceful society... then they introduced the concept of money and personal wealth and destroyed it. Sad, really...

CapnG said:
Ah Duck Tales... I remember another episode where Scrooge and co. found Shangri-La, a perfectly ordered and peaceful society... then they introduced the concept of money and personal wealth and destroyed it. Sad, really...

I think it's the ultimate goal of an enlightened society to move somewhat beyond personal property and money.
This concept seems almost contrary to Libertarian ideals at first glance but it's not.

The key is to come to a point technologically where a free market system no longer needs competition to drive the machine for satisfying needs and wants. Some believe society will eventually inevitably enter a phase called post-civilization where the economy will hardly matter and big government will become a thing of the past because people will generally be independent.

This revolution will come primarily from cheap nano technology which will allow replication of nearly anything from simple resources.
If people could have energy, food, clothing and shelter as easy and cheap as sand the motivation to continue a civilizational world will be squashed.

I personally don't think this will come soon but we'll see..

Maybe Mccain will help bring about a Revolution of peace and prosperity that redifines civilization in this manner?
:p

Remember, Toyota is going to make all their cars hybrids by 2010, GM is working on electric cars etc. we need more nuke power plants to supply the demand, or we will be addicted to evil oil forever.

The Hawk said:
If people could have energy, food, clothing and shelter as easy and cheap as sand the motivation to continue a civilizational world will be squashed.

ie Star Trek

Back