• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 28, 2016 — Greg Bishop

Oh I'm dismissive of both and especially their more voracious followers. Having a favorite between the two is fine as long as one understands that they are not our saviors, they are not there to be worshiped (which I see on both sides) that nothing will change and neither will roll back the changes that have been made that erodes our (still?) constitutional republic into a simple democracy. For the record I threw my hat for Johnson a long time ago and am constantly being told I am throwing my vote away, at best making a poltical statement. So the two party system got it done. Would voting for Gary change anything as well, I don't know there are monied forces bigger than the three of them in there but I think Gary would do the less damage. :)

Last edited:
Just do me a favor and let's not pretend that Hillary is anything better or that the Left has inspired all good and no bad. Because I just might LMFAO. :D

For the record, I'm fed up with both the Right and Left. BOTH have their trolls equally as bad as the other. I'm for a different way.
You've said this often. Be specific.

Right now, I see the worst attacks, fear-mongering and lies on the part of the right. The left may exaggerate from time to time, but it's not near as intense. Fact checkers, for example, report that Trump lies far more often than Clinton (who is about average or better than average).

Yet another thread that has degenerated into politics. A thread labeled Greg Bishop by the way, who said he never talks politics on the show. Thanks everyone for corrupting the Greg Bishop thread.

Yeah I have to go with this as well. Mind you I haven't gone out to look for activity on both sides but some of the stuff that appears on Reddit feed r/The_Donald is pretty out there and disturbing at times for the record I don't subscribe to it because I am a Trump fan and to be sure there are some things that are posted that I would value if I were fence sitting on choosing between the two but I am fascinated by the fanaticism that is very much a part of that group. It might not be a fair sampling or even fair representation of a Trump supporter but it can be pretty disturbing at times . If anyone sees or knows a similar thread devoted to Hillary I'd like to know about it but for my part when it comes to Hillary supporters I just see people make jokes about Trump's lack of sophistication in his world view.

Well my original point still is out there and it would be something that could be kept to an After the Paracast episode even my interest in this is a little slanted because I'm more interested in what Chris ,Walter and Greg would have to say on issues that affect us culturally and socially. Walter, Greg and Chris (and let's not forget David Perkins) all have a pretty good grasp on the cultural milieu and I find value in that.

Last edited:
Jesus, I merely responded to what was already said by our good man Wade, I did not bring it up. I won't elaborate further as clearly I'm the culprit because I pointed out my distaste for the Left and the Harpy. Gene, the Lefty trolls are out in the open, mostly, in the media and academia. :D

So, how about those Dodgers? (Greg's favorite team) :)

Did you hear the latest FAA changes regarding drones? (Greg flies drones) :)

I'm an ignorant heathen so you'll all have to enlighten me on what an AMA is.

Technomagio, I hear you re the politics. I feel the same way about everything having to be reduced to a fetish for debate and confrontational dialogue. That's as annoying as politics. I simply do not share the debate fetish, much preferring to have a conversation even if the participants disagree on conclusions. Greg is able to do that and doesn't suffer the almost erotic allure that it has for the onanistic rhetoricians one finds everywhere. :D

Let's all chill, Daddy-Os :)

Jesus, I merely responded to what was already said by our good man Wade, I did not bring it up. I won't elaborate further as clearly I'm the culprit because I pointed out my distaste for the Left and the Harpy. Gene, the Lefty trolls are out in the open, mostly, in the media and academia. :D

So, how about those Dodgers? (Greg's favorite team) :)

Did you hear the latest FAA changes regarding drones? (Greg flies drones) :)

I'm an ignorant heathen so you'll all have to enlighten me on what an AMA is.

Technomagio, I hear you re the politics. I feel the same way about everything having to be reduced to a fetish for debate and confrontational dialogue. That's as annoying as politics. I simply do not share the debate fetish, much preferring to have a conversation even if the participants disagree on conclusions. Greg is able to do that and doesn't suffer the almost erotic allure that it has for the onanistic rhetoricians one finds everywhere. :D

Let's all chill, Daddy-Os :)

I just heard your lecture on the Origins of Breakaway civilizations at the Secret Space program conference. Quite excellent! It was an excellent introduction to a very complex subject with a lot of connected parts. If you're ever on the east coast (like in NJ or eastern PA), that would be good...

I just want to say that I really enjoyed Greg's latest book, "It Defies Language!". I've been a long time fan, lurker of both Greg (since UFOMystic days) and The Paracast of course too. The book was a thoroughly enjoyable and thought-provoking read. Big fan here and I hope you all keep up the good work.

As an outsider who lives in what is fast becoming a one party country (England), I enjoy the sparring that's going on.We are riveted (Not!!) In the UK by the Labour party leadership contest between the bland and the seemingly bewildered..Your contest is at least interesting.

As an outsider who lives in what is fast becoming a one party country (England), I enjoy the sparring that's going on.We are riveted (Not!!) In the UK by the Labour party leadership contest between the bland and the seemingly bewildered..Your contest is at least interesting.
It's a pretty sad situation when the primary value of politics boils down to entertainment ... LOL.

I just want to say that I really enjoyed Greg's latest book, "It Defies Language!". I've been a long time fan, lurker of both Greg (since UFOMystic days) and The Paracast of course too. The book was a thoroughly enjoyable and thought-provoking read. Big fan here and I hope you all keep up the good work.

Thank you! And please AMA about it.

Back