• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anyone here ever buy a Levitron?

logramuda

Paranormal Novice
Anyone here ever buy a Levitron? Is it a pain in the arse?
Is it easy? Is it boring?
I think my son, (he's 7) would really dig it. He keeps draining
the batteries on my green laser pointer.....so..
He also keeps asking me how he can fly, I'm sick of telling him
"I don't know." Maybe this toy will inspire him to figure it out.
:confused:

That's silly, we all know there's only one way to fly: step off the roof of a tall building, aim at the ground... and miss!

I have had one but dont remember if its the same name . They can be difficult to get it to lev. Not really for a 7 year old unless you as a dad wanted to do for him ?
Chuck

CapnG said:
That's silly, we all know there's only one way to fly: step off the roof of a tall building, aim at the ground... and miss!

Alternatively, get a friend to distract you just before you hit the ground...

Kiteboarding is my preferred method of flight. Works with skateboards and snowboards if you don't have water nearby . . .

kiteboarding.jpg

. . . but watch out those landings!

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Kiteboarding is my preferred method of flight. Works with skateboards and snowboards if you don't have water nearby . . .

kiteboarding.jpg

. . . but watch out for those landings!

-DBTrek

Well, it takes all kings, I suppose, though that isn't my favorite form of recreation. Now a huge starship, of course, would seem safe and comfortable.

Gotta watch out for freak updrafts too. Here's a short video of a kiteboarder who had a wild ride on an updraft. I don't know if a starship could be much more fun than this:

UUGqqMc5mNk

Once again, gotta watch those landings. My advice . . . try to hit the water.

:D

-DBTrek

I don't have any experience with a Levitron, but I do a lot of RC flying, and a local (to you) hobby store probably carries an inexpensive, well-made, remote-controlled airplane that uses no gas, recharges on electric, and comes in for under $99.

I've got more expensive models (a B-29 with four gas engines that ran me almost $12,000, God help me), but those cheapies are just as fun to fly, much less dangerous and can take a real pounding while your young apprentice learns how to handle the craft.

Back