• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Atlantis: truth or myth?

Funny, I had engaged in a conversation regarding Atlantis before I left the forums in 2010. I think the Egyptians gave Plato the story of the Minoans, who had traded extensively in the area including transactions with Egypt 1300 years prior. Plato probably embellished the original story. Now before you poo-poo the Minoans. They were well known engineers and architects. They even had indoor plumbing.
And fantastic artistry which speak of a society of joy in its disposition and a reverence for the logical order of the Nature. A people who evolved an elevated degree of self-respect (unconditionally loving) and a penchant for adopting to their physical environment.

During the Atlantean times, there were failed experiments yet sometimes the mythologies actually represent interactions with real physical beings from other dimensions, either extraterrestrial or extra dimensional or so forth. Some of the mythologies are representative of certain attributes or beings that were even created in your society. In Atlantean times, for example, there was genetic manipulation, genetic engineering. The myth of the mermaid comes from actual creations that were made at that time including and the Centaur and Minotaur. Those parahumans were actually physiologically created in genetic laboratories a long time ago, not with very pleasant results.

And fantastic artistry which speak of a society of joy in its disposition and a reverence for the logical order of the Nature. A people who evolved an elevated degree of self-respect (unconditionally loving) and a penchant for adopting to their physical environment.

During the Atlantean times, there were failed experiments yet sometimes the mythologies actually represent interactions with real physical beings from other dimensions, either extraterrestrial or extra dimensional or so forth. Some of the mythologies are representative of certain attributes or beings that were even created in your society. In Atlantean times, for example, there was genetic manipulation, genetic engineering. The myth of the mermaid comes from actual creations that were made at that time including and the Centaur and Minotaur. Those parahumans were actually physiologically created in genetic laboratories a long time ago, not with very pleasant results.

Nope. Look, if this enriches your world and makes you a better person for it, I'm not really inclined to argue with you. What I do believe is that the capacity for introspection is fairly recent development in human history (only with in the last 4,000 years or so). Mankind is very, very old, but thought as we know it has only be around for about 6,000 years (bicameralism via Julian Jaynes). The kind of society you talk of would be far more sophisticated than even ours today and I don't see it. You'd need fairly large, sophisticated, and educated population centers for that kind of technology to occur and it's never been found.

Funny, I had engaged in a conversation regarding Atlantis before I left the forums in 2010. I think the Egyptians gave Plato the story of the Minoans, who had traded extensively in the area including transactions with Egypt 1300 years prior. Plato probably embellished the original story. Now before you poo-poo the Minoans. They were well known engineers and architects. They even had indoor plumbing.
I think they both misinterpreted the true account of R'lyeh.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

I think they both misinterpreted the true account of R'lyeh.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

You've amused me to no end. I'll make sure you will live (and live well) when the Nameless Ones take over the Earth. LOL

Nope. Look, if this enriches your world and makes you a better person for it, I'm not really inclined to argue with you.
I don't argue with anyone, I present the information as it is supplied, take it or leave it, see my signature.

I regard them as facts and so in my POV they shall remain.
So why all the consternation and attempts to invalidate my POV? I don't yours.

Because the long standing mantra of this place has been Separating the wheat from the chaff.

Micheal Horn didnt get a free pass pushing Billy Meier's "Facts"
Steven Greer doesnt get a free pass with his "Facts".
So why should you ?
Plenty of children hold the POV Santa is real and flys a magic sled, that doesnt make it a fact that he is and does.

Anyone attempting to present data as a "Fact" should be able to provide evidence of that fact, opinion isn't evidence.

Dear Mike I can clearly see your "energies" and "Vibrations" are out of kilter, for the small fee of your soul and five hanzillion dollars I will ask if my psychological contact can "fix" you.

If waller wants to Wallow (with my accent the two are pronounced the same) it is cool.
all we need is @catjockey or RB to "rock" up and we will have a perfect storm :)

Mutton dressed as Lamb is mutton dressed as lamb after all.

BTW Atlantis is epic!

No seriously if any one wants to go to Atlantis, just read the text.

hat.jpg

OLD HAT ;)

Because the long standing mantra of this place has been Separating the wheat from the chaff.

Oh, please this is just a small-minded way of saying "Get rid of those who posts things I don't like and makes me feel uncomfortable.

What do you consider evidence? I bet it isn't the same as mine. So be it. You have selected your path, enjoy it.

Oh, please this is just a small-minded way of saying "Get rid of those who posts things I don't like and makes me feel uncomfortable.

What do you consider evidence? I bet it isn't the same as mine. So be it. You have selected your path, enjoy it.
I assert that the tiny invisible unicorns living in my anus have proved to me that Plato made up Atlantis.

Prove me wrong.

Waller, you would do well to learn the difference between truth and fact. They are not the same thing. Not by a long, long way. Wikipedia might be a good place to start. Facts are accepted, verifiable statements supported by other verifiable facts. Personal truths are not facts. George Washington was President of the United States. That's a fact. Our current President is proof that God has a wicked sense of humor. That's not a fact. It may be true, and I think it is to the extent that God exists, but it's just an opinion.

I actually agree with a lot of your opinions. I believe many of the things you appear to believe, but I have enough sense not to go spouting them as facts. They simply are not facts. Stating them as facts is a reliable way of looking like an ass. Learn the difference, and you will have far fewer unpleasant confrontations on the interwebz. But maybe you like such wastes of energy, I dunno.

I want to introduce myself talking about ...
Plato refers to Atlantis in his dialogues. He says he got this information from the initiates of ancient Egypt. Plato was a serious writer, so this information must be true. It recalls the migration of the Arias that passed through ancient Egypt and went to Atlantis. In antiquity there were several catastrophes that originated legends like the flood. But, tectonic plates, erupting volcanoes (Vesuvius in Pompeii), tsunamis, etc. It happened. It was Atlantis, myth or truth? It was true. This island continent (like Australia) existed and was located in the Atlantic Ocean, as Plato said, after the Pillars of Hercules, that is, after the Strait of Gibraltar. Source: Thinking about

We don't know. We don't have any reliable way to know, at least not now. I don't care. It may have been a place in materialist-rationalist terms, or the legends may have some basis in fact, but it really doesn't matter to me. Certainly it exists as an allegorical construct, and a very useful one at that. I think Atlantis has been far more useful for the advancement of humans in a positive way than, say, any number of asshole politicians who, unfortunately, are undeniably real.

Atlantis written in Plato's historical works most likely referring to the earlier formation of religious text of some meteor strike on the Earth. Other words Atlantis was earlier name for Earth or maybe Mars? Panspermia to other planets thus creation of "Life as we know it Jim". :D

Atlantis written in Plato's historical works most likely referring to the earlier formation of religious text of some meteor strike on the Earth. Other words Atlantis was earlier name for Earth or maybe Mars? Panspermia to other planets thus creation of "Life as we know it Jim". :D
It likely served the same purpose as Thomas More's ideal of Utopia.

It's an allegory. Ironically, a platonic ideal of a perfect state.

Waller, you would do well to learn the difference between truth and fact.

Listen to you, lol

They are not the same thing. Not by a long, long way. Wikipedia might be a good place to start.

Oh Lord, Wikipedia? Really?

Facts are accepted, verifiable statements supported by other verifiable facts. Personal truths are not facts. George Washington was President of the United States. That's a fact. Our current President is proof that God has a wicked sense of humor. That's not a fact. It may be true, and I think it is to the extent that God exists, but it's just an opinion.
Yet you state my dilemma as a fact, do you not see how this is not a fact? Oh the hypocrisy.

I actually agree with a lot of your opinions. I believe many of the things you appear to believe, but I have enough sense not to go spouting them as facts. They simply are not facts. Stating them as facts is a reliable way of looking like an ass. Learn the difference, and you will have far fewer unpleasant confrontations on the interwebz. But maybe you like such wastes of energy, I dunno.

Right, you dunno.

Facts to me delivered, to many, many others, to all of us who have the open heart and mind to resolve them.

If you were half as "enlightened" as you like to pretend you are, no one would need to explain this elementary stuff to you. Really, most people pick up on it well before adulthood. Oh well, back on the ignore list with ya. Good luck. You will surely need it.

Facts to me delivered, to many, many others

Here is what a fact is.

A fact is something that is postulated to have occurred or to be correct. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability—that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. ... Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement

Fact - Wikipedia

Unless your facts can be tested and verified they are not facts, they are simply personal beliefs.

At least Blossom Goodchild had a crack at establishing her channeled information as facts, sadly the light ships did not show up at the time she stated they would. Her "Facts" were tested and found to be false.

You don't seem to understand the difference between Fact and fairy tale. I could claim the tooth fairy was a Fact. But she isn't is she. ?

Facts can be tested, if your claims cant be tested then they are just that. Claims, not facts.

A personal belief Santa is real doesn't make his existence a fact. That same logical consistency apply's to your personal beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered what it was that was bothering me about the Avatar:

I had a vision of three old hags passing it around.

Which is in itself an allegory for how we chose only to see from one aspect at a time.

Seriously it is all there in the texts.
Read them.

if you want to wallow (with my accent pronounced Waller) in the darkness then fine.

If you seek the true Gnosis then don't listen to bashir (again this is unfortunate in my accent because bashir would be pronounced BASHER (I hope not of a certain type of Clergy) LISTEN to yourself.

Please can you ask bashir to rephrase this cos I can't make head nor tail of it?

"You cannot be what you are not the vibration of...first"

I want definitions of all the words please, because at the moment it is gibberish.
If you wan't to argue read it aloud.
three times should do it.

yes back to YOU being right ;)

sorry bout that ;)

bit predictable............

Remember you are wiser than these peddlers. it is all in there.
Good luck.

Here is what a fact is.

A fact is something that is postulated to have occurred or to be correct. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability—that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. ... Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement

Fact - Wikipedia

Unless your facts can be tested and verified they are not facts, they are simply personal beliefs.

At least Blossom Goodchild had a crack at establishing her channeled information as facts, sadly the light ships did not show up at the time she stated they would. Her "Facts" were tested and found to be false.

You don't seem to understand the difference between Fact and fairy tale. I could claim the tooth fairy was a Fact. But she isn't is she. ?

Facts can be tested, if your claims cant be tested then they are just that. Claims, not facts.

A personal belief Santa is real doesn't make his existence a fact. That same logical consistency apply's to your personal beliefs.
Interesting POV.

Has nothing to do with me, enjoy your path.

Back