• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Abduction Caught On Film In Dickinson, North Dakota

G

Gil Bavel

Everyone on ATS is going apesh!t over a video allegedly taken by a man that was asleep allegedly showing a video of his own abduction. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the video has been sent out of the country and the website where it appeared has been suspended.

The article is here (NOT the video): http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=30643

It's an interesting story, but until video is confirmed, it's just that, a story.

Has anyone heard about this? It's supposedly fairly new.

I can't verify the veracity of this, but thought y'all might be interested in knowing about it--in case it does become the newest, best piece of evidence in the war on Truth in this whole phenomenon.

The post that seemed to get everyone so excited follows (this is a REPOST from ATS):

HBCC UFO Research Note: The gentleman who sent me the report on what could be the most amazing bit of footage to come along in years sat on the film for over two months. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with it, or share such an fascinating look into something many have tried to capture over the years, but with no luck at all. In telephone interviews and what this man has sent me in the past, over the UFO sightings he has experienced, which included some of the best footage of a UFO event I have personally received. I am very excited to be receiving the film of what I am being told is of the fellows alien abduction caught on video tape which was taken in his bedroom while he slept.

Once the video footage is received at HBCC UFO Research and another call to the man who provided the footage, we will go from there with getting the footage released, along with an full interview on his ongoing experiences. So stayed tuned over the next couple of weeks. The footage left the United States on June 20, 2007 in route to me at HBCC UFO Research.
-----------

If this does actually go anywhere, I'm sure the guy would end up being a most interesting guest for the Paracast.

I'm not sure if this guy is full of it, or what. I've never been to the site before (http://www.hbccufo.org/), but apparently there was also a video on YouTube but it's been removed--this leads me to suspect that it's a hoax... but the people that saw it seemed pretty excited.

I'm immediately dubious of any video that can't be verified by seeing personally, especially if there's some reason that it's been removed, banned, or otherwise taken out of circulation.

Discuss.

Wowser.

Well, if it's fake it's got a lot of special effects in it. It won't take long for experts to sort through it...

I look forward to seeing the actual video.

Here's the ats thread.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread289146/pg1

I won't be excited til I can see the tape. It was sent to Brian back on June 20th right?

On page 6 of the ats thread, has comments from people who've seen the vid apparently. And some worthless stills.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread289146/pg6

I just wanted to bring it to the attention of this forum. I'm not saying it's real, or a hoax, just that people are excited about it, and it seems to be the next thing in the pipeline after O' Hare, the Drones, The Haiti hoax... but it would be a breakthrough if it WERE real--the abductees I've talked to that tried to videotape themselves at night told me that they either got static, or the recorders were turned off.
I guess if the aliens knew the video was going to be questionable, they might have left it alone...
In any case, I do have some problems with this already, even without having seen the footage. The guy claims he recorded over some of it accidentally and that's why the end is missing. He also left some work on his computer, minimized it, talked to his wife, and she managed to delete it.

If this guy is such a nimrod that he doesn't save his work--and let's face it, if any of us had something of that magnitude on videotape, we'd pop the damned tab out--then that sends up red flags for me. I can understand that he was excited, but get real. Maybe it's because most of us here are technophiles and understand computers and backups and we're A/V geeks--but if he's a member of ATS or even figured out how to post, then we can assume he knows not to keep his tape collection next to his speakers, right?

It does seem unlikely that someone would tape over something so significant. Has anyone seen this footage, of an alleged abduction caught on CCTV?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QkeOUzKRzLY

What do you make of it? I've watched it a number of times, and all I can honestly see is a guy walking off camera. Is there something I'm missing?

Siani said:
It does seem unlikely that someone would tape over something so significant. Has anyone seen this footage, of an alleged abduction caught on CCTV?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QkeOUzKRzLY

What do you make of it? I've watched it a number of times, and all I can honestly see is a guy walking off camera. Is there something I'm missing?

Yes, I seen it when it initially aired. Nothing of any substance really came out of the story. Rumors abound it's a hoax, perhaps by the tv show, Paranormal Borderline if I remember correctly. PB was involved in the Yeti Snowwalker vid so their credibility is gone.

I haven't watched the copy you posted yet, but in the vid a bit more than a guy walking off can be seen. A flash of light, him disappearing, and then re-appearing on his hands and knees puking.

As for my own conclusions, I consider it a hoax at worst, inconclusive at best. There simply isn't good reason to think it's an abduction by aliens of some kind or another. The guy hasn't came forward to this day so far as I know. The letter sent in to the show was reportedly from a friend of the "abductee", and/or co worker. They wanted money for the vid and remained anon.

Siani said:

I think it's wise to remain skeptical of such displays when the provenance is unknown.

Looks like security guard gets arm twisted into leaving his job to hang out at the local bar with his buddies. Trips motion sensing light.

After 2 hours of drinking or "missing time" he comes back. His buddy kicks him out the car cause he's gonna puke. He falls on the ground trips the lights again and pukes.

Next day he tries to erase the security tape but gets caught and is fired. Just a theory.

LOL, yes, I considered that he may have crept off to have a few drinks and then puked it all up. I've not seen the original show it aired on, and know nothing about it, as I'm in the UK. But I'm not convinced it shows anything significant. Trouble is, with widespread availability of CGI software, etc, these days - even if a real abduction was filmed, would we believe it?

I dont think that its JUST the footage that is lacking in apparent content, its the witness testimony and credibility of the incident thats in question.

Siani said:
LOL, yes, I considered that he may have crept off to have a few drinks and then puked it all up. I've not seen the original show it aired on, and know nothing about it, as I'm in the UK. But I'm not convinced it shows anything significant. Trouble is, with widespread availability of CGI software, etc, these days - even if a real abduction was filmed, would we believe it?

It isn't easy to fake a convincing abduction. That's why we haven't seen any, unlike the bigfoot fakes and ufo fakes. Even the Lake County tv show was piss poor in looking convincing. My main goal is to get an abduction or very close encounter recorded. I've had no luck finding a good abductee in my area to stake out though. Everyone keep me in mind if you come across a repeated abductee in or around Charlotte NC.

Scroll down for vid and a reenactment:
http://www.hbccufo.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2804

Well, the file links indicate all clips are reenactments, but I think this is wrong. Some links are the actual vid.

Siani said:
Trouble is, with widespread availability of CGI software, etc, these days - even if a real abduction was filmed, would we believe it?

Even though CGI software may be widely available it takes considerable talent to pull off a convincing shot. It's not something an average Joe can do with a cracked copy of Maya.

But you are right about one thing. It's becoming more and more difficult to tell real from fake. We have reached the point where a flawless fake is possible. A single talented professional with the proper collection of software (Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Nature FX, some Match Move software) and dedication can certainly pull it off.

The Chad Drones and the Haito UFO hoaxes were done by guys who are intermediate or advanced 3D artists. I believe this is only the beginning of what is to come. This should be disturbing to everyone interested in this field.

Take this example:

xNR0hgqFnw4

I see a few imperfections here such as the match move but examples like this are getting close.

Most fakers will stick to far away blurry shots cause it's easier to do. This is why there are no close-up UFO or Alien creature shots. These are a whole other magnitude of difficulty than a distant UFO in the sky.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Here's the ats thread.

I won't be excited til I can see the tape. It was sent to Brian back on June 20th right?

I was wrong. I wasn't excited when I saw the vid.

Astroboy said:
...but you are right about one thing. It's becoming more and more difficult to tell real from fake.

Hard to identify fakes, especially with our limited budgets and our "arm chair" investigation styles. When something interesting falls into our laps, we need to:
1) Fly to the sighting location
2) Take samples, check for radiation, etc..
3) Interview the witness(es)
4) Do a background check on the witness (interview neighbors, etc)
5) Run them through a polygraph
6) Have the evidence objectively, professionally analyzed
7) Contact local authorities to seek out conventional explanations (airport, etc.)
8 ) Return in six months and see if the witness is still sticking to their story or if they now wish to brag about their clever hoax

Of course, hardly any of us (students of such phenomena) can afford to do any of this --- even if we could get all the cooperation we would wish.

I think we would have to deploy a team of professionals. (I'd like to include a psychologist/psychiatrist.)

It would take millions of dollars, probably --- if such an operation had an international scope.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Here's the ats thread.

LOL!!!!! :D

fitzbew88 said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Here's the ats thread.

LOL!!!!! :D

You watch it yet? Every clip looks the same to me. I can make out a grey dancing every now and then in the center of the screen, but the guy said he's never seen a grey. Oh well.

I'm already highly skeptical of the whole deal.

That thread at ATS has a link to the original American Chronicle story, which was authored by a guy named Brian Vike. Now, who this guy is or what he's all about I have no idea, but if you scroll down to the bottom of that American Chronicle story there's a link to his blog (http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/). Apparently he runs his own UFO radio show, claims to have abduction experience himself, and is the Director for the HBCC UFO Research. If you take a look on his blog, you'll notice links to Dan Willis' MySpace page, and a link to the Disclosure Project website. Troll on over to the HBCC UFO page, and you'll find a bunch of banner links to Brian Vike's blogpage.

I haven't looked that deep into it yet, but it seems that this whole ordeal is a campaign by this Vike guy to boost his ratings for his radio show.

Back