• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

And the Oscar goes to..... (with apologies to Gordo)

Wade

FeralNormal master
8LVg1nhXj_shbaKmjvqjlDrXwbvBbLdvwcr6HD5fZEzN0Pkej8DIOhT_tcV9xlb9Z66Dxm-Cr8al4f5a9gbCFbPOnZkgIzPBPeKY4j5Cig0ANxY7wG92qOuBo_wFQoELhzFkXTDR

Made you look!!!!!

What a long strange trip it's been…..

Well time for an update, as a few of you know I had a hemorrhagic stroke back on December 11th 2016 and to say I was unaware of it is as obvious as saying I like pizza. As a side note to those of you that (like me) are/were unaware of the dangers of a hemorrhagic stroke try typing hemorrhagic stroke and fatal into GOOGLE and read the results, scary stuff guys and but on a bright note is that while I do have some problems with my right arm and leg I've made some impressive improvements on both limbs so that I have to say it's somewhat encouraging. You know when I was having my stroke the very first thing I can remember is my right hand and arm stopped working and they “froze”, they just wouldn't work and I didn't know why, so ( no exaggeration) there I was crawling on my back, looking like a fiddler crab trying to call 911 and I kept misdialing and getting that misdialed/wrong number tone, after a bit I fainted (again) and I heard but didn't see the paramedics breaking open my door and felt myself being lifted up and after transported. After that it's was lights out until the day before (after ?) Christmas, I had some pretty wild dreams though and I still remember a few of them.

On the next day a Monday Bob , the store’s owner didn't know what to make of it. Because i didn't show up no one opened the store. UPS showed up , no one to get the packages . Same with FedEx, the post office stopped by to deliver the mail, No Wade to receive it. Robert eventually showed up , got the mail and placed several calls to me but i was unconscious in the emergency room. After the work day he went to my place and found the door smashed in and blood and vomit on the floor and then he really went into panic mode.

He finally got some relief because the hospital went through my phone and had found some calls i had made the day before, a Saturday, to a customer of ours to come and pick up a package because he had been calling about it , (he needed it) and after 1:00 I would be gone and he would be S.O.L. until Monday . Bottom line, they called him (his name is Cecil) he went to hospital to check on me and placed a call to Bob to let him know what happened the day after that a Tuesday.

Bob of course rushed down the next day (I was in Saint John's in Santa Monica) but needless to say I was not aware of it I had a tube in my head to siphon out the blood, an airway put in to my throat to facilitate me breathing, an gastric tube because initially I couldn't swallow any nourishment and my eyes were crossed and staring at the top of my head...normal now…

Long story short i'm much better now. It was tough at first I had to “relearn” how to eat/ swallow, it was tough on me personally when I had to allow myself to be cleaned up , that was hard on me, and when I finally got rid of that gastric tube I cried for over 45 minutes such was the relief of that (it was also anti-climatic given the BS I was given about having the right docs here to do it, a anesthesiologist really?

I ended up qualifying and getting social security and New York Medicaid and after October very likely will get Medicare (I may have those backwards) My brother came to Los Angeles in June , gave away some of my stuff , threw away some stuff and packed away some of my stuff in my beloved Ford Ranger and drove it back to New York. I joined it a couple of months later and fittingly I am now mulling over my future as Wade 2.0, he still has a productive future ahead of him for awhile yes the future is open….

It's good to be alive.

Peace Out

Last edited:
Back