• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Stanton T. Friedman

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
It's time for an update on "traditional" UFO research, so we're calling on Stanton T. Friedman to provide it.

If there was ever a person who could be declared the “dean” of UFO researchers, it might very well be Stanton T. Friedman, a long-time UFO investigator and a nuclear physicist. Friedman is one of the key researchers into the Roswell crash and other events over the years, and has posited a strong case that the phenomenon is the result of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. His recent books include “Flying Saucers and Science” (2008) and “Science Was Wrong,” (2010) co-authored with Kathleen Marden. He also wrote the foreword to "How to Talk to An Alien," a new book from Nancy du Tertre that we'll be featuring in a future episode.

And, yes, we do plan to ask him about alien abductions.

The episode will be recorded on October 22 at 10 AM Pacific.

Brilliant I am very glad that Mr Friedman is feeling up to doing the show!

Dear Gene and Chris, please could you ask Mr Friedman to talk about Helium 4 (in layman's terms) because I am very interested in it, especially because my understanding is that it is lighter than Helium 3. I have done some reading about it and my main question is: Is it potentially a viable "fuel" for a high altitude balloon? or even a lighter than air craft/vehicle?

Please disregard this question if I have got my wires crossed about Helium 4 (My chemistry knowledge is not very strong) but please do send my best wishes.

Thank you.

1. What's been the most recent case you've investigated that points to alien visitation as the cause?
  2. What are your thoughts on David Jacob's views that aliens are creating hybrids to walk among us as part of some program, that is now possibly nearing its end?
  3. What kind of progress has been made in the UFO research field since 1947?

1. Since Stan is a nuclear physicist I was wondering what he thought of Dr. John Brandenburg's "Mars was nuked" hypothesis? Specifically I wonder what he thinks of the idea that the elevated levels of Xenon in the Mars atmosphere can only be explained by a nuclear bomb.

2. Does Stan give any credence to the various alien moon base theories?

3. What area of UFO research is most likely to yield physical evidence?

1. I would be curious to know if he still believes TWO flying saucers crashed into each other in "Corona," if so, how does he balance that in the face of other researchers like Randell who hold to the fact that there was only one crashed saucer. Can he name another Roswell researcher who believes 2 saucers crashed into each other? Finally, how could there be two competing theories, so foundational to the story, if these witnesses are so rock solid? Either it was one crash or two crashes, if there is confusion on that main point, then the whole story seems to be shaky and the witnesses unreliable.

2. What does Stanton think about the most recent revelation from physicist, Dr. Robert Krangle, that he interacted and knew of Bob Lazar working at Los Alamos. Kringle said: "“He was a physicist. Which, I am a physicist. We kind of recognize each other, you know it’s the classic pocket condom with all of the proper different colored pens, so he fit that mold. If nobody would have told me, one look, he is a physicist. You know, he is properly dressed in geekdom,” Krangle told Corbell. Not only did he look the part, but Krangle says he attended security meetings with Lazar. He explained that in these meetings “they give you the usual briefing asking you not to talk about that you are doing or seeing.” As for what specifically Lazar was working on, Krangle says, “I didn’t know what he was up to anymore than he knew what I was up to.”

Despite Lazar's lack of an education aside, is Stanton now willing to at least admit that it looks likely that Lazar actually worked at LA, something Knapp said he confirmed decades ago. It would not be the first time a person without a degree lied or forged their way to a very high position. For example, Marilee Jones had been with MIT for 28 years before the university realized that she never received the undergraduate or master's degrees that she said she got on her resume. In fact, Jones never received any college degrees. Even worse, In 1999, it was revealed that Jeffrey Papows, president of IBM's software maker Lotus Development, fibbed about his academic and military background. How many military projects that required a security clearance do you think Papows worked on or knew about as President of IBM/Lotus...

For reference on Kringle: You are being redirected...

Last edited:
It's time for an update on "traditional" UFO research, so we're calling on Stanton T. Friedman to provide it.

If there was ever a person who could be declared the “dean” of UFO researchers, it might very well be Stanton T. Friedman, a long-time UFO investigator and a nuclear physicist. Friedman is one of the key researchers into the Roswell crash and other events over the years, and has posited a strong case that the phenomenon is the result of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. His recent books include “Flying Saucers and Science” (2008) and “Science Was Wrong,” (2010) co-authored with Kathleen Marden. He also wrote the foreword to "How to Talk to An Alien," a new book from Nancy du Tertre that we'll be featuring in a future episode.

And, yes, we do plan to ask him about alien abductions.

The episode will be recorded on October 22 at 10 AM Pacific.
As Mr Friedman is involved in the yet to be released "The Presidents and UFO's"does he believe that all the presidents during the ufo era have been made aware of the "truth" and have they shared it with their allies. And does he believe that the FOIA will ever unearth any game changing information.Thanks Gene and Mr Friedman in advance.

What is Mr Friedman's response to Steven Hawking remarks that "UFOs appear only to cranks and weirdos..."?

Why do individuals with such high standing in the science community take such a stance?

Last edited:
Why has this field seemingly made so little progress since Kenneth Arnold's famous sighting almost 70 years ago?

Apart from witness testimony, what evidence do we have that "some UFOs are alien spacecraft" and that the ETH is valid explanation for this phenomenon?

If UFOs are simply sophisticated space rockets from another planet why do we hear so many stories about UFOs that have a hallucinatory or dream-like quality or contain other high strange aspects?

Witness testimony is the most common evidence cited to support UFO and other strange events. It is also the most open to corruption and confabulation. How should we treat this type of evidence when dealing with incredible claims?

If we should believe that governments are so duplicitous that the subject of UFOs "represents a kind of Cosmic Watergate", why couldn't they be so duplicitous that many UFOs events were staged by cold war era governments as acts of deliberate disinformation?

When it comes to alien abductions it has been noted in these forums by many of us that there are several irregularities from what would seem to be a logical approach and i would like to know what Stanton has to say about them

1. If he thinks the intent of these abductions is for the purpose of collecting dna ?

2. If so, why go through all the hassle and dramatics when a simple toe nail clipping or sublingual swab would suffice? In and out, easy peasy, maybe be more efficient, they could get more done in a night as there are apparently boatloads of hybrids inhabiting this planet with dna to be collected, why is it they feel the need to go all medieval on the victims?

3. Why would they create a chance where these events could be recalled even supposedly via hypnotic regression? the human body is very succeptible to being rendered unconscious even before waking so such procedures would not be recalled at all, i don't think this concept would get past the abductors. Does Stanton think that there would be some merit to keeping the victims fully conscious or perhaps they derive some perverted pleasure from watching the trauma of the victims faces? Maybe they do it so the victim will have a book to write...but not get rich from?

4. regarding implants is there any evidence to suggest these exoticly shaped implements have any signs of recording, collecting or sending information as i would assume they would be. If the technology exists that said information could be done in such a way that it is not obvious to us don't you think that they could be implanted in such a way so as not to get someones attention either through a physical reaction or feeling it while in the shower ?

5. Are you happy with Trudeau election win and bringing back the sunny ways approach of Sir Wilfrid Laurier?

Last edited:
1) Do you have any feel for how frequently air force and commercial pilots see UFOs? How often have you been approached by such people who wish to tell you of their encounters? Could you give some examples?

2) Do you have any read on whether higher-ups in the military currently pay any attention to or have interest in the topic of UFOs?

3) Could you please give us your observations on skeptics of UFOs—those who think there’s nothing to this phenomenon but misperception and human credulity. Of the skeptics you’ve engaged with how would you assess their knowledge of this topic?

4) As you know, distances in space are vast and even unimaginable to humans. How do you reply to the argument that UFOs can’t be from other worlds because the distances are too great for them to get here?

5) For those who are in the early stages of examining the UFO topic but remain skeptical as to there being any significant underlying reality to UFO claims, what resources or books would you refer them to?

6) How often have you been contacted by scientists and academics who express an interest in the topic of UFOs but wouldn’t dare publicly declare an interest in this topic for fear of damaging their careers?

7) What advice do you have for younger generations of UFO researchers?

8) Have you ever been contacted by a military, intelligence or government official who gave you, let’s call it, “confirmatory information” on UFOs, but were told that information on condition of respecting that informant’s anonymity?

Thank you Gene and Chris. Keep up the good work!
-E

Back