• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Attention Twitter Experts!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I've begun to post semi-regular "tweets" on Twitter, and I wondered if any of you have any insights to offer on how to get more "followers."

Anyone?

I've begun to post semi-regular "tweets" on Twitter, and I wondered if any of you have any insights to offer on how to get more "followers."

Anyone?

Gene, add your account to some categories here: WeFollow: A User Powered Twitter Directory

Also just start following people that you can find and are relevant, like Mac Tonnies, Whitley Strieber etc. Then they will follow you back and it will eventually spread and people will follow.

Ill follow you. Whats the username? twitter.com/paracast ? Dont worry about following me back though. Its just videogame related nonsense and nonsense related nonsense mostly :D

---in Gene we trust---

Gene,

Just to elaborate, once you find people that are relevant to the show, look through their list of people they follow and of people who follow them, and add all the relevant people.

It will build up eventually, then you can just send out tweets like: "This week on the Paracast - Robert Hastings & 2 new military witnesses!"

---in Gene we trust---

I haven't tweeted on twitter for fear of turning to a twatter. I kid, I really have nothing of substance to add to this thread.

I'm now following you Gene:)! My Twitter name is "IamBronwen".Basically as Gareth said- you find people that you want to follow, and they will usually follow you back!

Looking forward to your tweets! I have been following Mac Tonnies for a while- follow some of his followers- they'd be a good crowd!

Happy Tweeting!

Just supposing someone has heard of Twitter, but has no idea how it works, or what media is used to tweet? How would you explain the process?

Just supposing, mind you :eek:

Just supposing someone has heard of Twitter, but has no idea how it works, or what media is used to tweet? How would you explain the process?

Just supposing, mind you :eek:

Supposing (just supposing...:))someone had no idea how to use Twitter, I would send them this you tube video that explains it very simply, because although it is fairly simple to use, it is a little tough to explain:

Probably the best way to go about it is to sign up and try it out- Twitter: What are you doing?

I have also had large jumps in followers when I participate in #followfriday. On Fridays, just list some of your favorite Tweeps, and they usually recommend you to their followers in return. It's like a big pyramid scheme but it works.

I am off to find you on Twitter!

I'm on Twitter under my own name. Maybe a few people will begin to follow the stuff that I do. :)

Hi Gene, here is a good tool for you to manage Twitter on Mac OS - http://www.nambu.com/. I've tried several and so far this one is the best for me. I think David will appreciate it too if he twit of course:)

PS. Make sure you set updating interval - 5 mins or more. Twitter has a 100 requests per hour limit for apps, so potentially you may end up in a situation when you won't be able to connect to twitter.com via this app.

Two things I would do too is:

1). Show twitter's rss feed on homepage.
2). Setup a script to automatically twit latest episode whenever it becomes available.

Let me know if you need help with writing a script.

Back