• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Arthur C. Clarke

While I agree that having him on the show would be astounding, I'm gonna guess that it would also be next-to-impossible to get him to agree to such an appearance.

dB

I agree it probably would be next-to-impossible to get him to agree to come on, but I heared he answers all his mail, and if you don't ask you won't get, its worth a try. By the way his series Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World has just come out on DVD in the UK. In the series Clarke looks at everything fom UFOs to the Yeti.

freemars2259 said:
I agree it probably would be next-to-impossible to get him to agree to come on, but I heared he answers all his mail, and if you don't ask you won't get, its worth a try. By the way his series Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World has just come out on DVD in the UK. In the series Clarke looks at everything fom UFOs to the Yeti.

I was never one hundred percent convinced that Clarke had that much to do with the programme and was just used as a marketing device ... see Arthur C Clarke walk up or down beach pondering this mysterious universe we live in, gentle viewer.

Anybody know whether or not he really was involved in the programme at any level??

Oh and considering that Clarke is 90/91 and isn't in the best of health, is wheelchair bound and is still writing ... I doubt whether an icon such as himself really reads and replies to every single e-mail. Unless he's got a time-machine he's got access to of course :p ...

schticknz said:
freemars2259 said:

I was never one hundred percent convinced that Clarke had that much to do with the programme and was just used as a marketing device ... see Arthur C Clarke walk up or down beach pondering this mysterious universe we live in, gentle viewer.

Anybody know whether or not he really was involved in the programme at any level??

Oh and considering that Clarke is 90/91 and isn't in the best of health, is wheelchair bound and is still writing ... I doubt whether an icon such as himself really reads and replies to every single e-mail. Unless he's got a time-machine he's got access to of course :p ...

Still worth a try, there is nothing to lose. They could win the Lottery.

By the way I think Colin Wilson would make a good guest too. Someone has to try to interview these older guys before they go.

freemars2259 said:
schticknz said:
freemars2259 said:

Still worth a try, there is nothing to lose. They could win the Lottery.

By the way I think Colin Wilson would make a good guest too. Someone has to try to interview these older guys before they go.

Totally agree ... there's absolutely nothing to lose, and you'll probably find they'll have more fun talking to Gene and Dave than they ever suspected was possible. Talking to people with an actual personal interest (and love??) for something is always refreshing after talking to all the Noorys, Bells and Renses (poodle hair cut ... possibly not his ... duller than a bag of dead snakes) of this world.

And Colin Wilson would be possibly be an even better guest than Clarke. One of the few renegade thinkers still out there I would say. Pity Fred Hoyle isn't still alive, or Terence McKenna ... damn this dying business. Anyone for a fountain of youth??? :D

p.s. how about Sitchin as a guest ... it would be utterly fascinating to compare his stuff with Joseph Farrells idea of an ancient war in our solar system and/or the cryptoterrestrial hypothesis ... sorry ... starting to think off the top of my head again ... never a good thing :D ... better go and finish off my coffee :D ... schtick out

pps ... Joseph Farrell would be a good guest too ... but I've said that before and nothing happened ... sighhhh :frown: :D

Back