• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anyone remember the "Spirit Camera?"

Ankhes

Skilled Investigator
I have been trying to recall the name of a man who came up with a camera that he claims take photos of the subject and spirits around him/her.
I don't recall if I saw the show on Sci-Fi, or Discovery, or where. Iirc, the show featured a few people investigating the afterlife and this quack, I mean, man, showed his polaroid camera to them and took some pictures.
I believe he said the cost would be 5 figures, and all that was inside was tin foil and some pvc tubing.
I was just recalling this segment and wanted to see how others view this guy and his camera, especially the skeptic point of view, but I can't recall the name of the show or the man's name. Anyone know what I am speaking of here? I think the cast was a girl, a couple of guys, and one guy was a token skeptic.

i remember a segment about a guy who would take pix w/a polaroid and they'd have words, figures, mist, ect on the pix....is that what you're thinking of?

Raevenskye said:
i remember a segment about a guy who would take pix w/a polaroid and they'd have words, figures, mist, ect on the pix....is that what you're thinking of?

Funny, same thing came to my mind too. Think I saw it on Sightings, and/or another documentary.

Yes, I was thinking of a guy who used his polaroid to get strange images on the film.
Hmmm...Sightings? I'll check into that. That may be the show I saw it on. Even if it wasn't, there may be a forum there that could point me in the right direction. Thanks, all!

A.LeClair said:
Funny, same thing came to my mind too. Think I saw it on Sightings, and/or another documentary.

yes! Sightings! that's it. weren't those photos proven to be fake? (or were at least re-created with little difficulty?)

Ankhes said:
Yes, I was thinking of a guy who used his polaroid to get strange images on the film.
Hmmm...Sightings? I'll check into that. That may be the show I saw it on. Even if it wasn't, there may be a forum there that could point me in the right direction. Thanks, all!

Sightings is no more. Sci-fi channel used to air re-runs. I rarely watch that channel (or tv in general) so I don't know if they still do. I have their book they released and there is one photo in it I recall seeing where something ghostly wrote "Sightings" on the photo. This isn't the same case as what this thread is about however. At least I don't think it is. I don't think the guy this thread is about is dealt with in the book. I'll relook later. I'm am pretty sure the guy is dealt with on the tv show, but I don't know which episode or season.

Raevenskye said:
yes! Sightings! that's it. weren't those photos proven to be fake? (or were at least re-created with little difficulty?)

Not that I know of. The show/s I saw it on didn't prove it to be. That is all I know about it though. I'd loved to know how he did it. I recall being stumped as to how he could do it.

There's another case that came to mind where the guy projects thoughts onto pics. Unfortunately I can't recall any specifics. I saw it on a documentary long ago. This is a different person than the person who did the "writing" this thread is about...I think.

A.LeClair said:
Not that I know of. The show/s I saw it on didn't prove it to be. That is all I know about it though. I'd loved to know how he did it. I recall being stumped as to how he could do it.

There's another case that came to mind where the guy projects thoughts onto pics. Unfortunately I can't recall any specifics. I saw it on a documentary long ago. This is a different person than the person who did the "writing" this thread is about...I think.

oh yeah..i remember him too...hmmm...maybe i'll see what's on the net about that polaroid guy, tho....can be my afternoon research project!:)

A.LeClair said:
By called in, what do you mean?

I recall seeing him endorse some phony psychic hotline. Hurt his credibility in my mind.

he was called in by Sightings to "invesitgate" this guy's house. Sightings used him a lot. I could never really decide whether or not I thought he was "real"

I found the show I saw that thing on. It was "Sci-Fi Investigates." I was browsing the web and when I saw a pic of the cast I remembered that the guy with the camera was on that show. I'll have to dig some more to find his name, but that shouldn't be too difficult. As I recall, he took pics of the team and on some of their pics there were supposedly "spirits." Then, when asked how much the camera would cost, he said "five figures." I am just hoping that no-one has actually bought one from him. Talk about useless AND expensive!
Thanks for your input, everyone. Yeah, Sci-Fi Investigates. The epitomy of rational and skeptical thinking. :rolleyes:

Raevenskye said:
he was called in by Sightings to "invesitgate" this guy's house. Sightings used him a lot. I could never really decide whether or not I thought he was "real"

Ok, yeh I saw him a lot on Sightings. He was really impressive on the show. I tried finding dirt on him but never did (with the exception of seeing him endorse some psychic hotline). If anyone knows of any please post.

A.LeClair said:
Ok, yeh I saw him a lot on Sightings. He was really impressive on the show. I tried finding dirt on him but never did (with the exception of seeing him endorse some psychic hotline). If anyone knows of any please post.

I could never find anything on him either, and I remember there was something that happened that changed my opinion of him, but I can't remember now what it was...some way he "read" the spirits in an investigation or something like that....could I be more vague? hehe ;D

Back