• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Abductions, Child Sexual Abuse & Sleep Paralysis

What do you think is the origin of alien abductions?

• Total voters
This only happens once a year (Halloween) but yet is captured on surveliance video. Abudctions are supposed to happen regularly world-wide and yet no such video or similar exists.

Last edited:
Hypnosis in my opinion is just too hard to validate. On After The Paracast Don Ecker which I'm sure you heard, he said he was appalled when he listened to one of these "ufo hypnosis experts" lead the person by asking the him/her "where do you think they're from". I'm sorry but if you lead with a stupid question like that you are allowing the person to speculate and that is when the session ends. Any hypnotist who asks leading questions like that is ruining their results, and what annoys me is the person who genuinely need's help isn't getting it. So many variables need to be taken into account, sleep pattern, possible abuse, mental health issues. I believe some of these people actually find it easier to say they got abducted by aliens than abused by another human being. A lot of these people will suffer PTSD from whatever has happened to them, so much so they have essentially blocked it off and conjured up this tale of alien abduction. It actually saddens me to think of just how bad it must be for these people to actually believe they were abducted. But not all abductions are made up, I do believe quite a lot are genuine, but I think they keep quiet. Best case so far in my opinion is Betty and Barney Hill.

Hypnosis in my opinion is just too hard to validate. On After The Paracast Don Ecker which I'm sure you heard, he said he was appalled when he listened to one of these "ufo hypnosis experts" lead the person by asking the him/her "where do you think they're from". I'm sorry but if you lead with a stupid question like that you are allowing the person to speculate and that is when the session ends. Any hypnotist who asks leading questions like that is ruining their results, and what annoys me is the person who genuinely need's help isn't getting it. So many variables need to be taken into account, sleep pattern, possible abuse, mental health issues. I believe some of these people actually find it easier to say they got abducted by aliens than abused by another human being. A lot of these people will suffer PTSD from whatever has happened to them, so much so they have essentially blocked it off and conjured up this tale of alien abduction. It actually saddens me to think of just how bad it must be for these people to actually believe they were abducted. But not all abductions are made up, I do believe quite a lot are genuine, but I think they keep quiet. Best case so far in my opinion is Betty and Barney Hill.
Do you think the Hill case is better than the Walton case? Once I heard Betty explain how her cat has the power to fly, kinda makes me wonder about the entire thing.

This only happens once a year (Halloween) but yet is captured on surveliance video. Abudctions are supposed to happen regularly world-wide and yet no such video or similar exists.

I would think that the technology they would have could easily disable or scramble anything in a certain radius, just speculation. They obviously aren't stupid, and when burglers want to brake into someone's home they clearly scope the place out. I worked in a plumbing merchants for over a year, and we had a LOT of copper piping. I came in to see police vans and blue lights going and my boss telling me all the copper was gone. When I watched the CCTV they knew exactly where to hit the cameras and what angles they wouldn't be seen. If you done that on a larger scale with aliens supposedly so much more advanced, CCTV becomes irrelevant.

What does bug me though is the amount of decent phones people have today in their pockets and the crappy UFO videos we still keep seeing. Now I have done some astrophotography with my dslr, ISO needs to be rather high, on cell phones the ISO isn't that good, but even at night it will look grainy even on a dslr at times depending on how high you have it. In the daytime however the phone I'm using is astounding, digital zoom unfortunately like most cell phones.
Do you think the Hill case is better than the Walton case? Once I heard Betty explain how her cat has the power to fly, kinda makes me wonder about the entire thing.

You seriously telling me Betty Hill claims to have a flying cat ? What age was she when she said this ? Maybe the only thing flying at the time was her mind. As for Travis Walton which I totally forgot about, his case is extremely interesting too. Would love to see a remake of his movie, the film wasn't exactly accurate to his actual story. I listened to him on the Paracast a while back, I think he was doing some event in the town he was found. I wouldn't dismiss Betty Hill's case though on something she said much later in life, but if she said this in her younger years not long after what happened then of course I would be skeptical, it would show she has a very wondering imagination. But as you get much older the mind can certainly make you say silly stuff. But If I had to pick between both cases I would go with walton based on the fact he hasn't altered his story or came out with crazy stories.

While not speaking for everybody, I believe the abduction experience is sleep paralysis. I used to have this happen to myself regularly when I was younger. I always used to describe it to my parents as a buzzing/numbing feeling from head to toe. I've always felt like I was floating & it felt like somebody was standing next to me. The worst it ever happened was around 1996 while I was living in Maine (in a house in the woods). I was living in the loft at the time and my housemate was in the Navy as well. He lived downstairs. The buzzing feeling came over me in the middle of the night more intense than usual. I swore that it felt like someone was standing right next to my bed. It also felt like something was going into my right ear. When I finally regained control of my body, it must have taken me 15 minutes to get the nerve to open my eyes as I thought for sure I would see something in my room. Once I did open my eyes, I reached for the phone and called a friend in N.J. to tell her what happened. It was like 2am so right away she knew something was wrong because I was calling at that hour. She talked me down off the ledge.

Anyways, within the following days I ended up contacting John Mack's office in MA. I was hoping to get an appointment with him but it never materialized.

I was looking for something the other day and I found the letters that I wrote to my family from boot camp. Within one of the letters I saw where I told them about being paralyzed in the middle of the night. Even though this doesn't happen to me nearly as much as it once did, it did happen about one week ago.

thats very interesting have had few problems like this myself but i get it when in extremely tired and i'm not fully asleep but half asleep and half awake and feels like some one sniffing me over my face and neck but i can't move or open eyes very strange

I would think that the technology they would have could easily disable or scramble anything in a certain radius, just speculation. They obviously aren't stupid, and when burglers want to brake into someone's home they clearly scope the place out. I worked in a plumbing merchants for over a year, and we had a LOT of copper piping. I came in to see police vans and blue lights going and my boss telling me all the copper was gone. When I watched the CCTV they knew exactly where to hit the cameras and what angles they wouldn't be seen. If you done that on a larger scale with aliens supposedly so much more advanced, CCTV becomes irrelevant.

What does bug me though is the amount of decent phones people have today in their pockets and the crappy UFO videos we still keep seeing. Now I have done some astrophotography with my dslr, ISO needs to be rather high, on cell phones the ISO isn't that good, but even at night it will look grainy even on a dslr at times depending on how high you have it. In the daytime however the phone I'm using is astounding, digital zoom unfortunately like most cell phones.

You seriously telling me Betty Hill claims to have a flying cat ? What age was she when she said this ? Maybe the only thing flying at the time was her mind. As for Travis Walton which I totally forgot about, his case is extremely interesting too. Would love to see a remake of his movie, the film wasn't exactly accurate to his actual story. I listened to him on the Paracast a while back, I think he was doing some event in the town he was found. I wouldn't dismiss Betty Hill's case though on something she said much later in life, but if she said this in her younger years not long after what happened then of course I would be skeptical, it would show she has a very wondering imagination. But as you get much older the mind can certainly make you say silly stuff. But If I had to pick between both cases I would go with walton based on the fact he hasn't altered his story or came out with crazy stories.
I'm not saying it's impossible to disable/scramble a camera, but the abduction thing has been happening for so long, to so many people world wide that that can't be the explanation. And I don't buy the aliens would automatically know about cameras. Remember; Betty Hill claims that the aliens were "very very puzzled on why Barney's teeth come out and her's do not." - So that tells me at least some of them take the short-UFO to alien school.

i mean to be honest i do think we take the alien entities for stupid animals i mean if I'm going to conduct a recce on a specific objective or house or someone I'm going to soak it for days even weeks and search every corner for ways in and out and whats about what possible surveillance equipment they have Etc before commencing a strike weather it be a HARD KNOCK or SOFT KNOCK approach.
but each race could not be fully aware on our customs and such like.
but thats why i have been trying to set up like reconnection guide thats a bit more accurate about the crafts they fly and which beings occupy them to build up a data base i mean if there all flying the exact same craft that says they are all together in some sort of Government ?

i mean its highly unlikely but there still is some possibility

i mean to be honest i do think we take the alien entities for stupid animals i mean if I'm going to conduct a recce on a specific objective or house or someone I'm going to soak it for days even weeks and search every corner for ways in and out and whats about what possible surveillance equipment they have Etc before commencing a strike weather it be a HARD KNOCK or SOFT KNOCK approach.
but each race could not be fully aware on our customs and such like.
but thats why i have been trying to set up like reconnection guide thats a bit more accurate about the crafts they fly and which beings occupy them to build up a data base i mean if there all flying the exact same craft that says they are all together in some sort of Government ?

i mean its highly unlikely but there still is some possibility
And then when we do get really good, clear footage its of some clown (Romanek) with his puppet outside his window.

As others have stated the truth of the abduction experience is probably multilayered; having all of the above explanations as their origins. For some, and all the more confusing I would think, is if you've got some sort of horrible repressed sexual assault memory being bundled by your brain in some defensive fairy tale or alien wrapping, and then have a legitimate abduction experience. Perhaps such mental trauma makes one a prime target for an abduction and along that same thought perhaps sleep paralysis experiences are the result of some sort of remote probing to see if a potential abduction target's mind is open to manipulation. Whatever the case, the aliens, the fairies, the military, our ancient reptilian predecessors, or perhaps in some weird way the phenomenon itself (our collective subconscious) seems to be searching the population for something in particular and either has not found it or hasn't found enough of it.....and so it persists.

As others have stated the truth of the abduction experience is probably multilayered; having all of the above explanations as their origins. For some, and all the more confusing I would think, is if you've got some sort of horrible repressed sexual assault memory being bundled by your brain in some defensive fairy tale or alien wrapping, and then have a legitimate abduction experience. Perhaps such mental trauma makes one a prime target for an abduction and along that same thought perhaps sleep paralysis experiences are the result of some sort of remote probing to see if a potential abduction target's mind is open to manipulation. Whatever the case, the aliens, the fairies, the military, our ancient reptilian predecessors, or perhaps in some weird way the phenomenon itself (our collective subconscious) seems to be searching the population for something in particular and either has not found it or hasn't found enough of it.....and so it persists.

Very interesting theory, someone who was abused would be a perfect subject due to the abuse being used as a main cause for the delusions of an alien abduction. It would lead people to quickly dismiss that person and nobody would believe them. But I would say sleep paralysis is something mostly everyone will experience at least once in their lifetime, far too many for it to be a procedure used to find out if that person is open to manipulation, but then again who says they couldn't pull something like that off, constantly scanning the people looking to cherry pick the ones they need. The problem is not knowing just how advanced the technology is.

I'm very tempted to move from Arizona. Just have to figure out where and how to raise the money to move.

You’ve mentioned a couple times recently that you’d like to be living somewhere other than in Arizona. As someone who lives a few miles from you I was wondering. Why do you want to leave Arizona?

You’ve mentioned a couple times recently that you’d like to be living somewhere other than in Arizona. As someone who lives a few miles from you I was wondering. Why do you want to leave Arizona?
Long story. Not sure how close you are to me, but you know this is a crummy home in a crummy neighborhood. The last few years out here haven't been too pleasant, so maybe it's time for a change. 'Nuff said.

Back