• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are Aliens Already Among Us?

Are aliens already among us?

• UFOs and aliens are pure fiction or fabrication.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UFOs are real but the aliens don't interact with us.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • UFOs are real and sometimes the aliens interact with us.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • UFOs are real and aliens regularly interact with us during abductions and experiments.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • UFOs are real and the aliens have taken on human form and are clandestinely living among us.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • UFOs are real but anyone who thinks aliens are living among us is nuts.

• Aliens are here to feed on humans and terraform Earth, or just have some fun at our expense!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Tackling the Fantastic

Someone else on the Paracast wrote that the best place to hide the truth is between to big lies. Are we blinding ourselves to the possibility that aliens may already be living among us because we don't want to be associated with the Grand Reptilian Conspiracy on one side, and the mentally delusional on the other? Is there a third and more reasonable option in the middle? For the sake of argument, let's assume aliens have taken on human form and are living clandestinely among us at this very moment. What evidence and logic can we come up with to support that idea? First of all, let's remove all the stigmatization surrounding reptilian government conspiracies, UFO religions, contactees and the like. Then let's focus on some possibilities that would move the concept of alien integration into the realm of plausibility.

One possibility is that if the aliens are extraterrestrial, they didn't make the trip in biological form, but instead downloaded their consciousness into solid state memory banks. Why do that? There are several very good reasons. Although interstellar travel is possible, there are enormous challenges involving time and resources. The downloading of consciousness reduces these challenges significantly. It would require very little maintenance and would last a very long time. A ship travelling well under light speed could take thousands of years to arrive at its destination and the crew would be none the wiser regarding the passage of time.This would also reduce fuel and energy requirements and eliminate the need to carry biological rations and supplies. Lastly, literally millions of passengers could be transported in this manner. An entire civilization could in theory be saved from destruction.

Upon reaching their destination the mission would be to reanimate the crew and passengers using the local resources. This would in require surveying the planet and creating a plan that would facilitate reanimation into a form compatible with the local environment. To do that, physical samples would be needed from the environment and the life forms which inhabit it. After that, intense study and experimentation would be required in order to produce compatible host bodies. This fits the historical pattern of UFO sightings which began primarily as craft alone, followed by robotic creatures, then spindly incomplete creatures like the Grays, and then human/alien hybrids and even seemingly perfect human aliens like the Nordics.

Upon reanimating themselves into human form, it would only be natural to begin a process of integration. Yes this all seems fantastic. But Whole Brain Emulation ( WBE ) is taken seriously by science, and so is interstellar travel. By combining the two ideas a lot of problems for extended times and energy requirements are solved. In the context of ufology this strategy also explains a lot of seemingly unnecessary behavior by our alien visitors. It may be fantastic, but such a strategy is plausible, and if we can see the benefits of using it ourselves, is it really all that crazy to think another spacefaring race hasn't already tried it out? I don't think so.

Grant it, we don't know if the aliens are extraterrestrial in origin, but maybe this same strategy applies to other situations as well. Perhaps biological material cannot be safely transported through trans-universal portals or time distortions or whatever, but specially designed craft and data can. The bottom line here is that if alien craft are a reality then so are the aliens that made them, and it's scientifically possible that one could be standing right next to you in the elevator. If this is true, and the government has also figured this out, then they also have a really good reason not to disclose it. Phrases like "you can't handle the truth" would actually be true for most people. Imagine the consequences of that kind of disclosure.

Last edited:
So if aliens are living among us now, should we fear them more than they should fear us? What would such a disclosure mean for society? Some of these issues are dramatized on the current TV series Defiance, and in the 1980s TV series Alien Nation, and in a more sinister portrayal, the classic TV series The Invaders. Another excellent sci-fi portrayal was the 2010 move District 9. Movies depicting clandestine alien integration rather than overt invasion are more rare, but the 1996 film The Arrival comes close, and of course there has been the popular MIB series starring Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. Perhaps the best of all clandestine integration films is the cult classic They Live directed by John Carpenter.

In the film They Live the aliens can only be detected by wearing special sunglasses that reveal the real world in black and white, a world in which aliens live side by side with unsuspecting humans who are controlled by the illusions of mass media. But we're not in the movies and we don't have any special sunglasses to help us tell the aliens from the rest of us. If the reanimation from WBE theory is correct, they wouldn't be much different than we are genetically, and only specialized equipment would be able to tell them apart from us. In essence they would become us.

Last edited:
Gene, if you remember a while back on one episode you asked any aliens who might be listening to contact the Paracast (at my request). I really do think there is a very strong possibility ET's/Ultra-terrestrials/Interdimensional people walk among us. Last time I was in Baltimore I swear a non-human was driving the taxi (shades of MIB).

Ufology, why would aliens come to Earth just to be human? Wouldn't that be just more humans?
What if we had that tech and sent it to Zeta Reticuli just to be Zeta Reticulans. What would be the point?

BTW, "They Live" was a kick-ass flick.:)

Tackling the Fantastic

Someone else on the Paracast wrote that the best place to hide the truth is between to big lies. Are we blinding ourselves to the possibility that aliens may already be living among us because we don't want to be associated with the Grand Reptilian Conspiracy on one side, and the mentally delusional on the other? Is there a third and more reasonable option in the middle? For the sake of argument, let's assume aliens have taken on human form and are living clandestinely among us at this very moment. What evidence and logic can we come up with to support that idea? First of all, let's remove all the stigmatization surrounding reptilian government conspiracies, UFO religions, contactees and the like. Then let's focus on some possibilities that would move the concept of alien integration into the realm of plausibility.

One possibility is that if the aliens are extraterrestrial, they didn't make the trip in biological form, but instead downloaded their consciousness into solid state memory banks. Why do that? There are several very good reasons. Although interstellar travel is possible, there are enormous challenges involving time and resources. The downloading of consciousness reduces these challenges significantly. It would require very little maintenance and would last a very long time. A ship travelling well under light speed could take thousands of years to arrive at its destination and the crew would be none the wiser regarding the passage of time.This would also reduce fuel and energy requirements and eliminate the need to carry biological rations and supplies. Lastly, literally millions of passengers could be transported in this manner. An entire civilization could in theory be saved from destruction.

Upon reaching their destination the mission would be to reanimate the crew and passengers using the local resources. This would in require surveying the planet and creating a plan that would facilitate reanimation into a form compatible with the local environment. To do that, physical samples would be needed from the environment and the life forms which inhabit it. After that, intense study and experimentation would be required in order to produce compatible host bodies. This fits the historical pattern of UFO sightings which began primarily as craft alone, followed by robotic creatures, then spindly incomplete creatures like the Grays, and then human/alien hybrids and even seemingly perfect human aliens like the Nordics.

Upon reanimating themselves into human form, it would only be natural to begin a process of integration. Yes this all seems fantastic. But Whole Brain Emulation ( WBE ) is taken seriously by science, and so is interstellar travel. By combining the two ideas a lot of problems for extended times and energy requirements are solved. In the context of ufology this strategy also explains a lot of seemingly unnecessary behavior by our alien visitors. It may be fantastic, but such a strategy is plausible, and if we can see the benefits of using it ourselves, is it really all that crazy to think another spacefaring race hasn't already tried it out? I don't think so.

Grant it, we don't know if the aliens are extraterrestrial in origin, but maybe this same strategy applies to other situations as well. Perhaps biological material cannot be safely transported through trans-universal portals or time distortions or whatever, but specially designed craft and data can. The bottom line here is that if alien craft are a reality then so are the aliens that made them, and it's scientifically possible that one could be standing right next to you in the elevator. If this is true, and the government has also figured this out, then they also have a really good reason not to disclose it. Phrases like "you can't handle the truth" would actually be true for most people. Imagine the consequences of that kind of disclosure.

Great Scot .. that actually made sense.. :confused:

Ufology, why would aliens come to Earth just to be human? Wouldn't that be just more humans?
What if we had that tech and sent it to Zeta Reticuli just to be Zeta Reticulans. What would be the point?
BTW, "They Live" was a kick-ass flick.:)

I really have to get a copy of They Live fro my cult sci-fi collection. So what would be the point of reanimating in human form. I guess the first point is that lugging along thousands of tons of bio-matter that takes up a pile of cargo space and requires enormous amounts of energy to maintain and accelerate to an appreciable fraction of light speed is a really inefficient way of going about interstellar travel. However downloading consciousness into energy efficient, long life, lightweight memory modules, and using the physical materials and designs native to the destination makes a lot more sense. The second point would be that because we humans are the native design that is the most adapted and intelligent on this planet, we would make the best design template. Plus there are other advantages like blending in and avoiding all the problems associated with detection, segregation and outright xenophobic annihilation.

Plus there are many who would argue that the physical design of the body is largely irrelevant provided that consciousness is able to be transferred intact. This sort of challenges the rationale that genetic transference is required in order to perpetuate a species, but then again there are those among us who believe that a merging with machines is the next step in our own evolution. There is also the possibility that an alien design could utilize an appearance that is externally indistinguishable from the rest of us, but includes enhancements in perception, longevity, and brain power. Gene's suggestion is also not as off the wall as we might suspect either. Once a foothold is established, the process of terraforming to accommodate the aliens original design could be part of a longer term plan. Maybe that's where the chemtrails come into play ;) . I'm not saying that all this is what's happening. That's the difference between responsible ufology and the fringe element. We're just having some fun here with some interesting possibilities.

Last edited:
Of course, there's another way to send people to the stars, Kare said, not by sending them physically but by sending them as information on a laser beam.
The first stage is downloading your brain into a computer, then have a copy emailed to Alpha Centauri, where pre-positioned nanotech robots build you a new body. "You wouldn't even notice the 4.3 years you spend in transit.

Reaching for interstellar flight - Technology & science - Space | NBC News

My personal view is there may be another layer to this story

That being, if such technology is possible (and i believe it is), then the vast majority of advanced species would be post biological in nature.
It would be a logical step in the evolution of sentience and would be a natural expression of the survival imperative we see in most life forms in the terrestrial model.

As biological lifeforms we tend to think of our mode of existance as the pinnacle of existance, but it just may be that its a temporary phase in the scheme of things and as such hold the same relative stature as primative stone age tribesmen in comparrison to the greater majority of modern urban dwelling humans in the world today.

ONE of the world's last Stone Age tribes has murdered two fishermen whose boat drifted on to a desert island in the Indian Ocean.
The Sentinelese, thought to number between 50 and 200, have rebuffed all contact with the modern world, firing a shower of arrows at anyone who comes within range.
They are believed to be the last pre-Neolithic tribe in the world to remain isolated and appear to have survived the 2004 Asian tsunami.
Stone Age tribe kills fishermen - World - smh.com.au

Its an interesting comparrison, these people know we exist, they see our sky chariots and structured craft, but we leave them alone for the most part..........

We find their existance interesting, but we are in no hurry to uplift them into our modern electricity age paradigm.

I think post biological sentience is likely to interact with us on the same basis

If there are aliens among us, that leaves open the possibility that they could be posting on the Paracast forum. Queue Twilight Zone music :)

"Of course, there's another way to send people to the stars, Kare said, not by sending them physically but by sending them as information on a laser beam.
The first stage is downloading your brain into a computer, then have a copy emailed to Alpha Centauri, where pre-positioned nanotech robots build you a new body. "You wouldn't even notice the 4.3 years you spend in transit."

That point is certainly worthy of mention. There was also a movie that is based on that idea with Donald Sutherland called Virus. The biggest problem with data based teleportation is that its success is dependent upon having a receiver at the other end. No receiver means mission failure. Also, even the finest laser beam widens out over distance, so by the time it reaches another star system it would be almost completely dissipated. In contrast, physically transporting data along with the technology to reanimate vastly increases the chance of success.

This is new to me so disregard if this has already been posted in the forum. At least 4 different species have been visiting earth for thousands of years and there's even a couple of them living at an Air Force base. What the?

This is new to me so disregard if this has already been posted in the forum. At least 4 different species have been visiting earth for thousands of years and there's even a couple of them living at an Air Force base. What the?

Although the concept of aliens among us is reasonable to consider from a theoretical perspective, it's completely irresponsible to promote unsubstantiated conspiratorial sensationalized claims of alien integration as an actual reality. These grandstanding agents of disinformation only serve to either obscure the real truth or discourage serious inquiry. Once we start down that road, no matter which way we go, we come out on the losing end. My position as a member of USI is that although those particular claimants are a colorful part of fringe ufology, they shouldn't be taken seriously until they can offer verifiable and substantial evidence of their claims. In the meantime I believe responsible ufologists should keep an open but skeptical mind with respect to the possibility that aliens may be among us, and to remain receptive to real evidence. I realize this sounds somewhat hypocritical in light of my recent pleas not to relegate ufology as a whole to the realm of entertainment, however I believe my viewpoint is justified based on the comparative weight of the evidence substantiating the reality of UFOs ( alien craft ) compared to these other fringe claims.

Some random thoughts on the matter...

If reincarnation is true (and that's a big IF) and there's life all over the universe, I have wondered before if some "people" are aliens trying out a human experience, and abductions are just their own people coming to collect data from them as if they were a probe.

Our bodies are nothing but wet biomechanical devices. Hell, to an alien culture with a 3 billion year head start on us our bodies may even be primitive devices.

That leads to the Star Trek situation: do they have a general non-interference rule? It would seem that way. Everyone always asks why they don't land on the White House lawn.

My personal guess is that it's some mix of nuts and bolts visitors and some visitors that are lifeforms that are too advanced for us to understand. If there's some good guys, they probably don't want to interfere. If there's bad guys, they probably just don't want to draw attention to themselves.

I don't believe anything coming out of the guy's mouth, but when Cliff Stone claimed we have 57 species catalogued that didn't seem too unbelievable to me. The universe (possible multiverse) is too big for me to get a handle on really. Our furthest probe is just now by the edge of the solar system and it took a long time to get there. We've essentially barely even been the end of our own block.

Some random thoughts on the matter ... If reincarnation is true (and that's a big IF) and there's life all over the universe, I have wondered before if some "people" are aliens trying out a human experience, and abductions are just their own people coming to collect data from them as if they were a probe ...

Your big IF above is acknowledged. But for the sake of discussion, the popular notion of reincarnation where our mind naturally rises off our biological brain upon death and is transferred to another brain in another body by some unknown means, is very unlikely, and even if it does somehow happen, our identities in our present state of evolution are too integrated with our bodies for such a transference to qualify as a true continuity of personhood. Simply put, dead Alice ≠ Living Bob. However assuming we reach the singularity between man and machine, these barriers will dissolve and an identifiable physical means of providing continuity of consciousness will make reincarnation a technological reality. Interestingly your suggestion that aliens may be "trying out a human experience" was introduced at least a couple of decades ago as a concept called walk-ins. Walk-ins are considered by conservative ufology to be another fringe claim. There is no evidence that anyone has actually taken on the persona ( à la K-Pax ) of an alien who can substantiate that they are actually the alien they claim to be.

our identities in our present state of evolution are too integrated with our bodies for such a transference to qualify as a true continuity of personhood. Simply put, dead Alice ≠ Living Bob.

This is an excellent point. The New Ager's get around that by saying that we're all just actors on a stage, each taking turns at different roles in different personas. That's a hard sell though to you or me both I'd imagine.

However assuming we reach the singularity between man and machine, these barriers will dissolve and an identifiable physical means of providing continuity of consciousness will make reincarnation a technological reality.

I like this idea too. Hell, maybe the "Matrix" style theories are true and we're already living in a big computer without realizing it. Maybe the dreaded "spirituality" word is some form of advanced technology? It would give credence to Clarke's famous "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" quote.

Interestingly your suggestion that aliens may be "trying out a human experience" was introduced at least a couple of decades ago as a concept called walk-ins. Walk-ins are considered by conservative ufology to be another fringe claim. There is no evidence that anyone has actually taken on the persona ( à la K-Pax ) of an alien who can substantiate that they are actually the alien they claim to be.

Ya know, I've heard the phrase "walk-ins" before but never bothered to look into it at all. Maybe I will now, thanks for sharing that. Never seen K-Pax either - worth a watch? I'm a terrible cynic when it comes to movies haha.

Where is the face palm emoticon when it's REALLY needed. :rolleyes: From the article that Mike posted: "Any technology current today will require a 'miracle' of one sort or another to send a probe to the next star in a reasonable time," Howe said.

That's another way of stating that IT is currently located dead smack in the middle of impossible ville. That's not to state however that someday it might not be possible as well. Someday it very well may be possible, or like the present time in which we all live, it may remain for all practical purposes an utter impossibility.

Anything is possible.

BTW, thanks to MR. Obama, we got more than enough aliens walking around among us right now.

Never seen K-Pax either - worth a watch? I'm a terrible cynic when it comes to movies haha.
K-Pax is almost Grade-B and doesn't quite make it as a classic or cult film. It's in a kind of nowhereland of sci-fi cinema. Its drawing card for me was Kevin Spacey. Otherwise I probably would never have bothered watching it. You're not the only movie cynic out there ;) .

That's another way of stating that IT ( interstellar travel ) is currently located dead smack in the middle of impossible ville.

Have you ever considered writing pessimist books for children. You could start with The Little Engine That Couldn't. Once upon a time in the dreary little town of Impossible Ville there was a little engine on a little railway who longed to climb to the top of the tall mountain. Every day he would look at that mountain and say "It's too hard. It's too high. It's too much. It's just impossible, and I'll never reach the top of that mountain."
"That's right." said the Big Engine That Couldn't. You're being realistic. Don't waste your time on things that are impossible. Stay here in this dreary little town in this dreary little valley until your little frame rusts into the ground. Don't look for the possibilities because they don't exist. Seeing possibilities is for fools and dreamers. So the Little Engine That Couldn't never saw the possibilities and never climbed to the top of that mountain, and eventually his little frame was melted down and recycled. The End.

Or here's another approach ...

Last edited:
Back