• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Art

aNorthernSoul

Professional Breather
Hi, I do a lot of art related to paranormal topics. I would be interested in seeing people's favourites by making this thread a go to spot to check out cool paranormal related art that they love. I'd like to avoid computer made art if possible though because those are a dime a dozen and just lacks something personal, in my opinion. I'm cool with whatever though if people are into that.

I just did this one, it was ink...

Trickster

trickster.jpg

My fav acrylic one...

Broken Halo

broken-halo.jpg

My blog can be found at Artwork by Dustin Lawrence

I would love to see what other people find interesting that makes them think about this stuff. I think due to the high strangeness, sometimes words don't work. Feel free to discuss that idea too as I would love thoughts on that as well.

Easter Alien.png
ok, this is from a really, really long time ago, as in over two decades ago which was the last time the paranormal bug bit me for a brief bit. i started exploring it from that Vallee-Magonia perspective. this is actually an incomplete painting as i was going to paint an elf or dwarf figure just on that path walking past the tree with the doorway. i wanted to comment on how our myths from different eras can simply mingle together as it's the story we really like. but after completing a series of paintings and realized that to get really good at this was going to take a lot of time so i joined my friends who were all making movies.

i suddenly took an abrupt turn into film and related digital mediums. i was always shooting slides and so developing film in our homemade darkroom ended up becoming the more determining career as i developed the Comm Tech program at my high school out of those learned skills. combining those analog and digital mediums ended up capturing my interests on a much deeper level. to this day i mourn the end of the analog era as i can not get my kodachrome 64 developed anywhere reasonable - plus it's environmentally devastating. still there is nothing like the magic of watching that film neg turn into a paper image!

Theatre of Dreams.png
as a prelude to painting i found a real passion in collage. in fact that's mostly my thing when it comes to art making whether it's music, film, or writing i love the aesthetic of the collage and the combinatory effect of using various elements from various sources. this image that is my current avatar include a paranormal classic along with tarot cards, my partner's video work, Neil Gaiman's Sandman material, a Gail Scott book cover etc.; it's also about twenty years old and is up on a living room wall for some reason, but then so are my kid's scribbles and handprints. i find it interesting that after returning to the paranormal and Ufological discussion my thinking has picked up right from where it left off - issues of internalization, trauma, drama, madness and dreams still haunt and direct.

Theatre of Dreams.png
as a prelude to painting i found a real passion in collage. in fact that's mostly my thing when it comes to art making whether it's music, film, or writing i love the aesthetic of the collage and the combinatory effect of using various elements from various sources. this image that is my current avatar include a paranormal classic along with tarot cards, my partner's video work, Neil Gaiman's Sandman material, a Gail Scott book cover etc.; it's also about twenty years old and is up on a living room wall for some reason, but then so are my kid's scribbles and handprints. i find it interesting that after returning to the paranormal and Ufological discussion my thinking has picked up right from where it left off - issues of internalization, trauma, drama, madness and dreams still haunt and direct.

Very nice stuff.

While I often take a break from thinking about those things, I find that I don't always just pick up where I left off. I have my constants, but generally I find my views always shifting depending on knew evidence, perspectives, analogies etc.

Very nice stuff.

While I often take a break from thinking about those things, I find that I don't always just pick up where I left off. I have my constants, but generally I find my views always shifting depending on knew evidence, perspectives, analogies etc.
I think for myself this mode of thinking is my own truth. While I have undergone radical changes in beliefs and philosophies with regards to paranormal investigation, specifically the whole UFO/ET thing, my core truths have not changed. We humans love stories, are products of our stories and the family narrative, along with socio-cultural influences, generally define us. The dream narrative and our internalization of memories of drama & trauma combine with the former to define our reality. I have not been able to escape this mode of thinking and the more I come to know individuals deeply this concept bears itself out. Thanks for starting this thread. Don't be surprised if I throw up more of my creative past.

I think for myself this mode of thinking is my own truth. While I have undergone radical changes in beliefs and philosophies with regards to paranormal investigation, specifically the whole UFO/ET thing, my core truths have not changed. We humans love stories, are products of our stories and the family narrative, along with socio-cultural influences, generally define us. The dream narrative and our internalization of memories of drama & trauma combine with the former to define our reality. I have not been able to escape this mode of thinking and the more I come to know individuals deeply this concept bears itself out. Thanks for starting this thread. Don't be surprised if I throw up more of my creative past.

It's like I always say, I would never change a thing because my past made me who I am today.

Please do continue to post, that's the purpose of this thread. I think art is good for topics such as paranormal ones because they both lend to the idea that sometimes there just aren't the right words to relay a message.

Just exceptional material SiGiL. After looking through your paradoxchild works I feel like such a slacker. I really hope more people come join this thread and post their material no matter its skill or dabbler level, counting myself amongst the dabblers here.

A couple of years ago at the Exploratorium (a science museum) in SF they had a visiting UFO installation piece. The first photo was the least tourist-crowded shot I could get; I like the fact that the one guy in the shot looks like a Man in Black. The second shot shows that the interior was blocked off by plexiglass so that all you could do was peer in from the doorway.

DSC00131.JPG
DSC00134.JPG

I was meaning to post these a ways back as i couldn't resist the greeting card urge. I used to paint UFO/Alien themed Xmas cards for a while. I especially liked the one i did with two aliens playing some hockey on the ice rink in the woods. But these ones all wrote themselves, all romance based for the most part. What can you do? Thanks for the inspiration @andymcfly !
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5 copy.jpg

Back