• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Allergy Season.

T

Tommy Allison

Allergy Season Sucks.

Been sneezing, sniffling, eyes are leaking... You name it, it's allergy related. I've been taking Zyrtec and Benadryl just to keep the crap at bay. Needless to say my demeanor has been pretty good, and haven't been picking fights with anyone lately.

As soon as allergy season is over, I'll be back to harassing and demeaning people on this board and others. Until then, expect me to be to talk about the mundane, and be non-combative.

I think everyone should take Benadryl at least Once in their life. That feeling of absolute mind numbing comfort cannot be ignored. Imagine an over the counter drug that takes all of your bad feelings, and makes you not care in the world about them.

There's nothing quite like plinking down 4 bucks at the local Walgreens and having enough happy pills to keep you happy for a week. All the while your nose and eyes clear up and you can breathe again.

We can have a perfect world, we truly can. Benadryl is the answer to all of life's problems.

I know how you feel.
I spend a good part of the year with "Oh God My Eye Sockets Are Going To Explode" Syndrome (every body else calls it hay fever, but I don't think that accurately conveys the misery of it).

I'm also especially allergic to roses (which prompted the um, er, attempted arson incident when I was 4 years old...I've always had a direct approach to problem solving, and it was the rose bush I was trying to burn down, not the house. People are such pussies).

Allergy Season Sucks.

We can have a perfect world, we truly can. Benadryl is the answer to all of life's problems.

a while back I posted about benadryl... take enough of it and you can feel your brain inside your skull :) when the benadryl kicks in and also when it starts to wear off.

cats are what set me off the worst. benadryl - liquid form, Claritin 24 hour non-drowsy tablets, and the 3-4 hour fast-acting Tylenol or Sudafed tablets can get you through just about anything if you take them all at once.

When the cedars start dropping pollen I walk around feeling like there's a hatchet lodged in my skull and my sinuses get bloody like I've been punched in the nose. Eating plenty of local honey, before the pollen gets too bad, seems to help.

Allergy Season Sucks.

Been sneezing, sniffling, eyes are leaking... You name it, it's allergy related. I've been taking Zyrtec and Benadryl just to keep the crap at bay. Needless to say my demeanor has been pretty good, and haven't been picking fights with anyone lately.

As soon as allergy season is over, I'll be back to harassing and demeaning people on this board and others. Until then, expect me to be to talk about the mundane, and be non-combative.

I think everyone should take Benadryl at least Once in their life. That feeling of absolute mind numbing comfort cannot be ignored. Imagine an over the counter drug that takes all of your bad feelings, and makes you not care in the world about them.

There's nothing quite like plinking down 4 bucks at the local Walgreens and having enough happy pills to keep you happy for a week. All the while your nose and eyes clear up and you can breathe again.

I have definitely been there, spring is a terrible time for my allergies. Last year I was probably on Benadryl for at least a month and talk about days just floating by, that was the highest I have ever been. Hope you get better and praise god for over the counter drugs!!

Benadryl is a literal lifesaver for my Spousal Unit if she gets anywhere near shrimp. She stops breathing. She really needs an adrenalin shot, but for a minor attack Benadryl keeps her alive. It even affects her if they cook shrimp on a grill, scrape it off, then cook something else. It picks up enough of that protein to affect her.

As for the pollen, good lord! All the streets are yellow. I swept the deck yesterday and immense yellow clouds stirred up. Between the alder and the fir it looks like it is snowing. I grew up fighting it allergic to anything with bronchitis and asthma, but when I turned about 25, the allergies just went away. I feel quite lucky, but I am very sympathetic to those affected. It does suck.

I haven't double-checked, but I seem to recall 'The Alien Hunter,' Derrel Sims mentioning that he had noticed that reported abductees had a high incidence of sinus complaints.

I haven't double-checked, but I seem to recall 'The Alien Hunter,' Derrel Sims mentioning that he had noticed that reported abductees had a high incidence of sinus complaints.

Might that relate to having things forcefully shoved up their noses?
Do we have any info on Sims' credibility by the way? (he strikes me as a bit of a self-aggrandising prat, but that doesn't necessarily exclude him from having done some useful work. So it's an honest question)

And according to Whitley Strieber, Alien Abductees have a higher incidence of being cornholed.

I wouldn't trust a word Sims has to say. If all it took was sinus problems to make you an abductee, then there are literally BILLIONS of people who have this problem.

Back