• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Art

A portrait I finished this morning. Used Modo, Poser7, PS CS3, UV Mapper Pro.

ef1.jpg

Here are some links to some great free software Paracast members should find useful, since so many of you enjoy graphic art. Free is good.

Caligari is giving away Truespace, a very good quality 3D modeling and rendering program that originally sold for $700-$800. The promotion seems designed to encourage the purchase of their advanced rendering plug-in that must be similar to 3DS Max's Mental Ray, which should not be confused with mental Ray, that panhandler who hangs out by the bus station.

http://www.caligari.com/store/trueSpace/default.asp?SubCate=S2truespace&Cate=STtrueSpace

Deep Paint allows the direct painting of meshes without first creating a UV map, sort of like the painting utility in Zbrush.

Deep Paint - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Another commercial modeling program that has gone free since eFrontier is completely reworking a successor. Don't know anything about it myself.

Amapi 3D

This program lools to be a poor man's zbrush or mudbox. I like the price...zip.
CB Model Pro - Easy 3D Modeling

I assume most of you are already familiar with GIMP, the freeware "alternative to" PhotoShop. I've never paid much attention to it until this latest release, which has the ability to use Adobe's huge library of brushes and plugins. Might want to give it a look.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Back