• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Richard Bonenfant

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Richard Bonenfant is a retired medical research scientist who’s career specialized in the study of birth defects in newborn children. He has been a research associate with the Albany Medical Center Hospital in Albany, New York, a medical epidemiologist with the New York State Birth Defects Institute, and a research scientist with the Division of Environment Epidemiology at the New York State Department of Health.

He also served several years as an adjunct professor at Siena College in Loudonville, N.Y. and then later with City College in Gainesville, Florida. While in Gainesville, he also served a full time post with the Department of Psychiatry at the Malcolm Randal Veteran’s Hospital.
In 2008, he retired his post at the Veteran’s Hospital to serve on the board of trustees of two regional hospitals near Tampa Florida. In 2017 he retired for the third and final time from all professional commitments to conduct private research.

Richard has also authored four books and participated in interviews where he has talked about the darker aspects of unexplained phenomena: annimal mutilations where there are no traces of a perpetrator. Reports documenting these strange events date back to the late 19th and early 20th century, and were reported by legendary anomalist, Charles Fort. He also has written a paper on NDEs:

The show will be recorded Thursday starting at 2:00pm MDT

Last edited:
Gainesville Florida has the state's largest University, The University of Florida, along with a very large state college, Santa Fe College, which are just miles from the massive Shands Hospital. Gainesville is an academic and medical hub for the entire state.

It strikes me as odd that a man with Bonenfant background would be working at City College and the Veteran's hospital, over and above the larger schools and hospitals in that same area.

I am curious to know if Richard's research was frowned upon by more mainstream schools like UF, and Santa Fe, thus forcing him to work at City College. Did he ever try to work at UF, Santa Fe, or Shands Hospital? Does he feel like his research into these alternative subjects made him unemployable by the more usual institutions in that same area?

Gainesville Florida has the state's largest University, The University of Florida, along with a very large state college, Santa Fe College, which are just miles from the massive Shands Hospital. Gainesville is an academic and medical hub for the entire state.

It strikes me as odd that a man with Bonenfant background would be working at City College and the Veteran's hospital, over and above the larger schools and hospitals in that same area.

I am curious to know if Richard's research was frowned upon by more mainstream schools like UF, and Santa Fe, thus forcing him to work at City College. Did he ever try to work at UF, Santa Fe, or Shands Hospital? Does he feel like his research into these alternative subjects made him unemployable by the more usual institutions in that same area?
Your question has been asked, and this show was actually more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

Back