• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Any thoughts on what this picture is?

jan982

Paranormal Novice
Interesting they noticed it rising from the ocean and that this one was not the only one seen. Anyone ever heard of sub launched missile tests in that area? If they were missiles, I have never heard of multiple ones being fired in a test.

Jay,

I haven't heard of tests so close to shore before. You would think that they (the DND) would be concerned about onshore witnesses observing whatever they were testing... and worried by this exact scenario, where a picture of it ends up in the media.

Plus, (and this is tongue in cheek) we Canadians are peaceful! As far as I know, our military is not equipped with the ability to launch from submarine based platforms. Last time I checked, we only had 4 subs, diesel-electric killer-hunters, and they don't shoot missiles, only torpedoes.

Weird.

I am going to try to not get conspiratorial on this one.

-J

First off she said "It appeared to come out of the ocean", not "It came out of the ocean. If the ocean was the horizon, it could have come from beyond that horizon.

It looks startlingly familiar to me. In 1991 I was not quite 17 yet. A couple of friends and I walked to the nearest Blockbuster, and after renting some movies were on our way back to one of their houses. The road we walked was an east-west road, and we were headed East. Cutting across the parking lot of a community center, we were walking uphill when we saw it. A fire in the sky, very similar to the one in the picture. As I watched I saw there were actually two objects, and through the flames we could see silver. Honestly we assumed from the size and speed that it was an airliner that had lost it's tail section (the second ball of fire) and was crashing. If I held a ruler between my hands at arms length, I would say together the parts were at least nine inches across.

It sped across the sky heading due North, and we ran to my friends car and actually tried to follow it, figuring that it would crash into the city not far down the road. We ended up getting lost downtown an hour later and as we returned it sunk in that for that size and speed to not have crashed downtown, it must have been massive, moving faster than we thought and higher up.

The more we thought about it the more we realized how odd it was to not have heard any sound. When we returned to my house (just down the block from my friends house where we were headed originally), I told my mother about it excitedly and she said it was on the news, and would be recapped any moment.

We sat down with heavy anticipation and were sorely disappointed. "And a recap of our top story, sources in the government tell us that a fire seen in the sky all over the midwest tonight was actually a Russian satellite that burned up on re-entry and crashed into Northern Arkansas."

WTF?! I could believe a Russian Satelite, but I'd have to be from Arkansas to believe it actually crashed there. How the hell did it crash in Northern Arkansas when I chased it North from the southern suburbs of Kansas City, hundreds of miles NORTH if Arkansas?!

I've questioned everything ever since. I mean, for that bullshit story to be true, it would have had to either circumnavigate the globe after I saw it, or made a 180 degree turn.

Never take the easy explanation for a fire in the sky. It's usually bull.

-Mike

Hello all,

A UFO photo out of Canada today...

I came across this in the news here in Canada today. Note in the second article, the RCMP has talked to the DND and was given an explanation, but they won't tell the public! Madness!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/01/26/nl-ufo-012610.html

and

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/01/27/nl-ufo-military-012710.html

I am really curious... a genuine UFO, or a military test of some sort? Any thoughts?

-J

Thats a ram jet dude :p nice picture of one

UPDATE:

So the CBC did a follow up on this unusual sighting... To sum it up, we have multiple witnesses, government denials, and a general consensus of "what the hell was that thing?"

My favorite part in this article is "Military experts discredit the possibility of ballistic and cruise missiles. DND's Directorate of Scientific and Technical Intelligence (DSTI) assessed the images and reported: "The object is not a ballistic missile, not a cruise missile in boost phase nor a cruise missile in-flight phase. It is also not a licensed model rocket launcher.""

So what the hell was it?!?!

Read the full update, CBC News - Canada - Newfoundland UFOs still a mystery

UPDATE:

So the CBC did a follow up on this unusual sighting... To sum it up, we have multiple witnesses, government denials, and a general consensus of "what the hell was that thing?"

My favorite part in this article is "Military experts discredit the possibility of ballistic and cruise missiles. DND's Directorate of Scientific and Technical Intelligence (DSTI) assessed the images and reported: "The object is not a ballistic missile, not a cruise missile in boost phase nor a cruise missile in-flight phase. It is also not a licensed model rocket launcher.""

So what the hell was it?!?!

Read the full update, CBC News - Canada - Newfoundland UFOs still a mystery

As has been said maybe a ram-jet?

We do know.. or should I say we now know that one is now being publicly tested.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...c-record-at-six-times-the-speed-of-sound.html

Just a thought.

Back