• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ancient Grain Silos found near the Dead Sea date to around 9,000 B.C.

Free episodes:

It's interesting to note that perhaps, just perhaps, early man was quite a bit more sophisticated than we typically give him credit for.

It's interesting to note that perhaps, just perhaps, early man was quite a bit more sophisticated than we typically give him credit for.

I absolutely agree. Having done a lot of reading this weekend, ancient civilizations continue to surprise and delight me. I think as residents of the 21st century, we tend to get bogged down in the notion that earlier cultures were not as sophisticated as ours, but it is discoveries like these that help dispel this notion and emphasis that early humans were very clever. Recent digs have uncovered that our non-human ancestors may have created art and organized their communities in ways that were thought to be only traits of the human species.

Back