• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Always...or Suddenly?

Raevenskye

Seer of All Things Spooky
Do you all think that contactees/abductees have "always" seen UFO's, or that some are sudden or one-off experiences? I've tried to think about my own experiences, but don't remember any really early on. Probably the first time I remember seeing something weird in the sky was when I was 16. Other paranormal stuff started earlier for me, but not that.

Raevenskye said:
Do you all think that contactees/abductees have "always" seen UFO's, or that some are sudden or one-off experiences? I've tried to think about my own experiences, but don't remember any really early on. Probably the first time I remember seeing something weird in the sky was when I was 16. Other paranormal stuff started earlier for me, but not that.

There are reports of people who report abduction stories that have not seen a ufo.

then, is the common line of thinking that ufo's and abductions are not necessarily related? as you can prob tell from my posts, i'm more into ghosties, than aliens. i'm just curious how most people here think these things fit together, if they do.

You're polarizing unecessarily. From the information that exists, if we take it at face value, then both are true. Some cases are seemingly "random sample" abductions that happen once and never again, others are more of an "ongoing study". Entirely dependant upon the person.

CapnG said:
You're polarizing unecessarily. From the information that exists, if we take it at face value, then both are true. Some cases are seemingly "random sample" abductions that happen once and never again, others are more of an "ongoing study". Entirely dependant upon the person.

you're probably right...i tend to think in "either/or". I never knew that some abductee cases were "random sampling". I thought that once they took you, they kept taking you. so many details... :p

Raevenskye said:
I never knew that some abductee cases were "random sampling".

Well, like all abduction/contact cases it depends on whether or not you believe it but in this catagory the Hill case is archetypal. They picked them up once, gave them a going over and sent them on their way.

CapnG said:
Well, like all abduction/contact cases it depends on whether or not you believe it but in this catagory the Hill case is archetypal. They picked them up once, gave them a going over and sent them on their way.

Is that the Gulf Breeze thing?(edit: no...I've just been reading about it). I've never really "researched" it, but it sounds like a good Wed. project! As far as belief goes, I do believe that something real is happening to some people. I also believe there's a lot of sleep paralysis and other explainable "things" going on.

CapnG said:
I guess I should've been more specific, by "Hill case" I meant the Betty and Barney Hill case.

I'm with you....for some reason I had the two entwined in my brainpan. I read about both yesterday, tho. Interesting, if true.

There's a writer for UFO Magazine, Regan Lee, who has all the symptoms of being an abductee: seeing a UFO up close several times, missing time, on down the list--but she doesn't remember ever seeing beings associated with it so she doesn't consider herself an abductee. She actually leans more toward "military experiment," but isn't willing to give a label until she really knows.

UFO Magazine has a lot of interesting articles.

A lot of people have symptoms of being "Abductees". 99.9 percent of those people are fnot abductees.

I'm not sure I believe in any of this stuff anymore. After having several revelations this year in regards to my own experiences, I'd say that the whole abductee syndrome is a bunch of hooey.

Military Experiments? Hilarious. If the military wants to experiment on people, they have their own military personnel who have signed waivers to experiment on. If they want to mutilate cows, they can buy as many as they want.

Missing time happens to everyone at one point or another. Seeing things in the sky you can't explain, again happens every day.

It's easy to diagnose someone as being an abductee.

Especially when you write for UFO magazine about your own "experiences".

When I say "abductee" I mean she has the symptoms of whatever that phenomenon ultimately is. If it's a brain fungus then that's what it is. If it's aliens then that's what it is. That's all.

I assume you're taking a jab at me there and that's fine. But just because you think my experiences are BS doesn't mean I do.

Jeremy,

Saw your video, and have read your articles.

Aliens are the least of your problems.

If you had a dime for what? Every time someone said you, you're full of crap and needed to seek help, you'd be a millionaire?

I'm surprised you haven't put up a sign for collecting donations.

What should be done in the event of an abductee coming forward with their claims, ESPECIALLY when they're paid to write about such things, is that they should be immediately given a lie detector test. Before you go spouting off how they're inadmissable in a court of law, think on this. Your subconscious is the dead give away, when you take a lie detector test, and THAT is what is being tested when you take one.

Your body will do things you're unconscious of if you lie.

SO, when you pass your lie detector test Jeremy, people like me will stop laughing at you.

"If you had a dime for what? Every time someone said you, you're full of crap and needed to seek help, you'd be a millionaire?"

Why yes, that is what I meant.

"I'm surprised you haven't put up a sign for collecting donations."

I am too. I'm thinking about it now. Thanks!

"What should be done in the event of an abductee coming forward with their claims, ESPECIALLY when they're paid to write about such things, is that they should be immediately given a lie detector test."

You think I get paid for this? -- but I do see your point and I agree, actually. I'm shocked a magazine would just be like, "Okay, you're an abductee? Cool. Come write for us" without giving me one. Then again I find the honor system endearing.*

If anyone cares to foot the bill I'd be more than happy to take a lie detector test.

You mentioned that you believed you had abduction experiences but now don't believe it anymore. What were they and what changed? Is it something you're willing to talk about?

Someone recently told me about a woman who worked with both Mack and Hopkins, (and she was in one of Hopkins' books) who believed she was the mother of hybrid aliens. Now she thinks she was misled by them both and has dropped off the face of the earth. I'd loooove to talk to her. If you've had similar experiences, you too. Whatever you may think of me, I'm not lying. Just because I'm flippant doesn't make me a liar. (I don't know if that's why you think it or not but it seems to be a popular equation: smarmy + tall tale = liar.)

However, if someone can believe that they gave birth to an alien and retract that, or something similarly spectacular in this realm, then that needs to be figured out if we're going to come to a conclusion about the reality of abductions in and of themselves.

What I'm saying is, I'm not lying to you that I know of but if it's possible to believe you're an abductee to the extent that you're a parent of an alien and then realize one day that that's all a delusion, then I and all of us may be completely full of it. Lying to ourselves--THAT I'd like to figure out.

And if it turns out I am full of it, well... there's my new book. I write a tell-all that tears apart abduction research. Either way I make money. Loads and loads of fresh, tasty money.

Ka-ching.

* As a side note I did ask Nancy Birnes once why she trusted me. She basically said that she liked my writing style (which was first and foremost the reason to give me a column) and that you don't really know who is lying and who isn't in this field anyway so it's a moot point, but going on instinct she takes me at my word. Plus she's met my mom.

Nancy Birnes is a nice person, and I won't say anything that detracts from her as she has been very decent and kind to me.

The issue here Jeremy, is that in all honesty, I don't believe anything anyone says anymore when it comes to ANY and ALL of the UFO stuff.

Why?

Because OH SO MANY PEOPLE, have been, or are lying about what they experienced in order to profit.

I've experienced things that I cannot explain, and had some startling revelations about my own faulty memory this year, and these are things that I carried for 30 years and more, all came to a grinding halt after watching a DVD of land of the lost.

With that said, everyone has something wrong with them, and in your case, you think you're an abductee. If I were to wake up one day, go to a doctor, find an anomalous piece of material in my body, I might have second thoughts, and maybe even start to believe that some of this is possible, but when it comes right down to it, people are fallible, and their minds can play horrible tricks on them.

Seeing as how you see finding out that you're full of crap is such a positive, then maybe you ought to go talk to your local police chief, or sherriff, and they will happily give you a lie detector test, and if you tell them what it's for, most likely they'd do it for free.

Most likely they'll call the state hospital.

Interesting you bring up "Land Of The Lost" ... I did an article wherein I compared the reptilian stuff to that show. I can't believe so few people immediately picked up on the parallels.

It's only been in the last 2 years or less that I've actually met other abductees/experiencers and one contactee from back in the day. For what it's worth--and probably not much--my take is that most are delusional but not out to profit. I mean I've not met anyone that I thought was lying to make a buck and, in fact, many of 'em want to remain anonymous. There is one guy who is out to make a buck but not because he's hoaxing; it's because he has delusions of grandeur. I mean he really believes Jesus (who is, of course, alive and well, working with aliens) chose him to be an apostle.

So I've seen that mentality more than sane, rational people I believe were abducted, but there are a few. Still, I'm not going to argue the point because I kinda feel like you do lately--like enough people in this field are nuts or wrong and so I must be too, so what's the point? Maybe I should call it quits. I'm toying with the idea if for no other reason than all this writing and babbling seems masturbatory. No one is swayed by anything I have to say and if my part in this play is to sway people then I'm no better than a preacher, a politician, or a common conversationalist about subjective ideas.

I think this is why monks go silent. It's not a vow so much as a recognition that any conversation is a swaying of someone to your viewpoint because that is how you sustain your viewpoint which is inherently an untruth. If it were not, there'd be no need to talk about it. So they don't.

I'm getting there, Tommy.

In all honesty, I don't know why people talk about any of this stuff, because until someone actually drags the corpse of one of these creatures to the white house, or to any responsible news outlet, there's really nothing to report.

Then again... We can't all be Ray Santilli now can we?

Back