• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Balloon-makes-emergency-landing

Good to hear nobody got hurt. Seems to me that hot air balloons are quite safe at least compared to other airborne transportation. The trickiest parts are mostly taking off and landing, I guess.

Also amazing: Emma Peel lives in New Zealand now. Or maybe that's just an assumed identity while she is on a case...
Civil Aviation Authority communications manager Emma Peel said the Transport, Accident and Investigation Commission (TAIC) is making initial inquiries into the landing, ONE News reported.

yeah man it was crazy but the media is making it out to be far far worse than it was
Glad everyone is safe. I've been involved with the news stories several times through my life, and the media reporting has exaggerated or distorted the events covered in almost every case. Sometimes it was by narrowly focusing on the most sensational element. Other times it was shoddy research, favoring a press release or political position over actual events.

Glad everyone is safe. I've been involved with the news stories several times through my life, and the media reporting has exaggerated or distorted the events covered in almost every case. Sometimes it was by narrowly focusing on the most sensational element. Other times it was shoddy research, favoring a press release or political position over actual events.

That was why I got out of working for the media myself.. I like to think I still have my soul :)

Back