• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Another Tale of Coincidence

BrandonD

Skilled Investigator
Hi I thought you guys would get a kick out of this story.

For a long while now I've been living across the street from a very pretty university called St Thomas. Often I go walking around on the campus at night, the security people are really cool and just say hello.

That's the back-story. A few months ago, I was at half-price books with a friend of mine. I looked over her shoulder as she was reading a book entitled "mazes" and I pointed at a photo of the labyrinth on the floor of the Chartres cathedral. I told her that one was my favorite.

Anyway, the very next night I was alone at the St Thomas campus sitting on a bench, and I was pondering on the idea of thought affecting reality. I wondered: if thought does indeed affect reality, then that means that a person should be in the best state of mind when he goes to a new place he's never been before, no matter how small... because if the mind affects reality then there is literally the potential of anything being there.

I started walking around the campus. Soon I came to a church area and I decided to walk into the yard behind it because I hadn't been there yet.

When I walked into this area my jaw dropped. On the ground in front of me was a life-size representation of the labyrinth on the floor of the Chartres Cathedral.

I must have walked near this labyrinth 50 times, but I never noticed it because it's surrounded by rose bushes. It can only be seen if you follow the path that leads up to it.

Anyway, that was a waaaacky coincidence. I'm sitting there wondering about thought affecting reality and the potential of anything being in a new place, and I walk to a new place that is literally 1 block from my house and there on the ground is the labyrinth that I pointed out as my favorite the day before.

I'm not claiming psychic abilites or the universe validating my thoughts, just telling a strange thing that happened one night.

Back