• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are "experiencers" compelled to SPEAK-OUT?

Free episodes:

mikec

Skilled Investigator
QUESTION:
are "experiencers" compelled to speak out?

At the end of a PARATOPIA audio podcast (episode: 9, Ted Phillips) - Jeremy said that people are feeling an urgency, to get out and talk about this stuff, and bring it to a larger audience - and people are feeling it's important to do this - and he said, I just don't know why it's important.

And then Jeff said: "I don't like feeling that I'm part of some plan I know nothing about."

They are exactly articulating my deepest feelings - and it has been weirdly oppressive for me - and I can't figure it out.

This came up at the Laughlin conference (feb 2009) with the "experiencers" I spent time with. And it came up a lot for me, to the point where I just felt like I was hit with the same message - over and over.

I had a long talk this morning with a woman (with a lot of contact experiences) and she made a huge effort to try and define what she was feeling. We actually got dictionary out and looked up COMPELLED and IMPELLED.

She said that what she was feeling was coming from outside of her. She was COMPELLED to come forward and share her story.

This matched what I am feeling - exactly. Especially right now. Is there anyone else out there feeling the same thing?

QUESTION: Is anyone else feeling this???

- and -

I'll add that she started a blog about her experiences in November 08. And I started a blog about my experiences just this week. Neither knew the other was doing this, and they are strangely similar. And she found out about my blog when I wrote about a synchronistic event that included HER.

Mine:
hidden experience

Please know - I'm NOT trying to sell anything.

peace,
Mike Clelland!

compel |kəmˈpel|

verb ( -pelled , -pelling ) [ trans. ]

force or oblige (someone) to do something : a sense of duty compelled Harry to answer her questions.
• bring about (something) by the use of force or pressure : they may compel a witness's attendance at court by issue of a summons.
• poetic/literary drive forcibly : by heav'n's high will compell'd from shore to shore.

ORIGIN late Middle English : from Latin compellere, from com- ‘together’ + pellere ‘drive.’

A parent faced with a rebellious teenager may try to compel him to do his homework by threatening to take away his allowance.

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if I'm feeling more compelled now than any other time in my life, as I've always shared my experiences with the right people at the right time. You know, perhaps out camping, or when there's a power failure and someone wants to bring up spooky stories. Since discovering the Paracast and this message board several months back, my interest has been piqued a bit more I'd say.

I think what I find most interesting is that people end up being completely consumed by trying to find answers where I don't think there are any. Who is going to give you the answers you need? I've seen many strange things, but anyone who thinks they can tell me what they are is either a) full of crap, or b) putting out their best guess, as educated as it may be, but it's still no better than what that little voice in my gut tells me it is.

Unless of course the government really DOES know what's going on (I'm sure they know something, but I get the feeling what they know has more to do with the nuts and bolts of the crafts and less to do with the beings - which is what I'm mostly interested in) and then maybe we'll know one day. I'm not holding my breath for disclosure, however. I have a theory about what they might do with whatever information they have, but that's for another time...

I've seen these things, no one can tell me I haven't, and I'm aware that this universe/dimension/world is much more mysterious than science will ever be able to prove or quantify. I'm probably beginning to sound like a broken record on this point. :eek:

I do find it interesting that I'm becoming more interested in the paranormal again at such a time as this when many others seem to be going through the same thing.

I have experienced two very strange things in my life to date. Both of which I have no rational explanation for.

I do consider myself a straight forward down to earth person, but both these experiences have driven me to open my mind and look into what "might" be out there!

I've never been compelled to "speak-out" simply because most people seem to show very little interest. I do consider my experiences more of nudge to open my mind to a bigger picture.

Do experiencers feel 'compelled' to speak out?

Idk, I guess so. It really helps to be able to verbalize one's experience out loud and/or in print to others, ya know?

When you keep it silent, just to yourself, as the years go by, eventually it feels like soda does after you shook it up, and you WANT to find others of similar experiences. Or to find other witnesses to help gain more info or whatever...

Para,

You say you've had two very strange experiences?

Please - I would be interested to hear them.

Mike C!

Para,

You say you've had two very strange experiences?

Please - I would be interested to hear them.

Mike C!

Hello Mike

One evening in the mid 1980's while at home in my then bedroom along with a friend of mine our attention was drawn to a very bright light in the night sky. I'd say it was around the brightness of a distant planet, Venus or so, and the height of a passenger aircraft.

We watched this static light for about five minutes or so until I called my dad, he came up with his binoculars to get a better look, he said it looked like a Mexican hat. A few moments later another bright object came into view and then a third object which made to the naked eye a triangle, one point of light at the top and the other two below.

These objects hung there static for a further fifteen minutes or so, there was no sound, then the two lower points of light slowly moved away in opposite directions, wile the other "top" point of light moved at a very high rate of speed up into the night sky and out of sight.

-------

My Grandfather died unexpectedly one morning back in early 2000 from a massive heart attack, I would have to say it was a number of months after he had been laid to rest that I had my second experience.

I was working the night shift, I used to work for an Audio Duplication plant. I was the only person in the building and all the doors were alarmed and locked.

It was around 3am in the morning, I was quiet awake, the room I was in had one large window and one door, the lights outside of the room were switched off and only the low wattage security light were on, the door was slightly open. From the corner of my eye I noticed what looked like a figure walk by the door. I thought nothing of it and continued about my business, a few minutes later I clearly heard my Grandfathers voice call my name. I can honestly say that made me take note. I check the entire building and found nothing.

It is important to note that my then work buddy who I shared the night shift with, one week on and one week off, called me one night out of his wit's about 11pm telling me that he was locking up the building and going home because he had heard some one walking around upstairs in the empty offices. He at the time was the only person in the building. Doors locked and alarms on.

We talked to the bosses about these experiences, they just laughed it off. So no further action was taken. It was not an on going thing, just now and then, strange things would happen. But I personally nor my work partner experience any further happenings.

On a further later note, my Grandmother also had a similar experience around the same time. She woke one night to see my Grandfather standing in the door way of their bedroom, he did not say anything, just smiled. By the time she turned the light on there was nothing there.

Did she have a waking dream? I have no idea.

I'm wondering how many REAL experiencers speak out, VS how many remain silent? After some thinking on it, if you look at people who are victims of child abuse, and or other forms of abuse, and what percentages of them speak out, you might be surprised at how many people might be staying quiet.

It makes you wonder.

I'm wondering about this 'compelled' business. The implication is that 'the time is now' which would lead one to believe some sort of 'opening' is about to happen, perhaps some sort of event, or even some sort of Disclosure. It's all very compelling in itself that people feel compelled to speak.

But you have to ask, what are we getting? What kind and quality of information is being 'spoken out?' is it any different than we're used to? Is it any better than the 1950's contactee stories? I'd have to say that the quality is wanting here. We have people who think they might have, kinda, but they're not sure, 'lost some time.' People have experienced synchronicity, which, frankly, is not all that rare. I'd bet most of us have had those kind of experiences. Some people have 'seen' aliens, or drawn them. And somebody saw a disk, again.

Well, the Native Anericans on the last UFO Hunters 'saw a disk' too, and we laugh at the entire show as being entertainment and of low quality. What's different here? So I understand if 'experiencers' are compelled to 'speak out,' but I'm just not impressed, at least so far, with what is being said. It seems like the same vague same old same old to me. Is that all you've got? C'mon, give us something good. Where's george Adamski when we need him?

I think we agree that there are plenty of "Experiencers" out there that we wish would simply go away, because they haven't experienced anything, other than a lull in popularity. I'm talking about you Whitley.

"Are "experiencers" compelled to speak out?"

I don't know. I guess it depends more on the person in question. When you get older you also become a better person at judging someones character and if relating paranormal experiences stand a chance of being well received. At least, that's how it went for me.

Personally, I was perhaps a bit compelled to speak out at the time of the experiences but disbelief and ridicule quickly put a lid on that. So there was some of that, but I guess you quickly learn how to handle it.

With the internet and the forums it's also much easier to relate paranormal experiences. You still stand the chance of being ridiculed but it's not as personal as lets say being made fun off in front of a class.

"Are "experiencers" compelled to speak out?"

I don't know. I have been having odd things happen my entire life. I personally know people who have had small experiences here and there, but nothing compared to the amount I have. Lately, I have just really been wanting to talk about it, but I really don't have anyone to talk about it with except my husband. He just isn't as interested though about all of this and I don't want to bore him. I guess I just don't have anyone that I can have a fulfilling conversation with about this and get it all out there. I think that is why I joined the forum this past week.

This isn't the only time I have felt like this though. In Spring of 08 I also felt a strong need to talk about this stuff when I was really stressed. I wasn't getting enough sleep between school and work. Everything felt chaotic and I started having some hectic poltergeist activity to just add to it all. I know it was probably all self generated, but one of the only things that calmed me down and made me feel better was talking about it. It is just not a topic you can bring up to just anyone or they will think your completely coocoo-bananas.

Bogie 13p & TerraX,

Thanks for sharing.

This forum is a safe place to communicate with open minded folks.

Mike C!

Back