• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Anomalous People Experiences

Free episodes:

PeteAtomic

Paranormal Novice
2 odd experiences with people who exhibited strange anatomy:

a. Camping with some friends at state park. A friend and I walked past a man speaking to somebody at a payphone at the park. His skin was very pale, with a very strange trait of being able to see much the blue veins of his vasculture in his body. Large eyes. Was speaking in a language on the phone that the closest I've ever encountered was Portuguese. Spoke very excitedly in this foreign language. My friend told me 'not to stare at him'..

b. Walking at night in the small town I grew up. I noticed behind me an extremely tall, bald man wearing a black all body trenchcoat turn a corner and travel the opposite direction from me. He was not only amazingly tall, well over 6 ft. if not near 7., but the speed he was able to walk was very fast. He was covering entire city blocks walking, in the same time a normal person would need to be in a full run to accomplish. He never turned around, just kept walking at this breakneck pace. I tried to follow him, but he was able to easily escape me intercepting him, and disappeared into the night.

Hi,
The first experience/"Odd" person seems easily explainable by some rare medical condition, but the second? That one to me is the strangest. He obviously didn't want to be seen, followed, noticed, etc... I take it that you have never seen him again since?

Hi,
The first experience/"Odd" person seems easily explainable by some rare medical condition, but the second? That one to me is the strangest. He obviously didn't want to be seen, followed, noticed, etc... I take it that you have never seen him again since?

The 2nd person obviously walked much faster than PeteAtomic because he had very long legs.

Hi,

yeah, I agree with you about how differently appearing people may most likely be explained by medical conditions. I work in the medical field. I've met patients who've had their digestive system hanging in a large pouch of skin off their bodies, patients who have had odd physiology or anatomy of various conditions-- I've never met a person then or now since who appeared like this individual.
The 2nd case happened when I was a teenager, and hence, more of the foolish courage a teen would exhibit by actually attempting to chase down this 'man'. The characteristics of this person aren't particularily strange-- very tall height, pale, bald, wearing a body length black leather trenchcoat, etc. I think it was all of these taken together, and his extraordinary speed of travel-- the average person walks 2-4 mph, and this man was walking (rough estimate here) 3 times that, seemingly accelerating as he went.
I also had an inexplicable 'feeling' about him. The closest I can describe are these words: cold, evil, vampiric.
I've never seen him again, and I don't want to.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

The 2nd person obviously walked much faster than PeteAtomic because he had very long legs.

Or he was the product of an overly imaginative teenager (?)

Apologies in advance for the length of this post.

My story is hardly a paranormal block buster. But it is very real and very personal to me.

The Rocky Mountains are my spiritual home. Over the years, I have visited the states of Colorado and New Mexico often. I lived in Colorado for about a year in the mid seventies. In my youth, I was an avid hiker and spent considerable time hiking the trails. A certain spot in one of the parks somehow made a special impression in my memory. It is next to a lake, and I think I could find it to this day.

So....over the years my mind gradually constructed a kind of fantasy daydream. On this spot was a cabin at sunset. I would approach the cabin and enter a very small room with roaring fireplace on my right, and some kind of cozy bed on the left where I could lie down and feel snug. Between the fireplace and the bed was a door to a larger room. The view was hazy and I could see nothing in the room but vague shapes and colors. I felt strongly the presence of a woman. Although I could never quite see her, never quite see her face.

Fast forward to the year 2000 in Austin Texas where I was hired on to work as a technician for a small electronics company headquartered out of Fort Collins Colorado. The job was through an agency and I had never heard of this company before. I was put directly to work on a very small manufacturing line. One lady tech had been working on this product line previously and she and I were the only two employees on the entire line. This is not unusual for small engineering companies. The lady was one of less than a dozen people who had been sent directly to Austin from Fort Collins. Most of the roughly 100 others had been hired locally.

As I worked with this person, I was gradually overcome by an obsession that I knew her from somewhere, and had for a very long time. I know this is not unusual.

One day, she suddenly began telling everyone about her experiences while living alone in a cabin near Nederland, Colorado. This didn't quite make sense, as she was hardly the hardy outdoor type. One day, she plopped a portfolio of her cherished artwork on the test bench to show me. It was quite good. She also had a few photos of her cabin. It bore little resemblance to the cabin in my daydreams, but it seemed very important to her. A friend of hers from Colorado happened to pass by and he looked shocked and puzzled. He mentioned that he had known her for years, and she had never shown him her art work. I checked the map for distance from Nederland to my "cabin site". It looked to be about 30 miles. I didn't tell her about the my recurrent daydream until much later. I think it was the first time I had told anyone.

She was also a bit mysterious. Over lunch one day she mentioned that she loved living in Las Vegas. I asked what in the world she did there. She claimed that while working for "the labs" she would be driven in a bus out to somewhere in the desert to work on something--she would not say what, except that it was "scary". I swear I did not lead the conversation this way and I have no idea if this was true. One day she approached my test bench and said "Good luck on your journey" and walked away. We talked little after that.

I have never had an experience like this before or since, and I know it can all be ascribed to circumstance. But no one will convince me of that.

Back