• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 21, 2016 — Paul Davids

Do you really think you or I would get away with calling anyone here an idiot? I know I wouldn't. Nor should I. Nor should a moderator. Especially a moderator. Remember the recent mess at MUFON? Remember why Ventre's behavior was unacceptable? Because he held a position of authority in the organization.
I've been called worse than an idiot. Mods did nothing. Neither did you or anybody else.

What exactly is it you're taking issue with? Mike throwing it out there that his wife might have been cheating on him as an explanation?

Or that mike keeps posting when he posts?

Or that he's a mod who isn't remaining neutral?

I'm not taking runs at you man. If we're going to have a dust up, let's be clear what we are dusting up about exactly.

I do recall people being asked to lay off personal attacks. I don't know if that qualifies here, but this thread is too long to read anyway. What does the shroud of Turin have to do with Paul Davids anyway? Was he talking about it, because I don't recall that?

Um, Marduk, have you read this thread? Mike's attitude and behavior in this thread are very disappointing to me, as he is usually a sensible and thoughtful person. George apparently pisses him off something awful, to the point he starts acting like a dick. That's all. He got called out on it, and now he's all self righteous. Poor form. Very poor form for a mod. They should at least be held to the same standards as the general rabble here. I would expect them to behave better than I do.

I got in trouble for calling someone a dipshit here, long ago. I don't recall who it was or whether I still think he is or was a dipshit. I've seen mods do the moderation thing and call out others who call people here names. Chris seems to think it's okay as long as you don't do it directly and he likes it if you are creative about it. I'm cool with that. It's important to know the boundaries if you are in the habit of pushing against them. I don't recall seeing you called nasty names here, but I don't look at most threads because there are a lot of idiots and dipshits in them. They generally keep to several threads that I ignore completely.

I'm not here to fuss with anyone, but if you are going to belittle and harangue old people on the internet, even if you hate them, there will be consequences.

I really would like to see Mike take on Whitley Streiber. I'm not kidding.

Last edited:
Um, Marduk, have you read this thread? Mike's attitude and behavior in this thread are very disappointing to me, as he is usually a sensible and thoughtful person. George apparently pisses him off something awful, to the point he starts acting like a dick. That's all. He got called out on it, and now he's all self righteous. Poor form. Very poor form for a mod. They should at least be held to the same standards as the general rabble her. I would expect them to behave better than I do.

I got in trouble for calling someone a dipshit here, long ago. I don't recall who it was or whether I still think he is or was a dipshit. I've seen mods do the moderation thing and call out others who call people here names. Chris seems to think it's okay as long as you don't do it directly and he likes it if you are creative about it. I'm cool with that. It's important to know the boundaries if you are in the habit of pushing against them. I don't recall seeing you called nasty names here, but I don't look at most threads because there are a lot of idiots and dipshits in them. They generally keep to several threads that I ignore completely.

I'm not here to fuss with anyone, but if you are going to belittle and harangue old people on the internet, even if you hate them, there will be consequences.

No, I haven't read the thread as it's too long, but I have skimmed it. Thanks for the summary. I kept coming back to this thread because it was titled "Paul Davids" and I saw and liked that episode, but I keep getting reminded it has nothing to do with it.

I agree that (generally speaking) personal attacks should be left out of forum conversations.

Um, Marduk, have you read this thread? Mike's attitude and behavior in this thread are very disappointing to me, as he is usually a sensible and thoughtful person. George apparently pisses him off something awful, to the point he starts acting like a dick. That's all. He got called out on it, and now he's all self righteous. Poor form. Very poor form for a mod. They should at least be held to the same standards as the general rabble her. I would expect them to behave better than I do.

If the consequences you are talking about are that you think mike is being a dick about George, I think both you and mike are OK with that.

I still don't get why being a mod doesn't allow you to be pissed off about whatever you're happen to get pissed off about, but that's me. Hell, I remember the Biedney days which is why started listening in the first place. And I love it when Chris goes off about LHM or somebody. Or Gene does about Trump.

But that's me. I agree it should stay civil, and that there were some low blows. I just don't think mike being a mod has anything to do with it. And I'm furious with king George over there, too. The guy drives me around the bend.

Let's give'r.

Who said being a mod should keep one from having an opinion? I have no trouble with Mike's deconstruction of George's claims and silly rationalizations. His "solution" to the dinner scenario, however, was over the line. The fact he is a moderator is certainly not beside the point. If you made such a crude remark in a thread Mike was moderating, I would expect him to call you out on it. Why is this so difficult to sort out?

I miss DB. He could be a bit much, but I usually agreed with his biases and opinions. That made him a lot more fun for me. Others had different feelings.

I have no agenda. I just don't like bullies. Especially self-righteous ones

And i dont like frauds, people who set themselves up as authorities and insult the intelligence of everyone by insisting their nonsense is the truth.
Or worse the direct word of god.

Have you read ALL of his stuff ? I doubt it.

Mankind is slowly clawing its way out of the superstitious dark ages and this guy is trying to drag us back there.

Lets compare another of his claims

Psychokinesis or movement of an object by a psychic agency is the kind of thing that is typically reported as having taken place at spiritualist seances. The nineteenth century produced a great number of people able to demonstrate psychokinesis, one of the greatest of whom was Daniel Home. At the height of his abilities he would submit to any scientific tests and, while he was being held by the investigating committee members, tables would rear up and the floor would shake. Investigators who set out to prove Home a fake only finished up admitting that the phenomena that he was able to produce were completely genuine.

Sounds pretty confident of his facts doesnt he.

Allegations of fraud
It often claimed in parapsychology and spiritualist books that Home was never caught in fraud. However, skeptics have stated that this claim does not hold up to scrutiny as Home was caught utilizing tricks by different witnesses on different occasions.[78] Gordon Stein has noted that "While the statement that Home was never caught in fraud has been made many times, it simply is not true... It is simply that Home was never publicly exposed in fraud. Privately, he was caught in fraud several times. In addition, there are natural explanations both possible and likely for each of his phenomena."[79]

At a séance in the house of the solicitor John Snaith Rymer in Ealing in July 1855, a sitter (Frederick Merrifield) observed that a "spirit-hand" was in fact a false limb attached on the end of Home's arm. Merrifield also claimed to have observed Home use his foot in the séance room.[3]

The poet Robert Browning and his wife Elizabeth attended a séance on 23, July 1855 in Ealing with the Rymers.[75] It is alleged that during the séance a spirit face materialized which Home claimed was the son of Browning who had died in infancy. Browning seized the "materialization" and discovered it to be the bare foot of Home. To make the deception worse, Browning had never lost a son in infancy. Browning's son Robert in a letter to the London Times, December 5, 1902 referred to the incident: "Home was detected in a vulgar fraud."[80][81] The Browning allegation of fraud was supported by the magician Harry Houdini.[80] However, Andrew Lang disputed the allegation, stating there was contradictory information about the séance from Browning and his wife.[82]

Writing in the journal for the Society for Psychical Research, Count Perovsky-Petrovo-Solovovo described a letter by Dr. Barthez, a physician in the court of Empress Eugenie, which claimed a sitter Morio de l'lle caught Home using his foot to fake supposed spirit effects during a séance in Biarritz in 1857.[83][84][85] Home wore thin shoes, easy to take off and draw on, and also cut socks that left the toes free. "At the appropriate moment he takes off one of his shoes and with his foot pulls a dress here, a dress there, rings a bell, knocks one way and another, and, the thing done, quickly puts his shoe on again."[4] Home positioned himself between the empress and Napoleon III. One of the séance sitters known as General Fleury also suspected that Home was utilizing trickery and asked to leave but returned unobserved to watch from another door behind Home. He saw Home slip his foot from his shoe and touch the arm of the Empress, who believed it to be one of her dead children. The observer stepped forward and revealed the fraud, and Home was conducted out of the country: "The order was to keep the incident secret."[4][84] The allegations described by Dr. Barthez and General Fleury are second hand and have caused dispute between psychical researchers and skeptics.[84][85][86]

The journalist Delia Logan who attended a séance with Home in London claimed that Home had used a phosphorus trick. During the séance luminous hands were observed and the host told Logan that had seen Home place a small bottle upon the mantle piece. The host slipped the bottle into his pocket and when examined the next day, it was found to contain phosphorus oil.[87][88]

The neoclassical sculptor Hiram Powers who was a convinced spiritualist attended a séance with Home, but wrote a letter to Elizabeth Browning claiming Home had faked the table-turning movements.

As has been noted by many people here, the participants in this forum are a brilliant lot, not idiots.
But for people like George such sites represent an easy mark, a perfect target for their BS

I haven't moderated him, Ive deconstructed his nonsense sometimes none to gently, but Ive always been that way inclined.
There was no gentle way to deconstruct his claims about Amandas ability to know when he was coming home without notice, that's the more logical explanation than the amazing Madam Amanda Valiant and her magic psychic powerzzzzz......

Jesus Christ – The Truth
Ten facts taken from My Conversations With Jesus Christ by Alan Valiant:

I was not born of a virgin.

I was conceived in the normal way and born in the normal manner.

I did not die on the cross.

I did not die in atonement for the sins of others.

I did not found a religion.

I was not a saviour. There can be no such being except that he influence others by example.

I was not the Son of God.

I was a highly-gifted psychic.

I was a teacher of the facts about existence.

I tried to set an example to others.

Christianity was not founded by me. It is not endorsed by me. Christianity was created by men for their own ends under the guise of tending for the spiritual needs of their adherents.

The belief of many Christians that I suffered and died so as to take responsibility for their sins, even those they have not yet committed, is utterly false.

But......

The Turin Shroud is in fact genuine. The image was produced on the shroud by a means of spiritual radiation which altered it at the atomic level. This is the reason the carbon dating makes it appear from a much later date.

There is only one heaven.

There is only one punishment planet in
the universe and that is earth. Earth is
the only hell.

(Taken from Why Believe? When You Can Know! by Alan Valiant)

George aka Alan Valiant has the real facts for you all folks. The real truth not the nonsense you were taught.

Now available on Amazon Kindle, Heaven Revealed – Collected Works Of The Supreme Spiritual Master Alan Valiant contains the truth regarding your spiritual existence. Volume 1 contains the following:

Why Believe? When You Can Know!

Your life will never be the same after learning the revealing information because you will have the knowledge that man has sought for centuries. Because the facts of our existence are so different from the universally held beliefs, it is vital that we discover the truth before we return whence we came, that is to heaven or the spiritual world, as some may prefer to call it. To return burdened by false beliefs only sets us back spiritually as it takes a long time to replace one’s beliefs by a knowledge of the facts.

The only thing of real importance is knowledge. Of what use is belief if it turns out to be wrong? Once you know the facts, your whole life changes for the better and the uncertainty of whether you are following the right path disappears. You will know why you are the way you are and you will know the way to go ahead in order to fulfill your destiny.

My Conversations With Jesus Christ

The author has been communicated with by Jesus Christ every day on a two-way basis since 1976. The author had puzzled over the mystical aspects of Christ’s existence for most of his life and, after he discovered the principles behind communication with the spiritual world, he was spoken to by Jesus Christ, himself who intimated his wish that the world be appraised of the truth about him. Alan Valiant was asked if he would help and this book is the result.

It must be true right ?.
He is after all the supreme spiritual master of the universe, and gods agent here on prison planet earth

A Message From Our Illustrious Creator
This message was taken by Alan Valiant in 2012:

I am your Creator writing through my chosen agent on earth, the Supreme Spiritual Master, Alan Valiant.
I, Your Creator, am ready to act as I see fit to safeguard all my creations. Many people will be forcibly returned to My Spiritual World

Act Now to avoid even more disasters. I am not the vengeful god described in the Christian bible who incidentally never existed. I shall take action, not out of vengeance but out of the deepest concern for my beautiful creations. I love all my creatures and my planets so begin to live and love as I have ordained that you should.

I am the All-in-One and the One-in-All

Buy the book now folks, the end is nigh.

end-nigh.jpg

I do love the plot twist though George, Not the vengeful god of the bible who never existed, Im a different vengeful god threatening disaster and death on a biblical scale.

Now you all must really excuse me, i have 6 pints of bitter to get through and a towel to find.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it baffling (and fucking hilarious) that you see George as such an existential threat. I suspect there is some interesting psychology behind that. I'm serious about Streiber. All your high blown rhetoric applies to him, and he's far more dangerous than George. You've probably given George more attention than he's had in decades. Streiber now, there's a target worthy of your powers. Come on man, destiny is calling.

I find it baffling (and fucking hilarious) that you see George as such an existential threat. I suspect there is some interesting psychology behind that. I'm serious about Streiber. All your high blown rhetoric applies to him, and he's far more dangerous than George. You've probably given George more attention than he's had in decades. Streiber now, there's a target worthy of your powers. Come on man, destiny is calling.

Of course, it's actually good for the old codger neuro plasticity and all that, And funnier than a game of sudoku.

I'm sorry but Jesus spoke to me in the hottub last night and said thou must leave Whitley alone. Cant argue with that can we ?

I'm sorry but Jesus spoke to me in the hottub last night and said thou must leave Whitley alone. Cant argue with that can we ?
Jesus spoke to me in my hot tub last night, too.

But I think that had more to do with my wife in a bikini.

Do you really think you or I would get away with calling anyone here an idiot? I know I wouldn't. Nor should I. Nor should a moderator. Especially a moderator. Remember the recent mess at MUFON? Remember why Ventre's behavior was unacceptable? Because he held a position of authority in the organization.
Um, Marduk, have you read this thread? Mike's attitude and behavior in this thread are very disappointing to me, as he is usually a sensible and thoughtful person. George apparently pisses him off something awful, to the point he starts acting like a dick. That's all. He got called out on it, and now he's all self righteous. Poor form. Very poor form for a mod. They should at least be held to the same standards as the general rabble here. I would expect them to behave better than I do.

For some perspective: I was pm'd by Mike and told to back-off from this thread. If I didn't it would get 'nasty'. That's a threat - not even veiled. He was giving me heads-up that he would go after me.

When I made a vague allusion to that word 'nasty' in a post here after he told me (effectively) not to post - but did not respond to his pm - he pm'd me again and in no uncertain terms I was threatened.

Mike knows my RL identity because once - very briefly - we were FB friends. He refused to tone down his (seriously) hateful rhetoric against Muslims on my FB posts (I have several Muslim friends on FB). He ranted at me about free speech and either he or I initiated an unfriend. So he took my RL name in this instance - googled it - and proceeded to quote from a newspaper article in which I was quoted in my professional capacity (totally innocuous quote and article). However he then made mention of what could be found via google and supplied a winky emoticon for effect. I am being threatened and personally harassed for not following Mike's injunction to 'back off' from this thread. That should be clear.

Was any male poster gone after in this way who had the same views as I did about Mike's posts to the old man? (Yes I think there is a bias at work here - he has views that makes me an easy target in his mind). Has anyone been told to 'back-off' or Mike would get 'nasty'?

Last edited:
P.S. I have engaged the administration in this little scenario Mike has created. Currently it's being 'investigated'. If anyone wishes to chime in please feel free to contact Gene, Chris, or Goggs - about what has gone on here on this thread.

I have asked the Paracast administration to assure me that I have no reason to be concerned regarding any threats made to me via pm (or otherwise) by one of their number. I am waiting for their answer.

To be clear - I merely chided Mike regarding an off-color suggestion regarding an old man's wife. Two other posters agreed that Mike had crossed a line. Mike's response was emotional in the extreme on the thread - and then to take to a pm to warn me off the thread and suggest I would be subject to something 'nasty' goes beyond the pale. JMO.

Back