• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Attention Charter/Spectrum Cable Customers!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
It appears that our forum and newsletter mailings to charter.net, rr.com, and similar addresses are being blocked or delayed by the ISP.

If you are not getting these mailings, you may want to contact Charter's tech support line at (833) 267-6094 and ask them to let our messages through.

I do not recommend using cable company's email system. Some ISPs, such as Cox, are fading out their systems. You are better off with an iCloud, Outlook or Gmail address, since you won't have to change it if you ever change ISPs. They also tend to be more reliable, and yes, I know about Google. But if you set up an email client to use Gmail, you won't run into the ads and text crawling issues that affect their webmail.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Here's an update, such as it is:

Reaching someone on the phone to resolve this email delivery issue. I've talked with eight support people at Spectrum so far. Most insist I give them my account number before they can help, and don't care when they find out that I am not a customer, just a business person trying to send email to users of their email system.

One person promised he'd have another department look into it and get back with me in a "few days."

if you still want to use your Charter/Spectrum/Time Warner Cable addresses, I suggest you call them and explain that you do not want them to block our email.

The support number is:

855-707-7328

Our server hostname is: server.paracast.info.

I know about Google. But if you set up an email client to use Gmail, you won't run into the ads and text crawling issues that affect their webmail.
I don't have any ads on my gmail, but I suppose they probably do use text crawlers, and that the data is being used for surveillance capitalism.

In general, using an ISP's email is not a good idea. Some, such as Cox, are even phasing them out.

Between Gmail, Outlook and iCloud, I'd go for the last, although Google lets you do a lot more things in exchange for the privacy issues.

Or buy a private-label email package of some sort. If you have a business, you can get some pretty good deals at PolarisMail | Your E-mail Hosting Provider | We Know E-mail!

So imagine getting 25GB business-class email for $1 per user per month; or $2 per user per month if you ad calendaring and Active Sync support. You can use your personal domain with these.

IONOS by 1&1 » Your Host Matters. A lot. offers 50GB email packages and a free domain, starting at $5 per month per user (with discounts for multiple user packs).

I have great experience with both.

Back