• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aliens & Dreams

Is it common for aliens to contact you through dreams? Or, are the dreams about aliens fragments of abduction memories?

That's a good question. I don't think that there is any good resource for discovering the underlying truth to that.

Is it common for aliens to contact you through dreams? Or, are the dreams about aliens fragments of abduction memories?

First point, dont know, certainly not common for me.
Secondly, are dreams about Sumo wrestlers attacking me in a disused underground mens washroom, whilst I'm trying to fly off into a Tellytubby type landscape with nothing more than a towel, a premonition or a memory?

Dont get me wrong I dont mean to sound rude, but personally I would be very careful about believing any dream. I have done it myself and either wound up flat on my ass or very wet and sticky :eek:.
Joking aside, I recently read somewhere that the REM cycle in men coincides perfectly with the erection cycle. Not particularly surprising really but I thought it an interesting point when things like semen extraction is mentioned with regard to the abduction phenonenon.

Mark

Well I think understanding what reality is, consciousness, collective unconscious and all that esoteric stuff is a big part of understanding who or what the aliens are or what the UFO phenomena (yes plural) is.

I realize that people need a basis for a consensus reality but to dismiss dreams because they are absurd and can be shown to occur in the REM state doesn't really tell us much about the nature of the sleeping world. It isn't like waking life isn't just as absurd ,turn on the TV, listen to a George Bush speech, watch Katrina or 911 reruns.

I had a dream recently, that I could hear them in the walls, 3 of them. I waited for two to run past and then started punching a hole in the drywall with my bear hands to 'get at it'. It's fear of me was telepathically directed back at me as a defense mechanism. I woke up screaming.

I had a dream recently, that I could hear them in the walls, 3 of them. I waited for two to run past and then started punching a hole in the drywall with my bear hands to 'get at it'. It's fear of me was telepathically directed back at me as a defense mechanism. I woke up screaming.

No matter how much someone would say to you OH it's just a dream. There is a knowing that it is more than that, at least that is what I am hearing in your post.

I had a dream back in March of this year that was incredibly vivid, they usually are for me, but that's another matter. Anyway, I remember moving through a ' version ' of my own home one night. This 'dream place' was fairly accurate except that it was 'split level' and my home is the topfloor of a turn-of-the-century brickhouse.

So, at a certain point in the dream I'm having a conversation with an old friend, who happens to live on the West Coast, and I'm in Ontario, of course, because this is a dream, right? Well, she leaves with her kids and I get this feeling like I should look out the window in the bathroom. Incidentally, the bathroom in my home is exactly the same as the one in the dream so not only do I look out the window but I climb through the open window and jump into the air. At this point I feel drawn to the sky and begin to slowly levitate and almost fly upwards under my own control. Now I'm about twenty feet or so from the house when I look up into the sky and see three lights shifting colours (white then red then white again) and moving amongst all the other stars. They appear to be about 1/4 mile in the sky and it's almost as if they are taking up positions in the skyline. Sort of like they are getting ready to, I don't know how to put this -- connect, somehow-- anyways, I get this mixed feeling like I'm not supposed to go any closer to these lights and at the same time I curiously drawn.

I opt to return home but instead of entering the way I came out of the house I go down a level into the 'dream version' of my home and in through a remarkably similar looking window to the bathroom's then drop down into my kitchen. There's garbage and dishes and food and whatnot littered all over the floor ala Close Encounters; it's like the refridgerator had thrown up. From there I sense something going on in the rooms just beyond there. Wandering through an open doorway I enter a dining area, which I don't have in my actual home, that spills onto a living room and then leads to the front door. Standing before the front door with it's hand on the doorknob and it's back to me is a creature with long black hair. I don't remember much about it's body other than it being extremely thin for I was totally repelled by its presence. I do remember it indicating to me very clearly "Obey, do not follow" (it's exact words) which wasn't a problem, as I was literally afraid to see more of it.

The other thing about this dream was that it occured within days of another interesting night where I woke up around 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm not sure If I've related this before, but there was this flash of bright orange light, just a second or so after I opened my eyes and I was immediately awake, no tiredness, no groggines, just awake but with the distinct feeling that someone or something was in my home, or had been there, uninvited. Having a young child at home, I remember being compelled to know what or who was there and proceed to check the house. No sooner do I get up and come around the other side of the bed than my 3 year old son comes screaming down the hallway like he's been scared by a nightmare or terror. I console him and allow him into my partner's and mine's bed then I go to the bathroom and have a look out the window. There's nothing I can see out of the ordinary and nothing out of the ordinary elsewhere in the house. I'm tired, I have a pee and go back to bed. End of story.

No matter how much someone would say to you OH it's just a dream. There is a knowing that it is more than that, at least that is what I am hearing in your post.

Exactly. That's very intuitive of you Ally. It's not the only time I've encountered
another prescence whilst dreaming, but it'll always boil down to...It's just a Dream, and is discounted by anyone else who hasn't experienced it firsthand.

I even awoke from one of these dreams during the same time period as this, to hear 3 individual sets of bi-pedal feet with a weight of approx 40-60 lbs. scampering about on the roof. The only place I'd talk about it is here on this forum and with my girlfriend who was having some pretty memorable dreams in the same time frame.

Other than a "We Are Your Star Family" type dream, which, even writing about it, makes me want to discount it altogether, but it was the most distinct appreciation I had of 'others' truly being there with me in my subconscious mindframe, I had one other really lucid dream where it would seem that my reactions were being gauged. My girlfriend reported similar dreams where her reactions were noted.

How do you begin to try and sound like a rational, open-minded skeptic when you begin to entertain the possibility that you may be a contactee.............But only while you are in REM sleep?

Perhaps if you are a being(s) that has no separation between conscious and sub-conscious, dreams and reality merging in a singular stream of consciousness, then you may find interacting with "The Violent Monkeys Of Earth" safer, when they are sleeping.

I actually met an ex friend where we both had lucid dreams about each other in such detail that was quite accurate before we met. So sometimes dreams are more than just dreams.

She is an experiencer too. I wish that she could confirm this for any of you hard core skeptics but she no longer talks to me and moved away. The thing is the fight was over something so trivial and IMO was more of a misunderstanding.

I didn't write this down and only remember bits of it but I remember having a lucid dream where my ex friend was in her bedroom all freaked out about her experiences. I think I was trying to help her too. This was before I knew who she was and what this dream was about.

Apparently around the same time my ex friend also had a lucid dream about me. We were seeing the same chiropractor. One day the chiropractor had this strange look on his face as I walked in and said to me I think you need to call this woman.

Apparently she called him the day before and said to him when this person comes in for an adjustment in the morning give her my phone number. He then said well she never gets adjusted in the morning but the next time I see her I will let her know.

For some reason I went to see this chiropractor that next morning and he had him jaw open while giving me her name and phone number. I lost track of him years ago I think he just got up and moved one day. If anyone really doubts me my best friend that still talks to me knew her quite well and I think I could talk him into verifying this.

We did finally meet not too long after this. We talked about our mutual dream and interests. She looked at me and said in the dream your hair was longer. I told her I just got it cut which was true. I also saw her room that looked quite similar to my dream.

I've got a large enough catalogue of "waking-state" weird stuff that I don't really want to dive off into the dream-realm, but yeah... I could if I wanted to.
I don't have enough faith in the validity of common, waking reality to doubt the validity of other forms. It's just a brain doing it's thing. We are all just along for the ride.

I don't have enough faith in the validity of common, waking reality to doubt the validity of other forms. It's just a brain doing it's thing. We are all just along for the ride.

Yeah, "just go with it", and life often seems easier... I know what you mean. Been doing that pretty much the last few months. Good for sanity. Good for creativity. :)

Perhaps if you are a being(s) that has no separation between conscious and sub-conscious, dreams and reality merging in a singular stream of consciousness, then you may find interacting with "The Violent Monkeys Of Earth" safer, when they are sleeping.

Damn good point Rob, just like messing with a handgun without the bullets. Thanks.

Mark

I have weird dreams. Every single one of them. Mundane, but very weird. But I can tell the dreams that were from events in my day, or things I might have been thinking about, and then there are the really odd ones that you wake up knowing that didn't come from you.

I've had a recurring theme in my dreams for many years. The details of the dream are always different and don't matter, but its always in the same place. It's a large building with many people. It reminds me of a school or some time of institution. Over and over again. People are there for a reason, but I don't know what it is. But everyone had to go there.

When I was a kid, maybe in 3rd grade, I would fall asleep sitting in a chair while I was waiting to go to school, watching Captain Kangaroo. My dad worked nights, so he was asleep, and my mom left for work already, and the school was just up the block (this was in the early 60's and thing were different back then). I would have this recurring dream, every morning. It made no sense to me, and still doesn't, and isn't something a kid would think up!

In the dream I was sitting and holding a sewing needle between my thumb and index finger in my left hand (I'm right handed). I would look at it, and look at it, and look closely at the eye. Now you know when you look at something very intently it seem to be magnified.. so in the eye of the needle I can see a big waterfall, like Niagara. And then I'm looking at the needle, and it's so small in my fingers, and then the eye, and there's this enormous waterfall, but I'm holding this little needle, and the falls is in the eye, and I could feel it being really big between my fingers, and it would oscillate, the small needle, the big falls, the needle, the falls, faster and faster until I would get queazy and be woken with a big jolt! Like someone shook me. Then I would jump up and run to school, since I was now late.

This went on for a long time, and then just stopped.

This is so abstract that there is no way I could have thought it up at that age. When I was a teenager I asked a woman I knew who lived up the street who was into the paranormal... she was a witch and an artist, read tarot, etc. She said it was trying to tell me something, and I probably "got it" so it stopped.

:confused:

My dad would have dreams about people, and then he would look in the newspaper, and see they just passed away!

Then my brother had a dream a guy he worked with fell down in a really odd way and broke his arm, and it happened the next day!

But the really weird one was I was looking out the back door of the house I grew up in, and the backyard was full of frogs. Big frogs. And then I look down and I see an old man in a wheel chair with a blanket over him on the porch. He looked familiar. So I said, who are you, and he says "I'm Rod Serling" I said "Cool! I'm a huge fan of yours!" He said " I know that, that's why I'm here. I've been ill and I'm convalescing. I came to see you before I leave"

I woke up thinking about that dream. "Convalescing" ... that's not a work I would have used. I put on the TV to get ready for work, and saw on the Today Show that Rod Serling passed away that night! Still gives me chills.

Your Rod Sterling dream gives me the shivers just reading it. How cool and freaky at the same time. Did you ever see the X files episode where frogs were falling out of the sky?

Your Rod Sterling dream gives me the shivers just reading it. How cool and freaky at the same time. Did you ever see the X files episode where frogs were falling out of the sky?

No, but I have read all the Charles Fort books discussing the same topics. It seems more common than one would think. I even remember seeing it reported on the news once (a fish fall) and of course they made a wise crack about it. God forbid they report something without passing judgement on it.

I knew someone who grew up in Kingston Jamaica, and she remembers a heavy rain once where small fish were left in puddles after the storm, even on roof tops. The locals gathered them up and ate them!

I once had a live sparrow appear in a room that had all the doors and windows closed, in the middle of winter, much to the shock of the bird. I looked around for small holes or whatever, and never found any place the bird could have gotten in. Not saying that couldn't be the explanation. When I told the story to my older brother, he said the same thing happened to him when he was younger in the same house.

That house also had a phantom black cat that was seen by many people, including me, and my son when he was young. My Jamaican friend used to say the duppy was in that house and she would never go back there. While I lived there, three people died... one was a drug OD, a suicide and a murder.
While I have fond memories growing up in that house, I have said that I thought it was haunted, and maybe even evil, which my wife thinks isn't possible... the evil part anyway. It was surely haunted.

It's funny that of any paranormal topic, ghosts interest me the least, even though I've seen a couple.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the house you grew up in? Not because I know anything about photography but more to get a gut reaction to it.
I do think evil exists. I don't know exactly what that means but I sure in the hell have felt it. It is a force that consumes.

It's funny that of any paranormal topic, ghosts interest me the least, even though I've seen a couple.

I had a fairly dramatic pre-cog dream concerning a school friend's violent death, years ago... but since then, I've only seen (while awake) wisps of what I thought was something eerily close to being a ghost. Not enough to keep me on subject, though.

Back