• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 6, 2017 — James E. Clarkson with J. Randall Murphy

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
James E. Clarkson served as Washington State Director of MUFON until the organization's increasing focus on entertainment convinced him to leave his post.

It's a fascinating story.

In our companion show, After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+, we present former MUFON Director of Research Robert Powell. He explains his reasons of leaving MUFON, and his views about alleged alien implants, abductions and reverse engineering.

After The Paracast is only available to subscribers of The Paracast+.

Please check here for more information:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

In the second show you put to bed the notion of reverse engineering alien technology. You also busted the notion of alien implants.

In the second show you put to bed the notion of reverse engineering alien technology. You also busted the notion of alien implants.
I think there's some very reasonable counterpoint to the points of view expressed, but I didn't make it into that discussion. Maybe on another show if there's time. Those episodes seem to whizz by!

I knew this episode was going to be a total whingefest about everything MUFON before I even pressed play.
Very predictable, and not really one of your finest moments Gene.
Understandable that Chris was conveniently 'unavailable' for this one.
Why shouldn't disillusioned MUFON members have a forum to blow the whistle on the kind of behavior they see as destructive to the field and unfair to them? Clarkson was obviously proud of his contributions and I personally resonate with his sentiments. Here's a guy paying dues and making some really good contributions and for what? To basically get snubbed at every turn by a self-serving bureaucracy? Also, to be fair, I did make an effort to focus on possible solutions and steer the subject onto his book, which sounds like a very promising read.

More importantly, what sort of other stuff would you really like to see the show focus on?

Last edited:
The excellent show. Gene and Randall asked in-depth questions and enjoyed Veteran, Mr James E. Clarkson interview. I've been trying to get a copy of his new book on Kindle which not available yet/sold out?

Maybe you should visit Clarkson's site and send him an inquiry about this.

Contact Me
FINALLY a new -- undiscovered -- intelligent guest with new information/stories/experiences. Gene, you were getting a little silly (senilly?) at times, but we love 'ya so .... And why was a commercial for 'Contact in the Desert' run during this show (the commercial even referenced the month of May, and Jim Marrs as a guest at the event). The episode has rekindled my interest in the show. Looking forward to the interview with ex-Research Director of Mufon. We need much more than the 'Usual Suspects.'

I added a light touch because the subject matter had gotten so heavy. One has to do that from time to time.

We have no control over the choices the network makes in inserting commercials. I wish they would have contacted us directly, however. We could have used the money.

I know why you -- and everyone -- did/does it: just yanking your chain. Focus on the assertion that you had an excellent show with a new guest. At last! Again, looking forward to the next one. 'Twas a little funny to heard George run that commercial and then hear Don E. make the standard 'Snorey' reference. Welcome to America.

I wish the network wouldn't go after our core potential advertisers, but I grant we make a little money for them. I only wish we could fill our limited ad slots.

Back