• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anyone else notice all the new members all the time?

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Anyone else notice that the Paracast seems to be getting new members all the time? If I had to guess Id say one new person a day signs up, because pretty much every time I look down the bottom of that page there seems to be a new member sign-up.

But were are they all? Maybe thats comon for forums, to have registered lurkers drastically outnumber posters?

Would be cool if there was 1500 regular posters. (well maybe not for you Gene, and your 'forum in an inbox' that you use:D

On any forum, a fair proportion of new members are simply spammers, looking for somewhere to post links to their crap. They're the bane of all forum admins. Used to have a forum a couple of years ago, but I ditched it, as I didn't have time to police the spammers.

Lots of forums also have lurkers, who never post. I never used to mind them.

I'm one of the new members! YAY!

I just wanted to read/comment upon the show. Also to see who else was listening/posting and to see what type of intelligent discourse might be occurring.

Besides, this forum gives me a place to think out loud- and it's a lot smaller than ATS. :eek:

fucking noobs. Seriously though, on a lot of boards people will sign up and lurk for a while before making threads. I see it all the time on the metal board I post at.

I myself listened to the podcast for quite a while before I ever took a peek at the message boards. Even now, I lurk more than I post. With three kids, my college studies and my own business this is one of my few indulgences:).

Yes! To all of the new members the Staff bid you welcome. Hang out for a while and you will see that some of the people who frequent the show also stop in to contribute to the forum. Say hello and jump in.

Hi all. Im a new member and certainly not a spammer or whatever else the tag of `new member` brings with it. Been downloadin the podcasts for what seems like forever- oh yeah, since the start! So, new or old it doesnt matter. Im here for the truth. I believe there are countless coverups and lots of cleaning up. But still we need more evidence.
Anyone wanna second that notion?

Well, I personally like New Members, ya know? It's what makes the boards more interesting and keeps discussions going, etc.

NOBODY likes New Spammers, New Trolls, etc. And I appreciate how well a job the Mods do to minimize/delete these..

Hello,

a 'lurker' here ;) I always think twice before posting anything, especially in english since I feel I could express my thoughts way more eloquently in my mothers tongue (german), and I still enjoy reading this Forum a lot.One voice of reason in a sea of utter crap.

Hello,

a 'lurker' here ;) I always think twice before posting anything, especially in english since I feel I could express my thoughts way more eloquently in my mothers tongue (german), and I still enjoy reading this Forum a lot.One voice of reason in a sea of utter crap.

Eloquence is fine, but intellectual honesty is more important. It doesn't matter what language you speak.

On any forum, a fair proportion of new members are simply spammers, looking for somewhere to post links to their crap. They're the bane of all forum admins. Used to have a forum a couple of years ago, but I ditched it, as I didn't have time to police the spammers.

Lots of forums also have lurkers, who never post. I never used to mind them.

I was a mod for awhile. There wasn't a lot of spammers believe it or not. I was a little surprised at that. One guy/gal would come around and spam cell phones and other gadgets though. I wanted to choke him.

More and more people will "discover" The Paracast over time. The cream rises to the top. (An English professor uses to tell us that all the time!)

I think being a mod would be neat and all, but I think I'd have to curtail some of my behavior towards certain people, and for that reason alone I simply could not commit to it.

There are just too many opportunities for me to make a complete ass of myself while I insult and denigrate people who deserve it.

I think being a mod would be neat and all, but I think I'd have to curtail some of my behavior towards certain people, and for that reason alone I simply could not commit to it.

There are just too many opportunities for me to make a complete ass of myself while I insult and denigrate people who deserve it.

David speaks his mind and admins. Maybe he'll let you get away wif it too?

Being a mod isn't a big deal. Some people are nicer to you, while other people take your jokes too seriously and think you think you're an elite forum dictator or something. Few times, some people would take jokes I made seriously that wouldn't have if I didn't have the mod tag I reason. Even after apologizing and explaining things, they still seemed to have doubts and thought I was Cartman the hall monitor.
Ever figure out which mod edited your post that one time? I'm still curious about that. Best that I can recall, wasn't me.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK?

SHAME! :p

Doubt it, since this is a public forum. How could anyone be talking behind someone's back in a public forum?

CAPS might piss people off btw. I don't care, but just thought I'd mention it in case you do. And again, I really don't care. Doesn't bother me. But, what does bother me, is seeing people bothered by it. So I mentioned it.

Back