• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 19 - Kimball & Stevens

Eastlink in Eastern Canada (and eventually nationally). We have a distributor in Toronto that will hopefully take it to the US, and everywhere else. :)

Ah ok thanks. UK tv sucks so much.... i guess until then i'll have to keep watching re-runs of 'The Dog Whisperer', you can never watch too much of that show in my opinion

Ah ok thanks. UK tv sucks so much.... i guess until then i'll have to keep watching re-runs of 'The Dog Whisperer', you can never watch too much of that show in my opinion

Holly and I will be filming 4 episodes in the UK in mid to late May, and then staying around for a while to take a vacation, so we'll be there on the ground, if not quite on the telly... yet! :)

Holly and I will be filming 4 episodes in the UK in mid to late May, and then staying around for a while to take a vacation, so we'll be there on the ground, if not quite on the telly... yet! :)

Oh oh! If any of the places you visit in the UK do actually turn out to be haunted please let us know and i'll go check it out myself sometime.

The only place in the UK i can remember thats haunted is the storage area of the London 'House of Fraser' department store. When i was at uni, I had a friend who worked there and he said the storage area underground used to be a prison/dungeon in medieval or some other era (i dont remember which).
Anyway, he was a very 'no-nonsense' type who didnt believe "in any of that rubbish" but he said members of staff were petrified to go down there as it was so scary and they were always hearing and seeing thinngs.... even my friend said it was extremely creepy down there.
One day i met him for a few beers after work and he was white as a sheet. when i asked him why, he said he had just been down in the storeromm/dungeon, and was quite deep into it in one of the cells, and he had heard a little girl giggling in either then next cell, or the same one as him (i forget which).
It was really funny to watch him wrestle with the idea in his mind but apparently there definately wasnt anyone else down there, and i am 100% sure he wasnt mking it up.
I didnt think of it at the time but looking back i think perhaps he might have heard a mouse squeeking, and mistaken it for a little girl giggling at him just because it was so creepy down there.

Holly:

Try to find a book called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Strassman.

I agree - the idea that paranormal events and experiences with DMT/Ayahuasca are somehow linked it is extremely fascinating.

Holly:

Try to find a book called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Strassman.

I agree - the idea that paranormal events and experiences with DMT/Ayahuasca are somehow linked it is extremely fascinating.

That is indeed a fascinating book. I have a copy which I'll lend to Holly.

PK

Oh oh! If any of the places you visit in the UK do actually turn out to be haunted please let us know and i'll go check it out myself sometime.

Will do!

The only place in the UK i can remember thats haunted is the storage area of the London 'House of Fraser' department store. When i was at uni, I had a friend who worked there and he said the storage area underground used to be a prison/dungeon in medieval or some other era (i dont remember which).

I thought all of the UK was haunted! ;)

PK

It strikes me, having read the comments on the April 12 thread (the Sherwoods), and the criticisms they're taking for their absolute certainty, that folks will enjoy Holly and I - two loveable loons who don't have a clue what's going on, but like to ask questions. ;)

As long as you arent going to base all your theories of 'ufo's/ghosts/the universe' upon an out of date high school physics book, and a dusty old book on how plants like music, as they did, then i'm definately looking forward to it! :p

As long as you arent going to base all your theories of 'ufo's/ghosts/the universe' upon an out of date high school physics book, and a dusty old book on how plants like music, as they did, then i'm definately looking forward to it! :p

Uh oh... Holly, if you're reading this, head to Chapters and pick us up some new physics books. I'm still using some fossilized ones Stan Friedman gave me several years ago... I could have sworn that ghosts used nuclear rockets to get here. Oh well. ;)

Uh oh... Holly, if you're reading this, head to Chapters and pick us up some new physics books. I'm still using some fossilized ones Stan Friedman gave me several years ago... I could have sworn that ghosts used nuclear rockets to get here. Oh well. ;)

Copy that...
mission complete.

As I listen to the program, I realize that I owe David an answer as to the equipment we're using. Sorry David - that dropped off my radar screen over the past couple of weeks (busy, busy), so I'll get on that and get you the answers.

Paul

The apparitions-and-UFOs-as-time-travel bit was thought provoking.

I quite like the idea that the key to the UFO mystery, the Big Message, might be people from the future trying to reassure us: "See, one day you will get your flying car".

On a somewhat serious note:
Abductions if real imply a degree of interaction/real travel across time rather than simply viewing, but at least some things (such as the alleged hybridisation) would make a little sense under that interpretation. If they're truly non-human it makes no sense whatsoever.
The entities described by Betty Hill would be very credible as future humans (Zeta Reticuli notwithstanding - and they could be "colonials" after all). The Strieberesque variety less so: Taken at face value it seems their necks would be inadequate to support their heads. But I don't give Strieber a lot of credence in any case.
Time travel adds also adds an interesting twist to the "they've always been here" theme (which to be honest I don't think is as well supported by the evidence as most of you do): if our past is their past as well (as is our present), it follows that we're intimately associated.
Oh here's a thought. Someone was asking a while ago about genetic studies of abductees - here's something to check: how many of them have children, and over time how many of them have children who have children? Perhaps they are interesting because they represent the common ancestors of the future population. Or because they don't (they might be wanting to sample the lines that didn't persist until their present, to improve genetic diversity. One or the other. Or both. Or neither).

All that said, I like the idea of ghosts and UFOs as instances of seeing/perceiving another time without anything necessarily moving between times.

Great show guys! 2hrs just flew by. Nice to hear you back on the Paracast Paul, and Holly hope youll be back after England to relate more spooky stuff.

Also, Gene, awesome to hear you speak so much! Not to mention a couple of those jokes were actually funny! Must be having a good week;):D

I like the way Paul mentioned that he listened to Bassett on the Paracast... and his reactions to the show. His honesty is appreciated about the subjects he talks about and I look forward to hearing him speak again.
Holly sounds like she really delves into the ghost subject and fits into the Paracast interview perfectly. I wonder if here in Australia we will see your show.... I hope so. Cheers!! :D

The apparitions-and-UFOs-as-time-travel bit was thought provoking.

I quite like the idea that the key to the UFO mystery, the Big Message, might be people from the future trying to reassure us: "See, one day you will get your flying car".

On a somewhat serious note:
Abductions if real imply a degree of interaction/real travel across time rather than simply viewing, but at least some things (such as the alleged hybridisation) would make a little sense under that interpretation. If they're truly non-human it makes no sense whatsoever.
The entities described by Betty Hill would be very credible as future humans (Zeta Reticuli notwithstanding - and they could be "colonials" after all). The Strieberesque variety less so: Taken at face value it seems their necks would be inadequate to support their heads. But I don't give Strieber a lot of credence in any case.
Time travel adds also adds an interesting twist to the "they've always been here" theme (which to be honest I don't think is as well supported by the evidence as most of you do): if our past is their past as well (as is our present), it follows that we're intimately associated.
Oh here's a thought. Someone was asking a while ago about genetic studies of abductees - here's something to check: how many of them have children, and over time how many of them have children who have children? Perhaps they are interesting because they represent the common ancestors of the future population. Or because they don't (they might be wanting to sample the lines that didn't persist until their present, to improve genetic diversity. One or the other. Or both. Or neither).

All that said, I like the idea of ghosts and UFOs as instances of seeing/perceiving another time without anything necessarily moving between times.

If - and it's a quantum sized "if" - the Hill incident actually happened, I find it difficult to believe that the Hills ran into the only "legitimate" aliens who actually felt compelled to tell an abductee where they came from... which of course the ETHers accept as gospel. Perhaps it's more likely that they are from the future, but are bound by some temporal prime directive not to reveal when they are from... ergo, they spread "disinformation" about who and what they are.

Hey, if our governments can do it... ;)

The Strieberesque variety less so: Taken at face value it seems their necks would be inadequate to support their heads.

The morphological aspect of aliens is interesting. The variety of descriptions may demonstrate the conditions under which these beings are subjected to on their home planet or in inter-stellar conditions.

A life-bearing planet with less mass or gravity might encourage the development of tall beings with lower requirements for neck support. ;)
The lack of light on a red dwarf might encourage the development of large eyes in order to capture as many photons as possible.

A homeless race, travelling on a massive survival ark because their star became a red giant and swallowed their home planet might have developed bizarre adaptative characteristics.

Migrating to a planet like the earth might be a very long adaptation process possible only through hybrid or genetic modification of their own breed so that they are eventually able to support the level of radiation, gravity or other parameters of our planet. (thus the abductions ;)).

The movie 'War of the worlds' demonstrated the ultimate effect of not adapting your breed to an alien environment. An intelligent race would understand the need for adaptive measures you would think ? Abductions make sense... when you need a new home world (yikes)

Holly sounds like she really delves into the ghost subject and fits into the Paracast interview perfectly.

Holly is exactly the kind of person the paranormal field needs more of - bright, open-minded but agnostic, and possessed of a real sense of wonder about the possibilities. She's 100% the real deal, and 100% gold! :)

I wonder if here in Australia we will see your show.... I hope so. Cheers!! :D

You, me, and my co-producer all share the same hope!!

Paul

Well i have only had time to listen to the first hour, but so far so good.
I think you and Holly sound like you make a really good team and i bet the TV show will be great.

Perhaps it's more likely that they are from the future, but are bound by some temporal prime directive not to reveal when they are from... ergo, they spread "disinformation" about who and what they are.

The thing is, if they are from the future then they seem to have a means of travel that can get them from one planet to another (infinite acceleration of the belgian triangle UFO as an example).
So if these craft have the ability to travel between stars, then it would presumably mean that there is a higher chance of them being from another planet (and possibly also from the future) since there are billions of plannets out there.
I am explaining a bit crap, but if you have something that could have come from anywhere, and then you look at the two options:
1. Earth
2. One of the billions of other planets

It would seem probability-wise, that they would more likely be from one of the other planets, simply because there is more of them.
On the other hand, since we are actually on earth, the futurists (futuroids, whatever you want to call them) would probably be more interested in their own planets history :confused:

Sorry if what i am writing is nonsense, i had a long day at work :confused:

If - and it's a quantum sized "if" - the Hill incident actually happened, I find it difficult to believe that the Hills ran into the only "legitimate" aliens who actually felt compelled to tell an abductee where they came from... which of course the ETHers accept as gospel. Perhaps it's more likely that they are from the future, but are bound by some temporal prime directive not to reveal when they are from... ergo, they spread "disinformation" about who and what they are.

They might also lie for laughs, because it's fun watching the locals drive themselves nuts (and even more fun watching them form themselves into cults and pretending to be on a first-name basis and so on).
I don't buy the assumption many people seem to make that everything whoever-they-are do is part of a cunning plan or has a purpose: I'm prepared to assume they share the freedom (and let's be honest, propensity) of an intelligent species to be arseholes, morons and puerile jerks, and at times simply not very bright. Just because they have neat toys doesn't tell us anything about them individually.

Back