• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 12th Show

Free episodes:

Quick point - How does nuclear physics and physicist become so entangled with semiconductor technology - wouldn't this field be more appropriate with a material or metallurgy scientist - and who has allocated the funding for research to be given to design this new unique portofolio of elements for the eventual creation of new technology? Based on calculations thrown out of crop circle data? -

Let us know the companies/universities involved before I acknowledge the guests remarks.

It probably doesn't help that I have a pounding headache as I'm listening to this week's show. It's certainly not helping matters...

I've skimmed through the comments and most have nailed this guy down for his biggest sin: certainty. How the hell can he be certain some crop circles are of extra-terrestrial origin when NOBODY can be certain there even are extra-terrestrials?!

What galls me most is the hypocrisy of his comments towards the end. I think they can be best summerized as "Abandon your beliefs and keep an open mind when it comes to crop circles... unless it's something I've said because I KNOW it's the TRUTH!"

Ow. My head...

What galls me most is the hypocrisy of his comments towards the end. I think they can be nest summerized as "Abandon your beliefs and keep an open mind when it comes to crop circles... unless it's something I've said because I KNOW it's the TRUTH!"

I didn't reach the end of this particular podcast, I think now I know why hehe.

I don't dislike the guys, and I think they have some interesting findings regarding the microwaved nodes and what not, but it's so buried in wacky assumptions that it was a bit difficult to listen to.

I'm not going to mince my words; I don't have a lot of time tonight. THOSE PEOPLE ARE LOOPY. POSITIVELY LOOPY.

Excuse me, I have to run. There's a crop circle that wants a conversation with me.

Oh, please.

Anyway, for those who are interested in CROP CIRCLES, as I am, and want to see something interesting, check out the "
b.gif
Crop Circles: Quest for Truth" (2002) documentary. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but it's a fun watch.

Lordy. What a joke that was. Sorry! :D

Ive seen that crop circle doco that Nancy Talbot is on. Is this one better? If its worth it Ill look for a torrent of it.

This show stunk

That is all.

PS...just the guests,Gene and Dave are still my heroes.

Jeez, I'm guessing this show needed extra bandwidth to accomodate this guy's monstrous ego. Poor old partner Kris! Did you hear, towards the end, (when she finally got a word in edgeways), and she began to claim credit for discovering something or other, only to have Mr Me Me Me interupt her with an, "actually, it was a joint discovery!"

Grr, hand me the rectal probe ...

Whew... I know I talk a lot, but if I ever monopolized a conversation as much as this guy, Holly would whack me over the head with a shovel - and rightly so. :rolleyes:

Zzzzzz...

By the way David, I just listened to the Birnes interview where you hung up. Classic! :)

Wow. Those folks need to find something else to do for a while, methinks.
It's not often I hear so much speculation stated as fact. My little 'woo-woo meter" here was pegged for about 92% of the show.

It must be very convenient to have the subject of your research follow you around. To bad bigfoot isn't as accommodating as crop circles....or "universal conciousness", I guess I should say.

Thet strike me as basically nice people who rarely interact with anyone besides each other.

Not the best show y'all ever did, but not the worst, either.

My problem with this week's guests: they are much too certain of themselves. They're so overly sure of themselves that they believe that they're not overly sure of themselves.

Rhetorical question: Is there something wrong with my gender that makes us females unable to speak up on podcasts? This keeps happening over and over with podcasts I listen to. The hosts will invite on a female guest and she'll be quiet as a mouse. I'd be inclined to blame the patriarchy, but half the time the men are begging the women to contribute, and they just have nothing to say. How depressing.

Check out Karyn Dolan, she kicks ass and takes names.

It must be very convenient to have the subject of your research follow you around. To bad bigfoot isn't as accommodating as crop circles....or "universal conciousness", I guess I should say.

Indeed... although would you really want Bigfoot following you around? ;)

Well, I enjoyed this show quite a lot. I had low expectations after reading some of the first replies on the thread, but was surprised by how interesting much of it was, particularly when someone so deeply involved in the subject is prepared to concede that the vast majority of pictograms are man made.

I got a little perturbed by the whole "I sense UFOs before they arrive" thing - that is very hard to wrap one's head around. In hindsight, it might have been more interesting to spend some time on that.

I think Mr and Mrs Sherwood are doing some great work in the field (ha, punny!) even if some of the stuff he was coming out with had me scratching my head, and they sound like awfully nice people too.

There is a tiny chance that we could all end up with egg on our faces here and everything Mr Sherwood said turns out to be true. Albeit very tiny.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I once found crop circles interesting...... I've lost a lot of interest in them now. It was everything I could do to listen to the entire interview. I'd much rather listen to Ben Stein read an owners manual on a frickin' Husky chain saw, hell I'll go one step further I'd rather listen to Jeff Woolwine on 2 pots of coffee describing the shit that flies in his back yard!

Dave and Gene, my prickish-ness is not directed at you,,,, I just can't put my finger on this guy. I listened to the entire interview and have no idea what the hell he even said? Talk about lost time? Maybe that's what happened to me?

I don't know..... Dave, have you had a chance to look at any of this "video footage of the 40 or so day light sightings". I'd be interested in what you find.

~A

CCA_A_CoAF_FigA.jpg

CCA_A_Fig1AngelF.jpg

I gotta admit, listening to the first 1/2 hour or so I was very much in the "these guys are nuts" camp. I think they are on to something though with the pics from HST and the angel crop formation...I mean , look at these pix. They are very,very close....hell, they both even have the small radiating lines!! FWIW, I still think the Oliver's Castle vid is the real deal....

I don't know..... Dave, have you had a chance to look at any of this "video footage of the 40 or so day light sightings". I'd be interested in what you find.

~A

I looked at a couple of pieces he has posted on Youtube, and came away quite unimpressed. The footage is low quality, and has that balloon-like look that I've seen in a lot of faked stuff.

dB

Back