• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

at the risk of sounding like a nutter...

sher

Skilled Investigator
Totally unsure of where this topic really belongs, but want to throw open to discussion to see if anyone can make sense of it any more than I can?.

It's almost like premonition, but not with an important message-I'll get to the point! :D

The scenario is this: You meet someone who you have an instant 'click' with, no words are needed, it's like you have been waiting to meet them even though you know nothing about them, and upon meeting it feels like you've finally 'landed'.

For me, I have experienced this only once in my life- I don't spend time with this person, but have done on and off.

This person was unattainable in the romantic sense and I knew that but I ALWAYS knew when they were going to be in touch-it's the strangest feeling, an emotion almost and an expectancy. I can't say it was hope because I don't think hoping would make that person get in touch, or could it?!

Why/how did I feel that they were going to be in touch?, what is it that creates that feeling that is now an unmistakable feeling now that I understand and recognise what it is?

I'm struggling here to find words that can build the picture for you-does anyone know what I mean?, has anybody else had this? :confused:

Hi Sher,
You absolutely do not sound like a nutter. LOL
What you described is a lot like what people describe when they meet their "soulmate" or "kinder spirit".
I have felt exactly like that on a few very rare occasions. Not to sound sappy, but one of the occasions was my wife.
On other times I had interaction with someone or even only spoke one or two words with a person and fel;t a profound almost subconscious connection and felt, for lack of a better description, heartbroken after leaving and feeling uncertain that I would ever meet this person again. And let me be clear, I am not talking about a crush or a romantic reaction at all (appart from my wife).
Maybe it is a case or harmonic convergence between two people's individual vibes or maybe it's the extreme charisma of the other person.
All I know is that I experienced an actual visceral reation to the encounters.
That's been my experienc anyhow.

Hi Sher,
You absolutely do not sound like a nutter. LOL
What you described is a lot like what people describe when they meet their "soulmate" or "kinder spirit".
I have felt exactly like that on a few very rare occasions. Not to sound sappy, but one of the occasions was my wife.
On other times I had interaction with someone or even only spoke one or two words with a person and fel;t a profound almost subconscious connection and felt, for lack of a better description, heartbroken after leaving and feeling uncertain that I would ever meet this person again. And let me be clear, I am not talking about a crush or a romantic reaction at all (appart from my wife).
Maybe it is a case or harmonic convergence between two people's individual vibes or maybe it's the extreme charisma of the other person.
All I know is that I experienced an actual visceral reation to the encounters.
That's been my experienc anyhow.

Thanks for that reply :) you have raised some interesting points there-one or two that I have toyed with myself about the individual concerned, but dare not consider it any more that they may be my soul mate, but for a time I did.

It's fascinating to me every single time I feel that way, because it never fails, and the very reason I wrote of this is because I felt that way this morning. It's like a stillness falls over me and I feel like I do when I am with that person. How lovely that you felt that way when you met your wife!:D and no you don't sound sappy at all, I think that's very special.:)

Thanks again:shy:

I think you both sound painfully sappy. Are you guys promoting the online dating nonsense I've seen advertised here??
We run banners for a number of products? Nothing forces you to buy any of them. On the other hand, when you do buy a product or service that appeals to you, you are telling that advertiser that doing business with us is a good idea. That helps us earn more ad income, which is crucial.

"I think you both sound painfully sappy. Are you guys promoting the online dating nonsense I've seen advertised here??"

How terrible enlightened of you.
NO - we do not represent anyone but ourselves and our personal experiences.
So just because the origianl post was not about UFOs or Conspiracies, then it makes us shills?

Um, OK, going off on a weird tangent there, Gene and TP, not that it doesn't have anything to do with Sher's OP...

But yes, sher, these things do indeed happen, and I'll be more than happy to sound totally sappy and say that this is exactly what happened when I first spoke to my lovely honey Dr. Sue, we essentially fell in love during our very first phone conversation, and the very first time we spent ANY time together, it was for a week, and this was after not having ever actually met each other in person. It's a long, convoluted story, but over 6 years later, and our love intensifies each and every day. It's definitely a continuation of a dynamic which we both feel existed long before we ever met in this plane, call me sappy, silly or otherwise. :D

dB

Oh, and TP? If you don't actually have something constructive to add to a harmless, lovely thread, then kindly keep your opinion to yourself, OK?

dB

Um, OK, going off on a weird tangent there, Gene and TP, not that it doesn't have anything to do with Sher's OP...

But yes, sher, these things do indeed happen, and I'll be more than happy to sound totally sappy and say that this is exactly what happened when I first spoke to my lovely honey Dr. Sue, we essentially fell in love during our very first phone conversation, and the very first time we spent ANY time together, it was for a week, and this was not having ever actually met each other in person. It's a long, convoluted story, but over 6 years later, and our love intensifies each and every day. It's definitely a continuation of a dynamic which we both feel existed long before we ever met in this plane, call me sappy, silly or otherwise. :D

dB

Call you sappy? You act like you're giving me a choice. There is no thread on earth that can weave the goo I'm reading here. :eek:

Sher,

There's nothing in this entire universe more powerful than Love. Whatever anyone says you know this to be true, and that's not just my opinion that's a truth, a law of life if you will.

Some may call it "goo" but that very same goo put them on this confused little Rock in the first place.

Lots of Love and Goo,

Mark

I am usually against sappy crap, but I have had this experience too. It happened with my husband. We met online kind of by accident and we ended up talking on skype and just knew durring that first conversation. He was living in England I flew over there by myself. Once we really met in person, we really knew. After a painfully long and expensive immigration process, we are still together and still have the most amazing connection.

I also have a weird connection like this (except non-mushy) with a couple other friends. One I only speak to about twice a year. One of my friends lives close but I never talk to her often. It's weird, I'll be calling her while she starts an email to me or something. She thinks its freaky but cool.

The other person lives hundreds of miles away. We didn't know eachother very long before her and her family had to move away. We just hit it off the first time we met and she still says I am the only friend she has that is a female. She says she just normally doesn't get along with women. Anyway we only talk once or twice a year now, but we always feel the need to communicate with the other at the same time. Last year it was so weird, I was completely stressed because of school and work and started having some crazy stuff happen around my house (a completely different story in itself) and I just had to speak to her. I finished a super long email on myspace and sent it to her and as soon as I sent it, I saw I had a new email from her. We were actually composing emails to eachother at the same time! We seriously hadn't spoken in like 8 or so months. The thing is, she was having some crazy feelings and experiences too that were very similar.

This summer about a week before my art classes in Italy were over. I randomly started thinking about her, but didn't email or call her. Part of it was because of hardly any interent where I was and I actually went without any cell phone. By the way, next time, I need an iphone for sure, my itouch was one of the only things that picked up the barely there hotel wifi and I work for a different cell phone provider than ATT, so I get my service for free, but the carrier doesn't have international service and I was uber jealous of my friends who had iphones. Anyway back to my story... I just felt I really needed to get in touch with my friend, but even after I got back to the states, I didn't contact her right away cause I was beyond uber busy. She was just on my mind really strong for a few weeks. Finally one day I called her. She had been in the hospital for a few weeks. She had to have a knee surgery and as soon as she got home she got really sick and had to go back the same freakin day and have an emergency surgery on something else totally unrelated. The day I called her was the day after she got home finally. How weird is that?!?!

So no, I don't think it is crazy at all to have these connections. They are not the most common thing, but still I think that loads of people have these connections and probably dont even admit to it.

Sher,

There's nothing in this entire universe more powerful than Love. Whatever anyone says you know this to be true, and that's not just my opinion that's a truth, a law of life if you will.

Some may call it "goo" but that very same goo put them on this confused little Rock in the first place.

Lots of Love and Goo,

Mark

Thank you Mark:) I do know that and I'm very pleased that TP's ass was booted for being an ass!-totally dismissing what I was trying to convey and making light of it when actually, I haven't been able to escape these strange emotions for a good few years!

It's lovely though, to hear what others think, and that I'm not being overly emotional for a change!! lol:D

There seems to be a running theme here of this very emotion leading to people finding the loves of their lives, how lovely and amazing!:)

x x x

Totally unsure of where this topic really belongs, but want to throw open to discussion to see if anyone can make sense of it any more than I can?.

It's almost like premonition, but not with an important message-I'll get to the point! :D

The scenario is this: You meet someone who you have an instant 'click' with, no words are needed, it's like you have been waiting to meet them even though you know nothing about them, and upon meeting it feels like you've finally 'landed'.

For me, I have experienced this only once in my life- I don't spend time with this person, but have done on and off.

This person was unattainable in the romantic sense and I knew that but I ALWAYS knew when they were going to be in touch-it's the strangest feeling, an emotion almost and an expectancy. I can't say it was hope because I don't think hoping would make that person get in touch, or could it?!

Why/how did I feel that they were going to be in touch?, what is it that creates that feeling that is now an unmistakable feeling now that I understand and recognise what it is?

I'm struggling here to find words that can build the picture for you-does anyone know what I mean?, has anybody else had this? :confused:

The sense of already knowing this person is perhaps better summed up in this song: Amanda Marshall - If I Didn't Have You Lyrics

..not knowing you're looking for them until you meet them. It truly is the most magical feeling I have ever had. I'll never forget it.

I think you have to watch out for that feeling because sometimes it lies.

I was with a woman for two years that I felt that way about, the first time we meet it hit me and that was it, but I think we clicked to well together, it was like being with a female version of myself which was great before we had to make any big live changing decisions.

I think your partner has to be the Ying to your Yang (don’t laugh) .

The woman im with now is my ONE. I’ve known her for about 11 years and I could not stand her for the first 4 but we got to know each other and in the end we did click.

ya, I've had that feeling, too. nothing came of it. big punch in the gut everytime I saw him, always knew when he would call or come by cause a feeling would come over me, but he wasn't the one. but a connection was there.
I put it on the reincarnation side, when there is that type of connection I think it has a something to do with knowing them before, and recognizing them again.

or you could just literally be on the same wavelength. Whatever the reason, over-analyzing these things can sometimes diminish their strength - my opinion.

enjoy it. hang onto it, savour it. accept it. DON'T apologize for it.

I have spoken. :D

Back