• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Aaron John Gulyas — The Other Side of Truth

Paul Kimball

Paranormal Adept

My good friend Aaron John Gulyas will be joining me next Monday to record a new episode of The Other Side of Truth, which will be available for Paracast+ subscribers. We'll be primarily discussing the history of the MIB, which is the subject that Aaron spoke about up here in Nova Scotia in August at the 2016 East Coast Paraconference, but as always with TOSOT, it will be an organic sort of chat, so who knows where we'll wind up.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

Aaron is an historian, author, lecturer, and sci-fi nerd. He is an associate professor of history at Mott Community College in Flint, Michigan, and also serves as a faculty technology consultant for the college’s Center for Teaching and Learning.

His books include:

The Chaos Conundrum: Essays on UFOs, Ghosts, and other High Strangeness in our Nonrational and Atemporal World;

The Paranormal and the Paranoid: Conspiratorial Science Fiction Television;

In Fandom's Shadow: Being a Doctor Who Fan from the 1990s to Today;

Extraterrestrials and the American Zeitgeist: Alien Contact Tales Since the 1950; and

Conspiracy Theories: The Roots, Themes and Propagation of Paranoid Political and Cultural Narratives; and

Teaching History with Newsreels and Publid Service Shorts.

Last edited:
No idea if this question is appropriate for this guest, but what factors ASIDE from intolerance of uncertainty, influence most paranormal researchers/fans to crave a nuts and bolts explanation to UFO and related phenomena. Heuristic inspired laziness? Satisfying childhood wonder?

Yes, she is indeed a top notch source.

LOL. Well, she is a good writer if you don't take any of it seriously. I lasted only 1 day on her forum because I dared to disagree with her. That is not allowed. Her early books are fun. But she has become a cultish leader....she who must be obeyed! Not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
LOL. Well, she is a good writer if you don't take any of it seriously. I lasted only 1 day on her forum because I dared to disagree with her. That is not allowed. Her early books are fun. But she has become a cultish leader....she who must be obeyed! Not my cup of tea.

You lasted two days longer than I would have. ;)

Question: What's your take on the WIB ( Women In Black ) that Redfern talks about?
Question: What rough percentage of MIB encounters would you say are reasonably attributed to official agency ( FBI, CIA, etc. ) investigators?

Last edited:
Back