• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are You A Terrorist?

The Key words in this document are extremism and violence.
A former history teacher once told me; "We have the right to shake our fist until it makes contact with someone's nose., at which point we have infringed upon that person's rights"

A former history teacher once told me; "We have the right to shake our fist until it makes contact with someone's nose., at which point we have infringed upon that person's rights"
What'cha supposed to do when those in charge of protecting your rights start punching ya in the nose.
I think Orwell nailed it.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

What'cha supposed to do when those in charge of protecting your rights start punching ya in the nose.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

"We the sheeple" are willingly enslaved. The system has been refined through the ages. America., the ideal. We catch a glimpse from time to time., the dark arrogance of the ignoble nobility. We whine and bitch about the greedy, war mongering right., or the bleeding heart left. They are flipsides of the same coin. And it is a wooden nickel. They have sacrificed millions in the name of the eye of providence. Presidents, Kings and peasant heroes have fallen before them. Guard your' soul., 'cause they own everything else. Damn!, that may have been a bit extreme.

Looks like that document was recalled. We all know who the real terrorists are. It's the jack-asses who publish crap like this and the mindless thugs that enforce their petty laws.

Homeland agency pulled back extremism dictionary - Washington Times

With my views? lol

Obviously I am. It's sad and creepy though as all I want is my country back by peaceful means. 1984 is real and 2009, IMO.

Good points, both. I don't necessarily have a problem with DHS investigating and cataloging information on the host of ideological groups that inhabit this country. And I agree that the key words in almost every definition include, "members have been known to advocate or engage in criminal activity and plot acts of violence and terrorism in an attempt to advance their extremist goals."

What I do have a problem with is that, of course, these very definitions are being generated by an arm of an institution that routinely "advocates or engages in criminal activity and plots acts of violence and terrorism in an attempt to advance their __________ goals."

Our government doesn't view its goals as extreme. Only the goals of those who are in "aboveground" disagree with the current gaggle of elected officials and bureaucrats can possibly be "extremist". And extremists are all the same in their eyes. Who do we think we are to disagree with them anyway, their bosses or something? :rolleyes:

Then, what happens next is those who peacefully defend certain beliefs about issues such as abortion, illegal immigration, governmental infringement on our constitutional rights, etc. are automatically lumped in with the handful of nut jobs who think it's fine to bomb Planned Parenthood clinics, set up concentration camps for Mexicans, set off fertilizer bombs in front of federal buildings, etc. And of course this lays the foundation for the concept of Orwellian "Thought Crimes". The snowball just keeps getting bigger and keeps rolling faster ...

It is very sobering to think about how much America has changed just in the last 30 years, and it is truly frightening to imagine what the next 30 years have in store for us.

cctv460.jpg

The US Govt. are a bunch of terrorists. They terrorize everyone into being scared all the time, so what's the difference between them and Osama?

There is a big difference between Osama and the millions of men and women who work 24/7/365 protecting the American people from those who will chop your head off if you don't convert to their extreme religious ideology. Don't take my word for it. Book a trip to Waziristan and you'll see for yourself.

There is a big difference between Osama and the millions of men and women who work 24/7/365 protecting the American people from those who will chop your head off if you don't convert to their extreme religious ideology. Don't take my word for it. Book a trip to Waziristan and you'll see for yourself.
The religious fundamentalists that worry me aren't a bunch of donkey-herders. They are the people in my neighborhood.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The religious fundamentalists that worry me aren't a bunch of donkey-herders. They are the people in my neighborhood.
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
Equating everyone in the US government to Osama is a slap in the face to all the patriots fighting for our freedom today -- which was the point of my original reply. However, if all that you think the people living in the tribal areas along the Af/Pak border are "donkey-herders" then you lack a fundamental understanding of who these people are, what they are capable of, what they are trying to do, and what they have already done.

Equating everyone in the US government to Osama is a slap in the face to all the patriots fighting for our freedom today -- which was the point of my original reply. However, if all that you think the people living in the tribal areas along the Af/Pak border are "donkey-herders" then you lack a fundamental understanding of who these people are, what they are capable of, what they are trying to do, and what they have already done.

Fighting for freedom? There is no reason for fighting anymore and there never was. Afghanistan and Iraq is a waste of human lives, just like Vietnam was.

Back