• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Announcing The Paracast+ (or Something Like That!)

Free episodes:

I'm a big fan of the reduced ads version because it will make driving safer since I don't have to fumble with my ipod. I have no problem about paying the subscription given the value in information I've gotten for the past few years. I hope you don't restrict the archive. It's a tremendous information resource.

I put my five dollars worth in. I would also like for you and Chris to discuss about the previous guest you had on each week and give book reviews, things to watch out for.
There are a lot of possibilities of things you can do on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have some good ideas. A sort of "after the show" thing, and other matters.

Chris has been mostly away for the past month, and he's just recovering from his trip. So we do want to move on this quickly now that he's ready to digest the future. :)

Gene

Is the quality of all the shows and guest callers going to be consistent? Premium services i pay for all the shows have great production quality and i love love Chris but i don't wanna hear him calling on a shitty cell phone from a hotel room and pay for it.

The quality will be better than the regular version, sometimes a lot better. But it still depends on the connection quality and the instrument the guest or guests are using. There's nothing that can be done about that until we get the plane fare to fly them to the studio . :)

Some of you have suggested that we offer a special premium service, with extra features and services, for your listening and reading enjoyment.

Chris and I, along with other helpers, are busy working out ideas, and I welcome your input.

Here's what we've arrived at so far as updated on November 7, 2014:

1. Monthly subscriptions at $5.00 per billing period, or $50.00 per year.

2. Special forums not available to regular users (under construction).

3. Chat rooms and special chats with the hosts and guests (under construction).

4. Special blogs and other content available only to subscribers (under construction).

5. Discounts on premium merchandise. This is a problem right now, because we earn so little from each item.

6. Ad-free versions of new episodes.

7. Expanded availability of back episodes. This would mean that we'd move shows over a year old into the premium area.

These are just proposals. I welcome your input to help us find the best collection of services, without depriving Paracast fans of all the free stuff we've offered up till now. What this means is that the latest episodes will always be free; that will never change.

It's your turn, my friends.

The Ad free part is what gets my attention. I might give it a try.

For my podcast, I gave the first guy who signed up as a patron on Patreon.com a free T-shirt. It will take quite a while to earn back the cost, since he only signed up for $1 per episode, but it's worth it to get the traffic started. He also gets an effusive thank-you on the podcast.

Mike, you did comment on the offer, but I don't see a membership from you yet.

We've already had the first group of subscribers. First signup was Janeland, who definitely should contact me about getting something for taking the chance. Thanks everyone.

For others, maybe at thresholds, such as 250, 500, 1,000. I'll work out a set of prizes that are appropriate. Possibly a Paracast T-Shirt for 250, a jacket for 500, and maybe some electronic gizmo for 1,000.

Stay tuned and thanks for joining or considering a subscription.

Mike, you did comment on the offer, but I don't see a membership from you yet.

We've already had the first group of subscribers. First signup was Janeland, who definitely should contact me about getting something for taking the chance. Thanks everyone.

For others, maybe at thresholds, such as 250, 500, 1,000. I'll work out a set of prizes that are appropriate. Possibly a Paracast T-Shirt for 250, a jacket for 500, and maybe some electronic gizmo for 1,000.

Stay tuned and thanks for joining or considering a subscription.

Its no big deal Gene, back when you first touted the idea you suggested a fee of 39.99 to which i replied

i will be using that link tonight to donate $39.99 US.
If the show runs up a subscriber section, then please credit me with a years subscription, if it doesnt, its still money well spent.

Which i did, But i understand that there was no product at that time, and as such i didnt purchase one per se.

But from a philosophical pov i personally think of myself as the first to subscribe.

Thanks Gene, I knew back then it was worth jumping in for, and i'm glad i did.

Ive also sent you next years full subscription this morning, i know its money well spent.

I never minded the ads, they had value to me as a fresh perspective on a society different to my local one.

Having said that listening to the ad free show is really nice.

So come on Folks, subscribe if you can. You will be helping Gene and Chris, and i'm sure you will enjoy the benefits.

I never minded the ads, they had value to me as a fresh perspective on a society different to my local one.

So given that, it shouldn't come as a surprise to us if you guys probably had us americans pegged as a bunch of gold hoarding, seed purchasing, shelter building yanks. If the paracast had targeted ads (for ozzies) what would we hear ?

And budgie smugglers...... got to have a pair of those

Australia is a fun place as you can see, you may have heard about the Russian navy steaming down here during the G20 summit.
The real story is Putin had seen that milk ad, and was going to defect. They sent the Navy to make sure he didnt

I know Xmas is just around the corner Folks, But with a subscription to the Paracast+ you buy not only yourself a present, but also help Gene and Chris.

If like me you've enjoyed years of Paracast listening....

Its a no brainer imo.

Everybody wins

Back