• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anomolies against the Paradigm

Aletheum

Paranormal Novice
Anomalies against the Paradigm

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have just been reading through some threads about the possibility of ancient civilizations (not specifically all that advanced), and how this could very much shake up some scientific ideas relating to the age of humanity, and more importantly, its technological and social development.

So, what about the possibility? Anomalous fossils and artifacts have been found in numerous locations around the globe<!--[endif]-->
<o></o>
There’s an abundance of examples, which in all honesty, I am too exhausted to list here, but a nice sum of them has been put together by Leonardo Vintiñi at the Epoch Times.<!--[if !supportFootnotes]-->[FONT=&quot][1][/FONT]

What I am trying to point out is why these anomalies are being ignored? They require to be explained. Not explained away. Science, or as it should be addressed, in the plural, sciences are interesting systems, ‘systems of knowledge’, that Ron Westrum suggests are ‘systems of ignorance’<!--[if !supportFootnotes]-->[FONT=&quot].[2][/FONT]<!--[endif]--> Sorry, I think, If I keep going I’ll turn this into a rant of gigantic proportions. So what do you think? Are these anomalies worth being taken seriously? I would think they would be very important, and not only to science.
<o></o>
<!--[if !supportFootnotes]-->
<hr size="1" width="33%" align="left"> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportFootnotes]-->[FONT=&quot][1][/FONT]<!--[endif]--> Vintini, L. 2008,’ The History before History Parts I, II and III’, The Epoch Times, November 19<sup>th</sup> 2008, available at The Epoch Times<o></o>

<!--[if !supportFootnotes]-->[FONT=&quot][2][/FONT]<!--[endif]--> Westrum, R. 1986, ‘The Blind eye of Science’, Whole Earth Review, Autumn 1986

I was quite disappointed to find that a lot of the 19th century accounts were simply newspaper stories of objects of which there's no subsequent record.

There are fossils that look like shoeprints - that doesn't mean that's what they are - I think it's a case of people seeing what they want to see.

I'd almost bet money that a lot of the old accounts were invented by Creationists during the initial furore over Darwinism.

When and if truly anomalous objects are found in places where they shouldn't be (and we need to be careful about that, since there are natural processes that can lead to modern objects being found in rock), it's worth considering yet another possibility: time travel. If time travel is possible (which seems counterintuitive, but we'll see) then it would seem to follow inevitably that it has already happened - so humans (or post-humans) from the future will have dropped anything they're going to drop in the past.

Aletheum,

I am confused by your post. Were you trying to list some links here to the anamolies, cuz all I'm getting is some Paracast pages and blank pages??

Anyone else getting this?? I'd like to know what you are talking about, but am having some trouble with your code or whatever you are trying to show us.

I'd almost bet money that a lot of the old accounts were invented by Creationists during the initial furore over Darwinism.

Good Point.I was actually thinking this myself, that some of these items could be used as evidence to support creationism. But if the claim were to be true, you would think they would invent something that would correspond to their own claims of the earth being something like 6,000 to 10, 000 years old.

Back