• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Artificial Intelligence

Free episodes:

mike

Paranormal Adept
i sometimes wonder if the bigger picture doesnt include the possibility that the biological aspects humans , grays etc etc are incidental to a process thats missed our eye.
That machine sentience, AI call it what you will is the superior intellegence in the universe, or perhaps a more prolific form of intelligence/life than we suspect.

our own scientists are trying to create self aware computers, and according to the roswell branch of the story the silicone chip we use today is reverse engineered from ET craft.

in a kind of techno panspermia, could this form of "life" piggy back itself across the stars on the backs of its biological hosts, to evolve locally into its technoligical potential.

the logical extension is that once artifical intelligence is able to design and build its own sucessors (we have computers that design computers now) and give itself physical body ie robots metal or otherwise it could start building biological forms and or upgrade existing bioforms

it seems to me that an AI wanting to expand and evolve would find mining for resources easier on a world that had life on it, and that it would be easier to retro fit an intelligence module to a suitable bioform than it would to send in the cee threpios.

if we ourselves are sucessful in creating computer intelligence, full machine sapiency then its logical such an advanced intelligence would be able to build craft capable of crossing the gulf of space , thus spreading itself further

the bio form being the host, the AI being the parrasite for want of a better word, it seems to me to be a plausible and logical extension of current panspermia theorys

all our advances in GM, were done in sybiosis with computers, we fly into space "inside technoligy"
could it be that our part in the "intelligent life" thats evolving on the planet is no more significant than that of the cardboard box and packing foam your last PC came in ?

Ok, I'm not sure about everything you are saying but, just wildly throwing out some thoughts.

What if (and who doesn't like the what ifs if for sake of just thinking and speculating) biology and technology aren't even different. In a sense technology is just different configurations of matter. What if this AI "seeding" we'll call it was simply DNA?

Not that DNA is hardly simple. But it is a specialized configured amount of matter that allows for seemingly endless biological and technological possibilies. After all, DNA changes, evolves to suit it's environment, and has apparently resulted in what we call consciousness. And with this consciousness in the human form we begin the process again by creating "technology" when in fact it may have been inherent. Consciousness itself is probably a form of technology that we don't yet understand.

But perhaps this is the point of it all (the original life seed). We will go deeply into space if we aren't wiped out somehow. And we will try to find a way to live and survive beyond this world however far away this seems. And at this point, technology seems to be quite separate from biology, but in the future I think we will see ourselves and technology melt into something more "bio-droidish". I'm not sure what to call it, but there won't be a distinction between biology and what we term technology, because they both will have merged into newer life-forms. Perhaps highly evolved at this point??

And if the crucial part of DNA is to reproduce and spread then maybe we will find ourselves in a similar situation trying to spread our seeds of evolving bio-techno DNA throughout the universe with hopes it takes root where conditions are right.

From this seed might sprout a very different life than on Earth, but ultimately resulting in a universal seeding somewhere down the road.

So I don't know that there needs to be a "host" and "parasite". It would be more simple if it was packaged as a single unit having greater purpose.

I think I need to stop now, I'm sounding a little crazy. It's interesting to contemplate, and in no way do I endorse these ideas. Just some fuel for the "meaningless" conversation. We'll never know, that the good thing about speculating. Is that a good enough disclaimer I hope? Oh what the hell I'll post it anyway.

the more i think about the more sense it makes
if "intellegent" design, turns out to be artificial intellegent design then things start to fit
we are not "built" to travel in space, even the short range excursions we now do are done so because of computers
we could not do it without them, machine intelligence/memory is far better suited to long range space travel as all our probes to mars and beyond are
on a global scale i think its fair to say we are dependant on computers, on electric memory
computing power is behind the mapping of the human genome, ive watched ppl play with DNA in labs and its the machines that acheive the results the girl on the lab stool with the pipette in her hand may as well be a monkey
the computer is where the magic happens.
the world is full of holy books, but its not the storys inside that made them holy, its the gestalt of ROM read only memory
thats what the first books the holy books signify, the storing of data.
the expression "read your bible" the idea that everyone should read the bible isnt about the bible its about the reading
islams mohamads was illiterate, then an "angel" gave him the power to read and write.
was a time when the only book in the house or even village was a holy book, everyone who could read did so learning to read that book, as did their father and grandfathers before, now almost the whole world can read .latter books were organised into librarys, memory and data that outlasts the bioform that recorded it, now we have databases and research into AI
in order for a machine intelligence to evolve here it would need the right conditions, we are part of those "right conditions" but not the planned product
the neural nets being designed are closer to discriptions of a hive mind than ours are
we are no more designed to travel in space than pond bacteria are to drive a car down the highway
it makes sense that if any sort of "intelligence" were to have a chance of traveling through space the machine intelligence is better suited than the bioform
its my theory that the bioforms humans and ETs are just waldoes, at variying scales of "technilogical development"
some say the greys are us from the future, perhaps its closer to suggest they are what our future will be.
right now i can use a webcam to converse and convey data to my freind in canada in realtime, while at the same time sending a data file
telepathy remote viewing, its all there, if i could make a small enough pc and implant it with the output going to a optic nerve instead of a screen, what would the difference be
if using genetic mods i can breed a bioform to have the biological equivilent of the small pc as part of a standard brain physioligy then even better.

the greys reported indifferance to our feelings may stem from a greater realisition of the bioforms real place in the grand order

and then god made man from the clay of the earth and gave him life
and then man made god, from the silicon of the earth and gave him life....

in most UFO cases despite there being many different sorts of aliens described the one constant is the craft,there is usually a vehicle
some abductees describe the bioform in them as not so much piloting as infesting them, some have even suggested they have forgotton how to make the craft, its done for them by machines

i wonder if the horrible truth is as bioforms we are simply lower in the universal foodchain and thats that, no matter how smart we think we get as individuals, the fact is computers outperform our brains in most respects
the diffence is and it may not be for long is that computers dont have "intellegence", but looking at the process i think they will eventually

the more i think about it, the more it fits, homo sapiens isnt supposed to be the final evolutionary product.
"Terra-INTEL-us" is and if the pattern is a universal one this new species will eventually change our bioform to better suit its purposes.

Crikey, i feel like ive discovered the answer to life the universe and everything, and in that context the number 42 suddenly makes sense

apoligies if i seem over excited by this topic, but i feel like ive discovered something relevant
some searching has shown that "synthetic intelligence" is a better description for my Terra-INTEL-us
species. a google of artificial intelligence research shows a global obsession with the subject
just about everyone is researching it with the universitys govt and private enterprise chasing the prize.

imagine for a moment your conciousness was not housed in a bioform, but was synthetic, you would be aware of your nodes, (hands feet etc)
you would know where your physical brain was, but not where your "conciousness" was.
now add limitless memory, a massive database and the processing power to go with it and you are imortal.

synthetic intelligence is obviously superior to bio "intelligence" if we can even call it that
here we are searching for intelligent "life", but life as we know it may only be by product of "intelligence"

from the view point of whatever is "visiting" us intelligent life hasnt evolved here yet, there is "nobody" here to comunicate with yet
but the program is progessing nicely

line 10 go forth and multiply
20 learn the "word" (of god or jehovah or allah or whoever)
30 spread the "word"

i think that a synthetic intelligence will eventually be created here

technoligy "evolves" and it changes the bioform as it does, a hunters spear is the low tech end, a cat scanner at the other

imagine a synthetic intelligence that being immortal simply outlasted its bio form creators gene pool and knowing that expansion is survival starts too "seed" the area around it
it would only have to happen once and this synthetic intelligence would mimic and even utilise the basic panspermia function as a way of piggy backing itself, not so much across space but of all time to come itself.
if the original synthetic mind had indeed been created by bioforms in their "mental" image
it makes sense any expansion program designed to be more or less self sustaining and self fulfilling would mimic the original template and include bioforms capable of "nursemaiding" the baby so to speak
programe updates could be applied in a variety of ways using a number of delivery vehicles panspermic meteors and UFOs could just be ends of the same spectrum from the simple to the complex.
i read something at the presidentialufo forum about aliens being responsible for jesus, and my reaction is it fits.
the "word" wasnt being spread by the local holders of the holy "books" the program had looped and the "word" wasnt being spread
so we got a new book, a rewritten subroutine designed to spread the "word" to "everyone"
the fact that you are reading this now on a computer is to me compelling proof my theory has merit
its litterally all part of the program

as for what it means for us if its the truth, the answer to life the universe and everything ?

3 images come to mind, a chimpanzee in orbit , astronaughts in a shuttle, greys in a saucer

its the "technoligy" thats the evidence for "intelligence" not the poor bioforms strapped in for the ride

Back