• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are The Aliens Artificial Beings Created by an Alien Artificial Intelligence?

Free versions of recent episodes:

freemars2259

Skilled Investigator
In an interesting article by Richard Dolan, "What Are They?", he theorizes that the intelligent non-humans behind UFO sightings may be alien artificial beings, kind of like the replicants in "Blade Runner", created by and connected to an alien artificial intelligence.

Here is an exract:

"...Essentially, UFOs are seen as the product of an advanced intelligence, either biological in nature, or else something paranormal, possibly beyond our physics.

I have come to a different conclusion. I concede that my position is provisional, and may change in time. But the more I reflect on it, the more persuasive I find it. It is that the UFO phenomenon is the product of an artificial intelligence. Advanced machine intelligence, vastly outstripping our own, biological, intelligence.

Now, many people believe that machine intelligence is involved somehow in the phenomenon of UFOs. What I am suggesting is that it is the driving force.

I assume that I am not the only proponent of this idea, but I am not aware of any other UFO researcher who has expressed it in this way. Back in the 1960s, there was one writer whose thoughts moved in this direction, or who at least entertained the possibility. That was Ivan Sanderson, surely one of the most original thinkers ever to write about UFOs.

It is a shame that Sanderson, a biologist by profession, wrote only two books on UFOs. It is a greater shame that he is all but forgotten today. His first book, Uninvited Visitors (1967) remains among the most sophisticated analyses yet done on the possible nature of UFOs (Sanderson called them Unexplained Aerial Objects, or UAOs).

Too long to summarize here, Sanderson methodically asked, not what UAOs were, but what they could be. He developed a six page outline of the possibilities. Thus, they could be inanimate or animate. If inanimate, they might be natural, or artificial, each possibility with several subsets. If animate, they could also be natural or artificial. Natural forms might include life-forms indigenous to space, or to atmospheres, or to solid bodies. Artificial forms might be domesticated natural life-forms, genetically created life forms, or biochemically created life forms. And so on.

Sanderson at several points suggested the possibility that the "occupants" of UFOs might be artificial life forms. He was not dogmatic about this, and also entertained the idea that they might be an as-yet unknown life-form indigenous to Earth. Still, the concept of UFOs as a form of artificial intelligence is fertile enough that we might have expected some follow-up.

After all, it’s been 35 years...

...Most scientists involved in artificial intelligence research are convinced that we are on the verge of a new era in civilization: the age of intelligent machines. Many of them also believe in the inevitability of an event they call the Singularity. This is believed to happen when computer intelligence becomes able to upgrade itself, to reprogram itself continuously, and become ... self-aware.

Such a process, these experts argue, will involve a rapid, exponential increase in computer intelligence, leaving human intelligence in the dust. A similar event occurred when human intelligence exploded within the incredibly brief period (in biological evolutionary terms) of a few million years. But in the case of machine intelligence, the pace will be much, much faster.

Think of it this way. Moore’s Law is widely known within the field of computer science. In 1965, Gordon E. Moore (now the Chairman Emeritus of Intel Corp.) predicted that the number of transistors per integrated circuit would double every 18 months. Incredibly, this has held true. Thus, in 1971, the leading integrated circuit contained just over two thousand transistors; by Year 2000 that number was 42 million.

The development of machine intelligence could well occur along a similar path. Once a certain critical mass is achieved in terms of hardware, software, connectivity, and storage, machines will develop the ability to foresee their own technological needs and redesign their software. Instead of requiring 18 months to double their power, what would be needed when artificially intelligent computers are doing the research? Could the time be cut to, say, twelve months? And when it becomes more powerful still, to six months? Then three months, then one month – then what? Then, as one AI writer put it, "our crystal ball explodes" and everything we know goes out the window..."

Here is a link to the whole article:

http://keyholepublishing.com/What%20Are%20They.htm

What do people think, personally I think this could very well be the case, it would make sense.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the above. It would make sense to me that if these beings have come all the way from another star that they would most probably be artificial. So in my opinion their either artificial beings from another star or their flesh and blood creatures from the Earth. Perhaps both situations are going on but I doubt it. What do people think?

The possibilities are endless.
If indeed some of the beings or entities are artificial, then there could be a number of possibilities as to where they come from. Crypto-terrestrial, inter-dimensional, inter-stellar, time travellers from one or more of our futures etc., etc.
They could even be humans who had left this planet in our distant past and now return as more technically advanced versions of ourselves.
We may never know.
Or will we?

The only couple of things that springs to mind are 1) the Flatwoods Monster, which in '52 was said to be more robot than creature, and in Frank C. Feschino's book with Stanton Friedman seems to allow for the possibility that it was actually some sort of environment suit with a biological creature inside, and 2) the abduction where a female abductee under a post-hypnotic suggestion by a researcher went for the eye of one of the greys and pulled off what seemed to be a screen, with obvious machine/optical stuff underneath.

This was a well reported case, it made it into either UFO magazine or UFO Library Magazine, I forget which, possibly more.

I've always liked Richard C. Dolan, he strikes me as a thoughtful and thorough researcher and a great writer, so I'm always happy to hear his ideas. Certainly, if we had AIs inside of UFOs ala Battlestar Galactica, I suppose the extreme G-forces we hear about with craft executing impossible right-angle turns at speed would be a little easier to understand, and there was always the possibility of remotely controlled ships along with the big mother ships.

So why not? It's a possibility.

They could literally be anything, always fun to speculate so long as we know thats all it is.

As far as Dolan's theory, it's certainly as valid as any. However if we're going to talk about tangible, physical machines, then I'd again say where are, (after all this time) any physical remnants of this? Not one shred.

does the technology have a built in destruct? is it only able to exist in this reality for so long before it's vanishes and goes back to it's timeline/reality/place?

Friggin ponderous.

jritzmann said:
They could literally be anything, always fun to speculate so long as we know thats all it is.

As far as Dolan's theory, it's certainly as valid as any. However if we're going to talk about tangible, physical machines, then I'd again say where is, (after all this time) any physical remnants of this? Not one shred.

does the technology have a built in destruct? is it only able to exist in this reality for so long before it's vanishes and goes back to it's timeline/reality/place?

Friggin ponderous.

"Not one shred" has been shown to the general public anyway, but maybe the secret government are just not showing us what they have. Also lets say you found a "nut or bolt" from an alien space ship, do you really think anyone would take you seriously, most scientists would just laugh in your face or would be too scared of ridicule to test whatever you had. I wonder how many alien "nuts or bolts" are being used as paperweights because of this situation?

Maybe it's both. Imagine little bug-eyed beings that all look alike producing bug-eyed robots that look exactly like them. Now what's what?

Creepier still, what if the short bug-eyed guys created android humans?

Why does it matter?

Sure, ultimately it does, but at this point, why does it matter? This is the type of thing that just seems pointless to me at this moment in the field of UFO research. This is a field that still needs either to A) prove to many people that UFOs are real or B) get them to admit what they already know. Wild speculation, which is more or less what this amounts to, is only going to chase undecided people away and give ammunition to debunkers.

Even I, CinderMoltenHowl, believe there is merit to this.

I was speaking to Art Bell and his 14 year old wife over dinner one night recently discussing this.

It supports Colonel Corso who held the view that aliens (at least the ones that crashed here) were clones designed as a medium to have a symbiotic relationship with the craft they were travelling in. Hence his belief as to why we could never fly them ourselves or get them to operate.

An interesting theory.

CinderMoltenHowl said:
Even I, CinderMoltenHowl, believe there is merit to this.

I was speaking to Art Bell and his 14 year old wife over dinner one night recently discussing this.

It supports Colonel Corso who held the view that aliens (at least the ones that crashed here) were clones designed as a medium to have a symbiotic relationship with the craft they were travelling in. Hence his belief as to why we could never fly them ourselves or get them to operate.

An interesting theory.

I thought I was a disinfo agent. Listen, damnit. You come here spreading your chit and stuff.... Art's wife is 15 now. Get your freakin facts straight.

Um, I won't get started on the topic of the thread. I'll be here, well, a longer time than I already am... Just know, I consider the scenario that the beings that are reported to have been seen, are manufactured in some way. Either, partially, or completely. You know, like in the future, we'll be able to fix ourselves up etc. We already do it to some extent. So, I think it's very likely they are engineered, or modified by intelligence. I see no reason to jump to AI as the thread indicates. I don't know if the OP mis spoke/typed or not.

I said I wouldn't get started on the topic of the thread, and then I did........ it wasn't a lie, just um..... not the truth....

I wanna see an alien, not a muhcheen.

Back