• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask MUFON's Jan C. Harzan

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
There are loads and loads of questions about MUFON, its recent policies and staff shakeups, and its general approach to investigating UFOs.

So after we've asked Executive Director Jan C. Harzan to appear on The Paracast to bring us up to date.

Harzan is a 37-year veteran at IBM, and holds a B.S. in Nuclear Engineering. He's been Executive Director of MUFON since 2013.

Unlike previous episodes, we'll be recording this one Friday morning from 9 AM until 11 AM Pacific.

I know there are plenty of tough questions to ask, but please keep them respectful, and please limit this thread to those questions.

We can talk about the other matters in a different thread, or one of the ones already focused on MUFON.

I have a question related to the scientific investigation of UFOs:

It strikes me that the linchpin to broad scientific acceptance of UFO research is a theoretically unambiguous description of the gravitational field propulsion mechanism that these devices employ to achieve their dramatic performance capabilities, from silent levitation to extremely high accelerations. A major breakthrough in this direction appeared in 1994 when Miguel Alcubierre published his landmark paper on this subject, but Alcubierre’s concept requires a high density of negative energy, which may be unphysical in nature.

Does MUFON have any theoretical physicists trained in general relativity currently working to advance that concept?

I think that the view of academic science regarding this phenomenon would shift dramatically if we could mathematically demonstrate that a large density of negative energy is not required to produce gravitational field propulsion, but that hasn’t been achieved yet.

Last edited:
What is MUFON’S mission statement? In what way did the speakers Michael Salla, Andrew Basiago and Corey Goode help MUFON fulfill its goals?

Back