• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 22, 2018 — Dr. Dean Radin with Don Ecker and Michael Allen

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Mostly a change of pace for The Paracast, and a direction we hope to explore further in the future.

In this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+, we feature Don Ecker and Michael Allen talking about Dr. Radin's theories and other topics.

If you're not a member of The Paracast+, it's time to join.

For more information, check: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

I'm impressed that Dr. Radin has had Nobel Laureates endorse his book. I may renew my Audible subscription.

I confess I was confused. I have never assumed that I am great intellect, so this doesn't upset me. I just felt that Dean Radin was talking from 2 point-of-views. Anyone can graciously correct my understanding. On one hand he seemed to claim that all paranormal events were a manifestation of our own subconscious, which evidently has magical powers. He seemed to deny any spiritual reality that could be interfacing with us via Ouija board or other means. He seemed to emphasize that the danger of such practices would be the unleashing of the subconscious, such as depicted in the movie FORBIDDEN PLANET. OK, I disagree totally with him, but he is a scientist and I understand that he seeks to make sense of reality via that method. But then he seemed to turn around and countenance life-after-death in some form and even reincarnation. I just felt some cognitive dissonance. I certainly do not have the scientific knowledge of the guest host. Much of what he referred to from quantum physics (or whatever it was) went right over my head. But at times I felt that everyone was skirting around the basic issue of what is magic to Dean Radin? Is it just another name for the New Age Law of Attraction and psychic ability? Is the word magic just a marketing ploy to make his observations more interesting to the general dumbed down public? Or was magic his concept of a capital C Consciousness, which (gasp) could be called a God in the older terminology, whereas we are all the little c's (consciousness grubbing around here like better dressed ants)?

I dunno. I liked the show but did not leave it with a very clear idea of what Radin believes. He may be responsible for that since it just seemed that he changed his mind. If we can live after death in some other form and reincarnate, then why couldn't there be a spiritual realm where entities can communicate and mess with us? To me, the danger of a Ouija board is that it can bring forth (as permission) an entity you don't want around you. Classically they would be called Lower Astral beings. I have had some life experience here and they do exist and they do mess with us. I actually think that telling people that their worst danger is the unleashing of subconscious energy is malpractice.

Well, what do I know?

As Gene and Michael Allen will affirm, my take on Dean Radin was he spoke out of both sides of his mouth. I respect his work but do doubt his conclusions. I am not a scientist nor a PhD. Yes I went to college but my major was history. I spent years as a cop which means I learned (sometimes in a very hard way) that 2 plus 2 means 4, not 5 or 6. I studied the paranormal for years which means I am comfortable with the conclusion that there is a process where external influences do manifest. Radin claims to not believe that, fine. Like we discussed with the spirit board, I will not have one in my house. He seemed to acknowledge they could be dangerous, but if there is no external influence ... how? Nah, I do think there are negative influences ... take it for what it is worth.

Decker

Found the episode quite enjoyable and Dr Dean Radin excellent speaker. The ESP aspect of late Ingo Swann part of the discussion which Don gave excellent description of late Ingo Swann abilities (during his service ), which no doubt has some form still being utilised by the Russians and Chinese today. Furthermore , prior to listening to the Paracast show I watched Don's lecture on Youtube about 'the lunar activity through history'. More importantly late Mr Ingo Swann had ability to read using Remote Viewing with some type of connection of the past and the future which not restricted to Earth's gravity it seems with the ability to see offworld? Also having experienced so called OBE and NDE which does blow your mind of the capabilities and trying to understand how the human mind at works during these events. The ongoing activity as others on this forum having seen crazy stuff and experienced odd events which seem to be physical in nature. For example UFO landings ? and more than one eyewitness encounter with unknown animals in suburban and forrest locations which leave physical evidence ? Could there be some natural artificial intelligence at play and what controls the activity ? Co-host Michael Allen refer to 'computer simulation' and the interaction inside a Matrix' concept produced during the paranormal events be the virus ? Dr Dean Radin did any other astronauts experience so called 'missing time' during the space mission? Also what angle does poltergeist activity play its part in subconsciousness and ESP? What's Dr Dean Radin thoughts on Druids (King Arthur mythology ?) and Gypsies their beliefs in forms of magic?

Last edited:
I confess I was confused. I have never assumed that I am great intellect, so this doesn't upset me. I just felt that Dean Radin was talking from 2 point-of-views. Anyone can graciously correct my understanding. On one hand he seemed to claim that all paranormal events were a manifestation of our own subconscious, which evidently has magical powers. He seemed to deny any spiritual reality that could be interfacing with us via Ouija board or other means. He seemed to emphasize that the danger of such practices would be the unleashing of the subconscious, such as depicted in the movie FORBIDDEN PLANET. OK, I disagree totally with him, but he is a scientist and I understand that he seeks to make sense of reality via that method. But then he seemed to turn around and countenance life-after-death in some form and even reincarnation. I just felt some cognitive dissonance. I certainly do not have the scientific knowledge of the guest host. Much of what he referred to from quantum physics (or whatever it was) went right over my head. But at times I felt that everyone was skirting around the basic issue of what is magic to Dean Radin? Is it just another name for the New Age Law of Attraction and psychic ability? Is the word magic just a marketing ploy to make his observations more interesting to the general dumbed down public? Or was magic his concept of a capital C Consciousness, which (gasp) could be called a God in the older terminology, whereas we are all the little c's (consciousness grubbing around here like better dressed ants)?

I dunno. I liked the show but did not leave it with a very clear idea of what Radin believes. He may be responsible for that since it just seemed that he changed his mind. If we can live after death in some other form and reincarnate, then why couldn't there be a spiritual realm where entities can communicate and mess with us? To me, the danger of a Ouija board is that it can bring forth (as permission) an entity you don't want around you. Classically they would be called Lower Astral beings. I have had some life experience here and they do exist and they do mess with us. I actually think that telling people that their worst danger is the unleashing of subconscious energy is malpractice.

Well, what do I know?

Consciousness IS the interaction between our awareness and matter. I think of my wife and I love something that is personified in a "body". Same with my children. In fact, I believe "matter" only represents what awareness actually means. It is like a child who does not know how to build something but then starts playing with Lagos. Matter does not seem to influence this dimension, sure it bends to the rules, but without consciousness, matter is truly inanimate and would churn like the sun rises and sets.

Here is a concept for thought;

Are the current sub_atom theories i.e. "dimensions" simply wrong? There is a dualistic nature to matter, it takes both the observer and the object to make it exist. This was the foundation Newton used to advance the notion of math being the language of God.

No one could be in both locations of a "spooky at a distance" event, therefore physics only exist if experienced and an assumption is made as to what the consequence was on the other end.

What if matter is the first dimension, and the second is consciousness? That means the third is more in line with this weeks discussion. Is that not the point Dean was making?

Look up more often, and reach out more often than you do...

TDSR

Back